It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Bei

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a horde of internet armchair general whine and complain

take to the street? nah.. over their dead body..

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital_desire
a horde of internet armchair general whine and complain

take to the street? nah.. over their dead body..

Huh?

Which side are YOU on...?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Where do they get these people who enforce this garbage? Police departments must be scraping the bottom of the barrel. When will the good Officers stand up and realize that these people are their neighbors and stop enforcing this garbage? Just doing my job doesn't cut it as an excuse, each of us has to adhere to a higher law. If you are a spoke in a corrupt, evil wheel, you are part of that wheel.
edit on 29-12-2010 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If you think about it.

I am the owner of a prison. I get money for every prisoner. The longer I keep them, the larger profits I make. I pay off some judges, to keep my business running and everyone is happy:
- judge gets extra income
- I get more money and stable profits
- People can rest in my prison and plan out their lives and businesses.

I think it works just fine - people should be put in prison even before they commit a crime - just to know what it is like.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

Good to see some of us still have a sense of humor! That was pretty funny!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I would say to all of the posters here. Love it or leave it. Nobody is making you stay int he country. Go move to liberia if you want.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

This is a stupid thing to say.
"America isn't as free as it was last week and you're upset by it? Go to an even worse country, commie. LOVE THIS FASCIST UTOPIA FOR WHAT IT IS OR GO FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO BE BEATEN OVER MISDEMEANORS."

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

The only "rest" in prison would be in solitary. Out in general population you have to constantly watch your back and deal with gangs. It would be a chore just to survive. Interesting the gang phenomena, it separates the inmates and has them fighting amongst themselves. This helps the officials maintain control. Wouldn't be interesting if the inmates abolished gangs and unified? Too bad they don't see that the gang thing makes them pawns to the system.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Makes you wonder about what we are leaving our children doesn't it?

It's not just the US anymore either although this thread does pertain to the US. It's almost any nation anymore.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

We will not leave it because it is the same thing over the entire planet...very elite sociopaths are screwing everyone else. We will change it and they can't stop us, try as they might they will just make their situation worse. I suggest that you take a look around you and open your eyes to what is occuring.

PEACE

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yes I want to get hooked up to a video camera 24/7 then I will have something to prove I am innocent, of what ever they say I did.
The way things are though the cops would probably beat me for having a camera and getting a video, I would have to be undercover. Transmitt to my notebook then send it over the net to another location. Stream
But wouldn't it be great, no! officer I didn't run the red light , or I was only going two miles a hour over the limit and I'm the Captain of this ship sir. Espesically when the cop goes nuts and acts like a Ahole, that would fix his wagon, maybe get him thrown off the force..

This one cop in my town pulled this girl over, and said he would let her off for sex, boy did that cop get screwed, rape test, cop went to jail big time, hope he runs into some old friends. She sued the city got big bucks.

I do hate when people spit on the side walk big green spit, they should get a ticket at least spit where no one will walk in it.
I had a guy work for me he spit right in front of my door of my house, boy did I ream his ass, stupid.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Sxull
thanks for taking the time to note that we do needs laws and police to keep us safe despite all the negative things that are being mentioned here.

Bull S.h.i.t, there is only one law, Do unto other as you would have done to you.(don't harm another human being, don't harm another human beings property and don't commit fraud) what else is there. It covers all necessary laws. All the rest are monetary in application,period. We need peace officers not police officers. They are mandated to be peace officers first , law enforcement second. They have their priorities ass backwards. why? Because there is no power in being a peace officer but vast amounts of power in being a law enforcement officer. They are always after the fact of real crimes,and they are always ahead of the fact of a monetary application type crime. NO cop ever kept anyone safe, how can they they are after the fact?? Mister

bah bah bah
edit on 29-12-2010 by Mister1k because: forum

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by RedGolem

I've consistently wondered what we can do about this.

There are so many laws on the books, it would be impossible to ask our elected officials to repeal them one by one, that wouldnt accomplish anything because it would be too long a process and by the time one is gone, five would have been put in place.

After the revolution in Romania they threw out ALL the laws. Then they went thru the pile and took the good ones and passed them. I would add that no 'law' should be more than 2 pages and should be understandable by anyone with a HS diploma, get rid of the legalise.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by grrrrt
The only problem with that list is that many of those arrests would've never happened unless someone called the cops on them(snitched). Do you really think the police would be snooping around a random families house to make sure no presents were opened early? Or linger around students desks in school to see if they've written anything on them?

Of course it's hella ridiculous that LEO's would enforce law onto these minor things, but you can't forget about the *SNIP*ing people making those 911 calls on these victims in the first place. Those same people would probably sue anybody any chance they got, because if you haven't noticed there are those out there that abuse our law enforcement and courts.

But I think the real problem is the people above the LEO's that are making these dumb laws, as an officers job entitles them to enforce those laws no matter how ludicrous they are.
edit on 28-12-2010 by grrrrt because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2010 by grrrrt because: spelling

What with Big SIs in your face telling you to all the time you can bet that the amount of 'snitching' will only increase. Get ready to go to jail for something unless you join the snitch brigade.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chett

After the revolution in Romania they threw out ALL the laws. Then they went thru the pile and took the good ones and passed them. I would add that no 'law' should be more than 2 pages and should be understandable by anyone with a HS diploma, get rid of the legalise.

You cannot legitimately legally expect a citizen to follow a law they have not been informed of prior. That is fraudulent behavior.

Everyone already knows that murder, theft, rape, assault, etc are wrong, and therefore almost certainly illegal.

But does passing a Paper Law stop it? No.

Talk about a Paper Tiger.
Our system is a joke.

The only messed up part is, everyone believes in "this system" (which is an ILLUSIONARY MISCONCEPTION).

There is no system or gov't. It is just a fabrication that we invented to give the appearance of "order" to a inherently NATURAL CHAOS.

BTW, if you PAY TAXES than you are OPENLY SUPPORTING Authoritarianism, theft, fraud, murder, lies, war, injustice, etc.

Now that you are informed of the crime, you are guilty if you keep at it.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Makes you wonder about what we are leaving our children doesn't it?

It's not just the US anymore either although this thread does pertain to the US. It's almost any nation anymore.

However bleak it may seem, have hope friends.

During the Medieval Period for example, there was no such thing as a free citizen or a free nation. Every location on Earth was ruled by some sort of despotism or monarchy. Most people were peasants. Few were nobles.

Life was ultra-harsh. Not only was medicine backwards and sadistic (bleeding people to get rid of a cough? lol), but they had no knowledge of cleanliness like we do. Shampoo and soap? hahhaha

No one ever heard of personal citizen rights, but they certainly knew how to use a sword. There were no murder scene forensics so illegal killing was very very commonplace.

Treachery abounded, the courts were full of intrigue and deception. Even the rulers could not sleep well at night, due to the countless assassinations and poisonings going around.

I can't even describe the negative that emanates from that period of our history. It is the darkest known epoch of our human experience.

The modern fascist movements have nothing on the dictators and conquerors of bygone eras.

Cops today get in trouble for tasering you.

1000 years ago the "cop" would just stab you in the gut with a Gladius. And no one cared.

The point is, despite it's shortcomings, the last 150 years has been the best humanity has ever known. We actually have tasted freedom and knowledge.

There is no way to turn back the clock. People will always thirst for freedom and knowledge.

Like a pendulum though, it will swing back and forth. This current period of increasing totalitarianism will only set off a new wave of free thinking and rebellious behavior. Like it did in past ages...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

LOL some of these so called offences and the over the top reactions from TPTB, are insane...

I wonder how long it is before people are dragged into the street and shot for farting in an elevator..

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Great thread OP! I have to admit I'm a little disappointed because just a couple of days ago I was thinking about starting a thread identical to this, only I hadn't found a solid set of sources to backup my theory.

This is FANTASTIC! S&F for you good buddy.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

LOL some of these so called offences and the over the top reactions from TPTB, are insane...

Ironclad
I really do hope some of the examples that were listed are either being over blown or at least a rare example. Alas I know some of them are not but I do recall there have been movements to get the old useless laws taken off the books. So that is at least something.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have read all of them, and strangely enough we have not been told the whole story, and we have also not been left with links, news articles, or arrest records.

Don't you guy's ever question new articles? You should always question a new source no matter what. You can't trust any kind of media.

And its quite sad that most of you just believed this pile of rubbish straight away without even questioning its sources.

How do you guy's expect to be treated like human beings who can think for themselves when most of you havn't even questioned the article?

A boy arrested in a classroom for farting? How pathetic. I doubt thats even real.

These guy's probably just plucked the list from their heads without even providing sources.

Gee you guys are sheep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join