It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Bei

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Ipowell
great link, thanks

All the states have some dumb laws, if you are in the states you can look up some of them on the link Ipowell provided.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wonder if number 8 is actually true . A boy was arrested for Farting in class?
What in the world is this world comming to ?
If that was the case Im sure I would have a criminal record a mile long lol

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

That's not true, there are plenty of police officers who do think and try to handle different situations as carefully as possible. I'm sure there are some who let fear take over, but can't say that all cops are inhuman, evil, and disengenous. (Your hatred of cops takes the best of you buddy)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

That may be but rest assured it's a learned hate. And the few times I've given them the benefit of the doubt it's always come back to bite my ass. They arent worth dealing with.

I choose to play it safe and write them all off as enemies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

To each is own, my brother.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There is a law here in Cumbria (UK) which states that if you see two or more Scotsmen in Carlisle city centre after 6pm then you have to shoot them in the kneecaps with a crossbow as it is classed as an invasion

I think there is somewhere else in the England where this law applies too, don't think anyone has put it too the test any time in the last 200 years though, hehe.
edit on 28/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Haha, I almost posted this one, but wasn't sure what forum to put it in.

Leave some for others

What a BIZZARE society we inhabit.

yes very bizzare... so bizarre we keep reading this stuff and sit here and talk about it, declare our outrage... then a few minutes later we look for the next thread on the latest outrage so we can talk about that.

Threads are dropping faster than breeding rabbits... and by tomorrow who remembers them?

Now about that 'aliigator eats woman' thread... link?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The only problem with that list is that many of those arrests would've never happened unless someone called the cops on them(snitched). Do you really think the police would be snooping around a random families house to make sure no presents were opened early? Or linger around students desks in school to see if they've written anything on them?

Of course it's hella ridiculous that LEO's would enforce law onto these minor things, but you can't forget about the *SNIP*ing people making those 911 calls on these victims in the first place. Those same people would probably sue anybody any chance they got, because if you haven't noticed there are those out there that abuse our law enforcement and courts.

But I think the real problem is the people above the LEO's that are making these dumb laws, as an officers job entitles them to enforce those laws no matter how ludicrous they are.
edit on 28-12-2010 by grrrrt because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2010 by grrrrt because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
I've consistently wondered what we can do about this.

NOTHING just say MMAAAAAHHHHHH

Boy, 13, Busted (arrested) For Illegal Marker Possession
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Let's not focus only on the negative here lest we forget that at one time it was illegal for women to wear pants and for black men to vote.

We shouldn't let a handful of instances of overzealous or ineffective law enforcement overshadow the millions of instances that go smoothly and help keep us safe.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Sxull
thanks for taking the time to note that we do needs laws and police to keep us safe despite all the negative things that are being mentioned here.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Add to that the numerous cases where people have been arrested for filming cops doing their dirty business. That one is a biggie cause it's the only way to fight back.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

When the government is weak, more excuses are given to police to arrest and terrorize the population

(IMO) It seems the United States is copying the Middle East dictators which it has protected for so long now. The Middle East dictators haven't got support amongst the population, therefore has allowed the police to use any excuse for arrest and intimidation, to keep the population at check.

The OP is a clear example of such absurdities being imported/exported to US.

I hope Americans take this sign seriously, this is no doubt a sign, a sign that their government knows regarding the lack of support from population. (IMO) This will turn nasty soon, this is just the beginning.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lurkee

Here is a link to some very bad laws www.guardiansofthefreerepublics.com...

Also on the other side, what about things that should be crimes but are not? For example how some law makers shuffle the paperwork to get legalisation through parliament in which no right minded politician would approve if they knew the full implications about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You are correct. One thing that I have to add is that there is a lot of social pressure in America for some reason, at least where I have gone, and one cannot have hardly any opinion or do any activity anymore that does not conform to, dare I say it, the new liberal agenda, without dire social consequences. In short, there is a lot of fear in social situations in some areas of the country.

I would like to differ between "old liberals" that cared about helping people and freedom and "new liberals" that attack personal freedom, set up regulations and discourage free speech and viewpoints other than their own, because I consider myself an "old liberal."
edit on 28-12-2010 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Everytime there has been a need for a cop in my opinion, they are not out to help . they bully intimidate and threaten your free speech. I have been told I would be thrown in jail when giving my side of a story, not even allowed to say more than two words. They usually walk in with a chip on thier shoulders waiting to take it out on you if you do not cower like a dog at thier feet.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Everytime there has been a need for a cop in my opinion, they are not out to help . they bully intimidate and threaten your free speech. I have been told I would be thrown in jail when giving my side of a story, not even allowed to say more than two words. They usually walk in with a chip on thier shoulders waiting to take it out on you if you do not cower like a dog at thier feet.

Some of my personal experiences with Police

I was handcuffed and arrested for putting alcohol from its original box to my bag. My whole box of alcohol which cost me 39.90$ was confiscated and never given back, they probably drank all of the cans that night (then go out and bully some more people because they have the right to do so). Then they fined me 300 dollars for breaching the liquor ban (funnily breach of liquor ban means drinking liquor, not buying liquor).

Another incident a police officer was trying to fight my young friend, throwing insults at him, trying to provoke him to fight, picking him up, then pushing him down again, while his partner just stood there and watched, all of this while my friend was handcuffed already.

Getting quiet sick of this, the police need to realize they work for the citizens of the country, every penny they get, they get from the TAX payers.

They need to check themselves before they push the wrong button.
edit on 28-12-2010 by lurkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have nothing against police officers, they are under paid, work crazy hours, have an extremely dangerous job, and have to deal with the best of human stupidity among other things on a daily basis. Almost every cop I have met is a down to earth person but as with any job there are a few bad ones that give all LEOs a bad name. There is a reason why police departments are constantly firing and hiring new cops, many can't hack it. No good cop are police station wants to have a cop that is a liability on their squad.

Cops don't make laws, they simply enforce them. It is the legislative branch that makes laws and the law makers are often elected officials. As stupid as the laws are, we the people who elected the fools who have seemingly enslaved us with their laws are to blame for this mess.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
We are already dead, so enjoy yourselves, do whatever you want.

If you wanna go a little crazy, go for it.

Don't worry about the coppers. Life has a purpose.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Arrested for farting?

I hope his defence was along the lines of "whoever smelt it, dealt it"!

Good topic, shame we can do little about it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join