It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Bei

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The link wouldn't work for me! I really wanted to see this list aswell
I could proberly just imagine it to be honest

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tropictul

Tropictul
Hear is another link. It worked ok for me. Hope it will work better for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This thread looks to be the best collection point of laws that should be burnt. Here is another one. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Kwakakey
thanks for the link. I made a thread a while back that was some what similar. What you posted is very scary. The people who let food shortages happen, if they do, should probably be taken out and horse wiped.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've never been in trouble with the law.. Hell, I've never gotten a "moving violation" ticket (speeding/reckless driving/etc). A year ago, I took my car through the state inspection station. It failed for a crack on my passenger's side rear-view mirror. I had 60 days to get it fixed and reinspected. Two days later (after I fixed the mirror, but before I got the car reinspected) I was pulled over for having the large, red rejected inspection sticker on my windshield. I politely showed the officer my inspection papers, detailing why it failed, and pointed out to the officer that I have fixed the problem, but have not gotten a chance to take it through re-inspection yet. I handed him my license, insurance, and registration, and he went back to his car. I figured he'd let me go after seeing everything was on the up and up. Well, to my surprise, he came back holding a ticket. He wrote me a ticket for "obstruction of view" for having an air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror. He explained to me that he was doing me a favor, and I should be happy that all I have to do is pay a $80 ticket, and that if he wanted to, he could impound my car for "unsafe transportation" even though the inspection papers said I had 60 days to fix my mirror (not to mention I actually already made the required repairs).

The police are nothing more then revenue collectors for the state. Not all, but many will try manipulating any obscure law/regulation/whatever to pry resources from those they are supposed to be protecting. A neighbor of mine had called the police due to a prowling ex-boyfriend who she had a restraining order against. By the time the police arrived, the BF had taken off. When this distressed woman opened her door to the police, the first thing they noticed was a hookah on top of a cabinet. Now, this woman does not use any illegal substances, the glass hookah was decorative, and had never been used. The officer "confiscated" the pipe, and demanded he be able to search the whole house. She refused his "demand", and the officers left, not even the least bit concerned about why they were actually called to the premises. My neighbor actually went to the police department to reclaim her hookah (as it was not illegal) and was informed it was accidentally "destroyed in transit".

Now, I'm not saying all peace officers are this callous, but it seems the ones you run into the most, are the most corrupt.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

syyth
thanks for sharing your story. I am sad to say I do agree with you and your conclusion is to often the case. I have also heard stories that get far worse then what you shared.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

This is just sad-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Archivion
sad yes, But is many cases the old stupid laws have been being removed from the books of many cities and states.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well ladies and gents, it looks as if we might see the start of our next revolution. Too bad we don't have some distant land to settle and call it "New America" Laws are supposed to be in place for order, not domination. I have been calmly sitting by watching and reading the stories of bogus arrests over the simplest things, and I personally am infuriated to think we can bendover and take it. In my opinion we need to think as a whole and get these scumbags out of office and elect our own ordinary joe and jane the plumbers and clean house! Come on people...Viva la Revolution'!! Can I get star and flag please thank you! High five!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
these are unbelieveable to say the least .

what is this world coming to ???

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

If you think the abuses are excessive now, just wait til the days of $100+ @ barrel oil hits, and prices of everything goes through the roof ! The day is fast approaching when the just in time system of re-supply will falter, and break-down. Gold prices are continually rising...with some predictions of $5,000@oz. or more looming in 12 mo.
Energy and production costs are rising exponentially across the board, with those costs pushed on to the consumer. Whoopee!

Get ready for $15 a loaves of bread...and $7.50 @ gal gasoline, cause it's coming. God forbid the world or the USA suffers a biblical proportion natural catastrophe.

Very soon our way of fat-sassy and easy lifestyles will become hugely expensive, and many will have to cut back to very austere conditions just to survive payday to payday...
Of course Americans are going to go Bugnutz and piss`n moan and protest and riot and without trying, break every little law on the books. The federal peace keepers will have a good ole fashion western days round up; crack`n heads, bust `n jaws, split `n lips, and arresting every living body in sight! Ho Boy! Yee Haw...

Crying days are ahead...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This fall, my 15 yr old son, an honor roll student with no criminal history, was arrested for FELONY "Terroristic Threatening" for writing a short story on his facebook where the main character said he was going to use his "ninja skills" at school. Note - my son wants to be a horror story writer (like Stephen King or Clive Barker) when he gets older and has been writing horror stories and posting them online for a long time now. Well, a "concerned parent" saw the story online, called the school and complained. The vice principal pulled him into his office to ask him about the story. When my son confirmed he wrote it (and even said it was meant to be FICTION), they had him arrested at school. He has not been "officially" charged yet. We are waiting to see what the prosecutor is going to do....

Then this week, we received another call from the same vice principal because my son wrote "a story including violence" at school when his english teacher asked the class to do a small writing assignment surrounding the question "What would you do if someone asked you to sneak out at night?" My son posed that if someone asked him to sneak out at night, it would be in an attempt to get him into trouble so he'd beat the crap out of the person. The principal threatened to have him arrested again and suspended....to which my husband responded "You want to have him arrested and suspended for threatening an imaginary person???"

Needless to say, my son did NOT get arrested or suspended....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The powerful fear those who have none. Because those that have none, have nothing to loose.
Those that have nothing to loose, are very often the fearless, and will brave death fearlessly.
Those that have it all, cannot face loosing anything and fear death. Those that have nothing, have everything to gain and will kill to get it.

Politicians are cowards, and use political power to yield their might.
Their might is nothing more than the roar of a paper tiger.

Politicians fear their constituents.
Unless their constituents are the stupid and gullible.

The stupid and gullible are often beguiled
Politicians are notorious beguilers.

Political correctness isn't.
Empirical truths are poisonous to the politically correct.

Laws are imposed to control the stupid. The stupid break laws with no plan, or lawyer on retainer.
The savvy will always outwit the law. The lawless smart, always have a plan, and the top lawyers.

Those with money can do no wrong.
Those without any are guilty until proven innocent.

When you do right, no one remembers.
When you do wrong, no one forgets.

Those who speak out against the ruling few and the moneyed elite without fear or favor;
will be labeled the anarchist and become the hunted...mercilessly...forever.

Freedom of speech guarantees nothing...
it depends what is said, to whom, and with what intent.
Any wording today can be construed to be inflammatory.

Therefore, choose your words wisely.
If they are poisonous, better to dip them in honey.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Being Arrested For

blacklistednews.com

Sadly, it is not just hardcore criminals that are being rounded up and abused by authorities these days. The following are 14 of the most ridiculous things that Americans are being arrested for….
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.benzinga.com/10/12/733935/almost-everything-is-a-crime-in-america-now-14-of-the-most-ridiculous-things-that-ameri]www.benzinga.com[/ url]
I believe why should drug users and prostitutes be put in prison? They didn't do anything wrong.Drugs shouldn't be illegal when you sale your body for sex you aren't harming anyone.Or when you do drugs you aren't harming anybody.It isn't the governments job to hold our hand.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiesC4

Women have power by virtue of their vagina's. If sex felt bad, or was in anyway unpleasant, there would be no market for her favors. Man cannot control his urges to have sex...and it makes him lustful.

A woman can control an army by spreading her legs to the Commanding Generals...if she is so inclined.
A woman can usually control her husband by controlling the sexual gratification of her man.
A woman can cause all sorts of intrigue and mayhem within governments, by eliciting intercourse with the powerful and influential. History has proven this time and again.
The female's cup of life, the vagina, has brought down the mighty and the power, and ruined monarchy's.
For the man who thinks he is a player and the stud, is only fooling himself. His game is only successful as long as there are women stupid enough to fall for his act...for without them, he is left holding his toy in a dry hand.

Man has known since the beginning of time, that her vagina is powerful and dangerous. This is why MEN wrote laws to subjugate and control the "wickedness" of the female...which is his own damn fault, because HE cannot control himself or keep his fly closed.

Do not punish the woman...she is a creature that man will always desire. Bless her heart...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

The only reason the almighty vagina has "power" over man, is because he has been fooled into thinking it is a rare and precious commodity or something. That widespread belief is what gives it power, in reality the only power another person has over you is the power you surrender. There are plenty of fish in the sea, and beauty is common these days.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReAlIzAtIoN
What I'm wondering is this: the police officers that were responsible for the arrests of those various people mentioned in the article, what could they have possibly be thinking? How can you arrest somene for such ridiculous and pointless reasons?

It's the "police" mentality of most, not all, LEO's. "I don't make the laws. I just enforce them." Come on.

The actions of some police remind me of this commercial.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is definently something that is getting out of control, i turned a little to fast one time and a guy in a huge truck had to brake a little harder than he would have liked because he was riding right on the back of my little civic, and he went into road rage mode and entered the parking lot at the other end and blocked me off so i could not go forward and there was a line of cars behind me started yelling at me and getting out of his truck to take this confrentaion to a physical extent which i will not do for one because i had leukemia less than a year and a half ago in which i had to get a bone marrow transplant so i am very frail and weak and i told the guy not to come any closer to me because i will protect myself with my firearm. so he yells a few more things and gets back in his truck and takes off and calls the cops claiming i was waving a gun around hysterically which he had no proof to back this up, the cops pull me over point guns at me and my wife screaming at us, dont read me my rights or listen to what i had to say, they take my fire arm, arrest me and throw me in jail for 4 days and wont tell my family anything thats going on with my case. This all took place in glendale arizona for anybody wondering where this occurred at. They end up dropping the case because there was no proof to back any of this up, my family had to pay a lawyer and the thing that pisses me off even worse is i tried to purches a hunting rifle a week ago to go hunting and they of course have to get a back ground check and they denied me to buy it so they litterally are denying my one of my rights for something that i did not do and i am not a felon.
edit on 28-3-2011 by KingConn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KingConn

Sue the crap out of the guy who accused you. You now have PROOF of deformation of character. If the guy filed a report there IS A RECORD!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

thanks for the link. I made a thread a while back that was some what similar. What you posted is very scary. The people who let food shortages happen, if they do, should probably be taken out and horse wiped.

It gets worse. NOW farmers are AFRAID to produce FOOD, at least if they have any sense. This is the LAST year I will sell food.

BACKGROUND: Analysis of the real problems with US food safety:

John Munsell & A Trip To The Woodshed With The USDA Humorous story detailing the Corruption in the government.

Peanut Quality - How did the Food Inspection Fail?:www.opednews.com...

See John Munsell's comment in this article: "Who needs Al-Qaeda when you have got E. coli?" : www.marlerblog.com...

SHIELDING THE GIANTS: www.whistleblower.org...

This is from HR 875 the original "food safety" bill. (We KNOW after the "compromise" passed amendments will be added so we end up with the original as written.)

It is cut and paste directly from HR 875 with nothing added.

Civil Penalty
(A) IN GENERAL- Any person that commits an act that violates the food safety law (including a regulation promulgated or order issued under the food safety law) may be assessed a civil penalty by the Administrator of not more than $1,000,000 for each such
B) SEPARATE OFFENSE- Each act described in subparagraph (A) and each day during which that act continues shall be considered a separate offense.

Criminal Sanctions-
(1) OFFENSE RESULTING IN SERIOUS ILLNESS- Notwithstanding section 303(a) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 333(a)), if a violation of any provision of section 301 of such Act (21 U.S.C. 301) with respect to an adulterated or misbranded food results in serious illness, the person committing the violation shall be imprisoned for not more than 5 years, fined in accordance with title 18, United States Code, or both.

(2) OFFENSE RESULTING IN DEATH- Notwithstanding section 303(a) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 333(a)), if a violation of any provision of section 301 of such Act (21 U.S.C. 331) with respect to an adulterated or misbranded food results in death, the person committing the violation shall be imprisoned for not more than 10 years, fined in accordance with title 18, United States Code, or both.

... each food production facility to have a written food safety plan that describes the likely hazards and preventive controls implemented to address those hazards;

include, with respect to growing, harvesting, sorting, and storage operations, minimum standards related to fertilizer use, nutrients, hygiene, packaging, temperature controls, animal encroachment, and water

include, with respect to animals raised for food, minimum standards related to the animal's health, feed, and environment which bear on the safety of food for human consumption

The really nasty part is the Mega-Corporations have already been holding seminars on how to pass their liability for food borne illness to the farmers. THAT is what the changes to HACCP in 1996 were all about and 1995 the WTO Agreement on Ag. The use of "risk assessment " and "traceability" instead of traditional government inspection and testing of food so corporations are no longer inspected and the liability from the resulting illness can be passed off to the farmer.

Traceability techniques can provide additional guarantees as to the origin, type or organoleptic quality of food products.” www.oie.int...

Yet it is obvious that traceability does nothing to prevent disease, it only allows blame to be placed after the fact.

The World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement on Agriculture (AoA) changed how disease and food safety is handled around the world. The USDA decided to change focus from disease eradication to disease “prevention” by changing from a zero tolerance import policy to a “scientifically-based and transparent risk assessment,” and opening US borders to trade in “low risk commodities”. This is why the USA has suddenly been flooded by tainted imports. They are obviously considered “low risk” www.animalagriculture.org...

According to the World Trade Organization:

"Measures to trace animals...to provide assurances on...safety ...have been incorporated into international standards... The Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary [SPS] Measures...Aims to ensure THAT GOVERNMENTS DO NOT USE QUARANTINE AND FOOD SAFETY REQUIREMENTS as UNJUSTIFIED TRADE BARRIERS... It provides Member countries with a right to implement traceability as an SPS measure."

In simple terms The WTO “free trade agreement” allows cheap imports to cross borders without quarantine or other food safety testing. Only Traceability is allowed. The “new food safety policy” (1995) is about opening borders to trade.

Transfer of Corporate Liability

Wisconsin was the first state to make NAIS (animal traceability) mandatory. The corporate response is quite interesting. Family farmers have feared that:

“One of the big goals of NAIS is to shift liability to the farmers and off of the packers and retail chains. This is despite the fact that virtually all food contamination happens at the slaughterhouse and beyond.” nonais.org...

Paul-Martin:Griepentrog on September 3, 2008 reported that this was indeed the case. He attended “quality assurance training required for Badger Vac 45.” And reported

“You [the farmer] will be required to cover ALL expenses in the event of contamination...The bottom line is that after 10 years [note the date] of below normal prices here in Wis because the state allowed Equity Livestock Coop to create a monopoly, our savior has now arrived to burden us with contracts shifting all liability to feeder cattle producers if they can’t prove they are innocent. “ SOURCE

There was even a conference scheduled in 2009 addressing how to pass the blame to farmers!

Conference to address food-borne illness litigation

“The conference will cover topics such as aligning damage assessments/expectations with the outcomes from recent resolved litigation; managing an outbreak effectively to minimize shareholder and reputational risk afterwards as quickly as possible; and how to measure and prove actual control of various players in the movement of contaminated food to accurately assess apportionment of liability....

Report Rips FDA Oversight Of Produce

FDA's efforts to combat foodborne illness are hampered by staffing shortages, infrequent inspections and lax enforcement at fresh produce processing plants, according to congressional investigators. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) report also said only 1% of produce imported into the U.S. is inspected, and the practice of mixing produce from several sources makes tracing contamination challenging...

The report said inspections at produce-processing facilities are rare, and when problems are discovered, FDA relies on the industry to correct them without oversight or follow-up. Between 2000 and 2007, FDA detected food safety problems at more than 40% of the 2,002 plants inspected, yet half of those plants were inspected only once. The plants with food safety problems received only warning letters from FDA, and even those ended in 2005...

Salmonella Source Found
The Salmonella strain associated with the lastest foodborne illness outbreak has been found, in irrigation water as well as in a sample from some serrano peppers at a Mexican farm. The farm is located in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. “The agency seized no fresh produce, sought no injunctions and prosecuted no firms” www.americanvegetablegrower.com...

The USDA has cut back on disease testing by up to 90% and has shifted what testing is done to dead animals at slaughter instead of testing live animals at the farm. This allows a disease years to be passed from one farm to another before the animal is finally sent to slaughter.

The US government is also closing down testing labs.

“USDA is moving toward supporting fewer labs nationwide, with the remaining labs serving as regional labs and supporting larger geographic areas..” www.tahc.state.tx.us...

“Cattle crossing facilities on the U.S. side of the border are operated primarily by private firms... at Santa Teresa, NM, Chihuahuan [Mexican] cattle producers operate both sides of the cattle port-of-entry” www.ers.usda.gov/publications/Agoutlook/june2001/AO282d.pdf

“Free trade makes it easier for Mexico to sell us cattle," Mr. Suppan said. "Mexico does not have in place the infrastructure to eradicate tuberculosis."...Bovine tuberculosis is fast becoming an important reason that carcasses are being condemned as unsafe in American beef packing plants. The number of carcasses found infected is 15 times higher than in 1986. Dr. Billy Johnson, said about 80 percent of the condemned carcasses were traced back to animals raised in Mexico.” query.nytimes.com...

To Make matters worse the USA exports 700,000 tons of quality beef while importing 1,500,000 tons from countries with: Naegleria fowler, Encephalitis, vesicular stomatitis viruses, Leptospirosis, Trypanosomiasis (Chagas disease), and foot and mouth disease. The US imports 2.5 million live cattle from Canada with BSE (now found in USA) and from Mexico with tuberculosis (now found in USA), brucellosis (now found in USA) cattle tick fever, (now found in USA) Trypanosoma cruz,, (now found in USA), Bluetongue (now found in USA), and Vesicular stomatitis.

“..new disease challenges are emerging. Some are domestic diseases that are increasing in significance. Others are foreign diseases that may be imported as result of the exponential increases in international importations of animals and animal products. Our industries and our economy are threatened by diseases and pests that heretofore we only read about in disease text books...” www.tahc.state.tx.us...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join