It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Bei

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+117 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Being Arrested For

blacklistednews.com

Sadly, it is not just hardcore criminals that are being rounded up and abused by authorities these days. The following are 14 of the most ridiculous things that Americans are being arrested for….
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.benzinga.com/10/12/733935/almost-everything-is-a-crime-in-america-now-14-of-the-most-ridiculous-things-that-ameri]www.benzinga.com[/ url]

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The article quoted talks about how there are large numbers of people arrested, and in prison or on probation in the U.S. It then goes on to list fourteen of some of the more stupid things people can be or have been arrested for. I have seen lists like these before and they can get far more stupid then what has been listed on this article. So please list some of the stupid laws that you know of or let us know which ones you think are the worst from the list.

blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yea I believe this is what they call a Police State. Ever so slowly they tighten the grip. Before you know it we won't be able to breath. I can't wait for the next big event in the news that allows them to take more of our supposed freedoms.

Oh yea I forgot, they are doing all of this for our own good.

edit on 28-12-2010 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Unreal isn't it.
I just read an article where a lawyer was arrested for trying to bring candy (jawbreakers) into court (as he's done for over thirty years)...

But - as others have pointed out repeatedly - no one will take a stand until they're hungry.

So for now it's just a waiting game.

How sick is that.

peace

Edit to Add: For those of you who visit threads like this let's not forget the star and flags.
It's pretty sad to see something like this thread go unnoticed while 'alligator eats woman' flies to the top of the list.

Thanks...

edit on 28-12-2010 by silo13 because: peace

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Haha, I almost posted this one, but wasn't sure what forum to put it in.

So ridiculous, it is nearly laughable. Would BE laughable if it weren't for the fact that so many are being victimized and traumatized regularly by this insanity.

What a BIZZARE society we inhabit.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Are you serious? Jawbreakers! Geez. What kind of world is our children going to be raised in? My children are to young to explain these things to and it breaks my heart that they won't have a lot of the freedoms that I took for granted.

Yes I agree Silo,
Star and Flag.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

It's pretty sad to see something like this thread go unnoticed while 'alligator eats woman' flies to the top of the list.

Silo
I do agree with this statment very much. I have more then a few times seen what you have described happen.

To everyone thank you for posting and for your kind comments.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Already a thread. Sorry I beat you to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I've consistently wondered what we can do about this.

There are so many laws on the books, it would be impossible to ask our elected officials to repeal them one by one, that wouldnt accomplish anything because it would be too long a process and by the time one is gone, five would have been put in place.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I remember reading about an elderly lady in Cincinati that was arrested for putting quarters in expired parking meters. How can you justify that? There is no more obvious attempt by a city to secure a revenue stream through intimidation.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If this was'nt so scary it would be hilarious.
People just put up with it . Why ?
They do not realize that the next time
it could and WILL be them.
(Frog in the pot-just add water and turn on the heat).

Star and Flag, Awesome Post.

Peace.

edit on America/Chicagopm0331America/ChicagoTue, 28 Dec 2010 13:28:03 -060012 3128 by BrainGarden because: spell check !

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

#4 In Milwaukee, one man was recently fined $500 for swearing on a public bus.

This has been going on for as long as I can remember. When I was 18 years old I was arrested and fined and placed on probation for "Disorderly Conduct- Using profane language in public". What I had said, in front of a police officer was, "This is bull****".

What most people do not understand is that Disorderly Conduct is a classification, but just about anything can be attached to it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
and you thought that sharia law was bad

sorry I was just kidding , but really can't help it

no shooting please I was really kidding

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

UAE
the sharia law you mentioned is another good example of stupid laws. In that case though, those who do not benefit from them will say it goes beyond stupid.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Some of these arrests are laughable, what a shame.

What I'm wondering is this: the police officers that were responsible for the arrests of those various people mentioned in the article, what could they have possibly be thinking? How can you arrest somene for such ridiculous and pointless reasons?

Psst... I guess they have quotas that they need to meet.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

It's the cops job.

The job of a police officer is to find you, arrest you and help prosecute you.

No cop has any desire or motivation to think, weigh a situation, or help you in any way.

Of course if a cop doesnt like you or doesnt approve of something you have said he can arrest you and charge you with any number of blanket crimes such as disorderly conduct.

They are not your friends and they are not here to keep you safe.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This article and thread are very misleading in my opinion. These are not technical laws as stated. For example, the woman that was bruised by police for not picking up dog poop? My guess is that she became acting erratic and possibly violent when police confronted her. (non-removal of dog poop is a fine in most states, leading to possible jail time if multiple fines are issued -- think: littering.)

When she used her feet to try to prevent them from closing the patrol car door to secure her, she says, the beating began.

Court papers indicate police accused Stanczyk of causing a ruckus by yelling at the officers to leave her alone. They also said she locked her hands in front of her to avoid arrest.

The case was adjourned until May, when it will be dismissed as long as she stays out of trouble.

Source: www.nydailynews.com...

Further:

Regarding the 12-year-old boy that opened his present early? Blame his parents, not the cops.:

He was charged with petty larceny and his mom insisted police take him away.

Source: www.wistv.com...

How about the boy that farted in class?

According to the report, the incident occurred Nov. 4, when the 13-year-old boy “continually disrupted his classroom environment” by purposely breaking wind. He then shut off some computers other students were using.

He was causing a disruption to the class using various methods to prevent the other students from being able to participate in class that day, including but not limited to passing gas.

Source: www.tcpalm.com...

Now, there are certainly stupid laws in this country, but I do not believe this particular article is an example of that at all. Just my opinion.

As for some stupid laws, here are a few of my favorites:

(New Jersey)

It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder.
All motorists must honk before passing another car, bicyclist, skater, and even a skateboarder.
It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.
If you have been convicted of driving while intoxicated, you may never again apply for personalized license plates.
You may not slurp your soup.

(Virginia)

Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.
Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
It is illegal to tickle women.

The website below has a link for every state. Frankly it's rather humorous.
Source: www.dumblaws.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow, crazy, what sort of people would want to live in a country with a police state such as th.....oh wait, nevermind, just remembered where I live

edit on 28/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Its already become a totalitarian state there in amerika - they just clamped down with a velvet glove rather than an iron fist... The clampdown has already began there several years ago..

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I will add one.
As many know Peta run "humane societies" kill many of the pets brought to them. In our town a woman ended up running a sort of private placement center. All of her animals were fat and healthy and well cared for. People preferred to leave animals with her than with the local "humane society" and of course she not the "humane society" got a lot of donations to help with the care of the animals

PEAT took exception to a privately run shelter competing with them for donations. They had the police toss the woman in jail "rescued" the animals and then after starving them killed them!

(PETA) put to death more than 97 percent of the dogs, cats, and other pets it took in for adoption in 2006! - sev.prnewswire.com...
businessv20.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join