It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Grandmother, a Muslim Convert, Being Investigated for Possible Terror Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Indiana Grandmother, a Muslim Convert, Being Investigated for Possible Terror Link

www.foxnews.com

A 46-year-old Indiana grandmother is under investigation for her possible ties to suspected and convicted international terrorists, FoxNews.com has learned.

Muslim-convert Kathie Smith, 46, a U.S. citizen living in Indianapolis who has blogged about her granddaughter, last year married a suspected German jihadist...
/exnews](visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28/12/2010 by Mirthful Me because: Format.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Woman in Indiana ("grandmother" is a bit misleading -- she's in her mid 40s) marries German militant, makes Jihad video, posts online about wanting Jihad against the "terrorist US government", then wonders why she's hassled on her biweekly overseas trips to see her husband in Germany. Jailarity, no doubt, will soon ensue.

Curiously, she claims to hold many of the same beliefs held dear by some ATS members, though for obviously different reasons. I'm not sure how she's "defending the Constitution" by calling for a Jihad against her homeland, but she sure thinks she is.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
First thing that comes to my mind is that the FBI/CIA has somehow created this 'jihad grandmother', another 'domestic terrorist', so now anyone who shares her anti-establishment views (9/11 is an inside job, the US exports terror) can be closer linked to being a terrorist.

If you think that's far fetched look at all the recent botched 'terrorist events' and who groomed the terrorists - i'll give you a clue they're in the first sentence I typed.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well, the Muslim converts certainly do seem to be the craziest. And why in God’s name would ANY woman voluntarily convert to Islam … must be some kind of masochist.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
First thing that comes to my mind is that the FBI/CIA has somehow created this 'jihad grandmother', another 'domestic terrorist', so now anyone who shares her anti-establishment views (9/11 is an inside job, the US exports terror) can be closer linked to being a terrorist.

I don't know, she comes off to me as just another brainwashed nut. Lord knows that we've plenty of them, I don't know that the government would need to be producing them. It's an interesting point about 9/11, though -- I suspect that the number of Muslims who would claim conspiracy is higher than one would think, particularly among American Muslims.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Well, the Muslim converts certainly do seem to be the craziest. And why in God’s name would ANY woman voluntarily convert to Islam … must be some kind of masochist.

I believe it happens quite often.

Recently Tony Blair's sister in law converted

to prove it
edit on 28-12-2010 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Grandmother isn't misleading if she has grandchildren. I just hope she doesn't live in my neighborhood

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Just a side note, I noted many years ago that anyone who is converted to a differant ideology tends to be much more fanatical than those who are "naturalized" in it. This is because of the extreme amount of convincing (brain-washing) needed to convert someone from one ideology to another.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Grandmother isn't misleading if she has grandchildren. I just hope she doesn't live in my neighborhood

Well, misleading in the sense that many see "grandmother" and think "frail old lady with grey hair who bakes cookies." If I was conspiratorially minded (which I am not,) I would suggest this sort of thing is headlined the way that it is to deflect from criticism when you hear about old ladies being searched for weapons at the airport.

"How dare they! Who would believe that little old lady could be a terrorist?"

"Come on, didn't you hear about the Grandma in Indiana who declared Jihad on America?"
edit on 28-12-2010 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join