It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camouflage: History and Progress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Er the bottom pic is clearly Bigfoot!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Travlla

Can you see him in the tree's?

No, but I've saved the image to look later in biggo viz.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What !You left out the best jungle camo there is, tiger stripe.I used to think Rhodesian was the best universal pattern and I sure as hell know the current type is easy to spot,maybe underwater it would work.
Those 2 new ones look real good though.
That ATACS looks like lightly printed All Terrain Back Land commercial hunting camo.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 7thcavtrooper

ATACS is an interesting camouflage. Check this out up close:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/217ab301d0d9.jpg[/atsimg]

They call it Organic Digital Pixel.

I've never been much for tiger stripe. Light reflection/color blending is the best way to go in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
That looks perfect for all arid and MOUT but what about the jungle?What do you thinK of Tiger Stripes digital versions?
I do think the pattern should be vertical however.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I would still use Multicam in wooded environments. The reason why is when I hit the Sierra mountains the pattern takes and overall green color and then it picks up the light reflected from the rest of the environment. Otherwise I would use AOR2.

Multicam works very well in wooded areas.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba0317fde24c.jpg[/atsimg]

But so does AOR2:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26d31d6047ef.jpg[/atsimg]

All i'm saying is that there are better patterns out there.

edit on 14-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm not inside any more and a lot of my views are TRADOC heresy especially for a 19D, but ACU IS a joke the groups say so as do Rangers when I asked.
Its just too blue and too light.How is it through starlight?I remember that grid pattern night camo, again I guess it looked good on paper.
I'm an artist I observe shapes and color a lot.
I am not very familiar with that new pattern but is does resemble the CADPAT family.Heck My scuttle butt say there's optical camo out there.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
I'm not inside any more and a lot of my views are TRADOC heresy especially for a 19D, but ACU IS a joke the groups say so as do Rangers when I asked.
Its just too blue and too light.How is it through starlight?I remember that grid pattern night camo, again I guess it looked good on paper.
I'm an artist I observe shapes and color a lot.
I am not very familiar with that new pattern but is does resemble the CADPAT family.Heck My scuttle butt say there's optical camo out there.

19D!!! Why aren't you dead!??

The enemy REALLY hates you guys.

-15T here. I'm playing it safe.

I forgot about CADPAT. I like the stuff. That would be very useful in lush jungle.

UCP(Army digital) is actually very good in a sandy environment because it picks up the color around it. When I go hunting with my father in law about 100 miles east of Reno he wears it. If he gets too far he'll disappear on me. The problem with UCP at night is that the pattern requires light reflecting from sand and rock to work correctly.

Luckily Multicam works at night too.
edit on 15-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I'm not dead because I am an expert shot,big,had martial arts training and I carried a Gerber MkII and an M60.If I saw you within range..say 500 mtrs I won.
That and of course my diabolical mind,which scared my NCOs enough to keep me Spc4.
I accepted it they did tell me.
Oh and there is a trick a Vietnam vet showed me in Korea about how to contain your,,he called it "vibes" but it enables you to walk right up behind people and they don't feel you.That bothered a lot of people too.
I wonder what you call that?
edit on 15-6-2011 by 7thcavtrooper because: forgot add

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It helps to like your job.

Nothing but respect for you guys.

You're much of the reason we're able to bring the hurt on the enemy.
edit on 15-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thank you recon is seldom discussed these days.I am looking forward to the stories and tactics used,not to mention how the ROE will have been ignored to save lives.....again,practically SOP when I was in the Cav.Playing by the rules is dangerous

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7thcavtrooper
Thank you recon is seldom discussed these days.I am looking forward to the stories and tactics used,not to mention how the ROE will have been ignored to save lives.....again,practically SOP when I was in the Cav.Playing by the rules is dangerous

Well, for the purposes of this post...

*I will follow all the rules....
edit on 16-6-2011 by projectvxn because: *some restrictions apply.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I once posted a letter to "Soldier of Fortune" they wisely didn't post my name.So I understand your COMSEC. Gen Tielli ordered us not take any knives over 6" to the Gulf war when I left in Sept 90, it was odd to hear a whole platoon snicker like in the division formation .that but we never get divisional officers at the FEBA any way,
I used a Gerber guardian II.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I have an MTech that's 7" long. Got it for Christmas last year.

My MOS is non-combat, but once I get my certs and serve a few years I was thinking about re-classing and trying out for Ranger school I'm still roughly 200 days away from BCT. So I have some time before I can claim any experience first hand.

edit on 16-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
@ OP.. been looking on YT to find examples of Digtal camo vid, but it's all freaking nerf raider crap.. do you have any videos that we can get a good idea of camo in specific invorments?

I like what you've done thus far but, for each example you posted, I didn't see any vid's or pics, besides the one or two that were posted by other posters(kudos to ya), that gives us the idea of those camo items being used w/ those inviroments.

If I missed them, my bad, if so, please repost..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
hmmm.. this guy looks & sounds funny .. but...to me, regardless of his candid humor, seems legit~! Has anyone actually tried this if so ..

please confirm if it's a GO/NO GO ..

here's a better one..

edit on 16-6-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Endurance and will brother I couldn't run that well I'm big.Measure the horrors with victory.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

The first video is basically green screen projection.

The second is a heavily NIR treated combat uniform. It works by absorbing infrared light. Unfortunately the stuff they use does wear off over time.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Rhodesian camouflage? I was unaware they wore camouflage uniforms. Ill have to dig out my Osprey book and check out the color plates now

Are you sure you are not referring to the tiger stripe sort of pattern used by the Portuguese Army in Angola and Mozambique in the 1960s and 1970s?
edit on 19-6-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Funny you should say but Rhodesian cammo is also one of my favourites ,pretty hard to get hold of the realdeal nowadays .The russians have an excellent vertical tigerstripe as well.As mentioned before ,
ACU = I see you , or Silver Surfers,

edit on 20-6-2011 by gambon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join