It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Missionaries be allowed on Space/Time travels?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
ok besides the Lama guy then the next best person(s) would be a child, preferably one that has not been indoctrinated in the ways of WRONG THINGS. Oprah is a bad example as she surrounds herself with crooks and frauds and is too over bearing.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
missionaries have don more harm than good.
maybe be they did.
and all the wars are from them?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
people should not go into another mans house and tell him how to run his house.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantien

Well, isn't that what we expect the aliens to do here?
Or maybe they already have?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I wonder: if space and time are connected then they shouldn't go on either mission?
What if we travel back in time, but it doesn't effect our future?
So we can blast Pat Robertson back in time, but it will only effect himself and the people he meets.
Maybe we should make that mandatory for theology students and TV evangelists.
Lets blast Benny Hinn back to the European plague, and see how long he makes it, and how many people he heals.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not only no... Hell no... Christianity has bolloxed up the world enough already.. Hopefully humans will have outlived such primitive thinking by the time they achieve interstellar travel or time travel... Missionaries do more harm than good in places they go to...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think they should send me, as being the greatest person who ever lived ( never mind the fact I haven't done anything to prove this, you should just believe me ).

Which takes us to religion.....

It really depends on who we would be meeting and greeting. I mean if they are backward folk, then yes a really good joke to play would be to introduce religion into their lives, to watch the ensuing chaos. But if they are smarter than us it will only end up making us look stupid.

Other being......" And you believe these silly stories as fact ? "

Us...... Yup.

Other being ....... " without question or need for proof"

Us.........Yup.

Other being..... " so let me get this right, you managed to contact us in the first place, through science and technology and reasoning, not "faith" But you now want us to do the opposite and "just believe" in something else"

Us....." Ah yea"

Other being " You're an idiot.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
No, the poison of religion should be left on this planet as it has done enough damage already. We all know how missionaries like to treat indigenous people.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

But, is it ALL poison?

How many atheistic humanitarian organizations can anybody name as a vox pop?

So we'd have to explain that we left some of the most dedicated humanitarians behind, simply because they were motivated by religion?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

You are talking about missionaries, not a noah's ark of humankind.

Religion and its missionaries should be left behind on interdimensional or interplanetary exploration.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

So missionaries shouldn't come along while exploring.
They should only come when we leave earth and colonize?

Not sure I agree.
I'd rather like their first opinion, and if it's politically incorrect, we can still leave them behind in case of a Noah's Ark mission.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Perhaps it would be prudent to propose that any missionaries should come from the single/celibate variety.
No wife and kids for the Pastor would save costs.
And knowing the strong family values of Evangelicals, they wouldn't venture anywhere without them.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
we need an unmanned probe or robot.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
There is only one correct answer to this, and it can only be given if you understand the true purpose of these missionaries.

Abso-effing-lutely NOT. Never.

Send those with no ego complexes, with no ties to organized crime...I mean religion. You know, sensible people that won't do everything for money.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hmmmmm,I'm skeptical about sending Oprah into space.I mean if something happened & she couldn't make it back(as great as it would be for our future viewing pleasure ((bar the endless reruns)) ) you've gotta consider future space missions.I mean isn't there enough fricken huge black holes up/out there already??

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i believe space missionaries would be ' pointless' .
since the fall of human nature with sin , we are quarantined from the rest of the universe until a later date when the cleansing & separation will take place

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by paulmoza

Does that mean we are only quarantined at present?
Is this why "disclosure" cannot take place?
Does mental/spiritual quarantine also translate to physical containment?
Are they related or the same?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
How about sending a clone into space. I think clones don't have the spiritual baggage that we have.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
just had thought and it needs to be said...............

" hollowed are the ori" ! !

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1   >>

join