It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time for action is NOW!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Trublbrwing

If you think that higher education is a gift that is supposed to be given then you, my friend, have more wrong with you than just a misplaced sense of responsibility.

Education is not a gift. It is not an entitlement. It is to be earned. You managed your A and O levels? Was THAT given to you? Why should a degree be granted to you for no other reason than your existence?
edit on 28-12-2010 by beezzer because: keyboard

Read the first portion of my post again, I said "affordable" not gift, not entitlement. In addition I have no idea where you came up with the degrees for existing nonsense, clearly your analytical reading skills are deficient.
In your imperfect world the poor shovel coal to "earn their keep" and their education, what about the children of the wealthy? The son or daughter of a billionaire will more than likely never work at McDonalds while attending college, they will also, more than likely, attend an ivy league school.
The poor student works and attends school, the wealthy student does not. The poor student has less time to study and attends community college. In the end the wealthy student graduates from Yale or Harvard, is recruited by an alumni or friend of the family and earns a lot of money, his children will go to Yale or Harvard and they will not work to support themselves, they have EARNED nothing. What part of that scenario do you not understand?
This next part is important, please pay attention........
The current system perpetuates the cycle of inequity, the wealthy rule while the poor toil. Does it not strike you as odd that they would triple tuition rates during an economic crisis? History proves the educated masses are less tolerant of oppression, why do you think slaves and women in some ethnic groups are not taught to read? They are tightening the screws while the poor tighten their belts. You have been duped into supporting this agenda, you are a tool of the oppressors.

<< 1   >>

join