It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time for action is NOW!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I can't sleep anymore.
Watching brave kids in Brittain being attacked and arrested for demanding an affordable education is making me sick to my stomach.
I can't eat anymore.
Every day it gets worse, more corruption, more inequity, more dirt piled high that will never wash off. Do you feel it too? How many people hope for armageddon and end times these days? How many just want the ride to stop?
In an effort to build a better society we have given power to the wrong people, we thought those with a better education, better bone structure and better vocabulary would do the right thing, we were wrong. We stand at the threshold, toes over the edge peering into the abyss, it is time for a leap of faith.
Some thoughts to ponder as we weigh our options....
1. The number of protesters in London was far greater than the number of oppressors, the balance of power shifted with weapons and tactics. Lightly armed forces wearing hockey pads and riding horses overpowered the masses, one side committed to change, the other committed to victory. Weapons need not be lethal to be effective, sonic weapons will cause a fight or flight animal to flee, laser pointers can temporarily blind a man.
2. When the first drop of blood is spilled the nature of the conflict must change. It is no longer a protest, it is a skirmish. History has shown that almost all public protests end in a show of force and eventual contact with armed policemen, when a club hits a skull you must reciprocate. One thousand protestors armed with clubs can repel one hundred policemen armed with clubs, even if they are wearing hockey pads.
3. The police and armed forces belong to the people not the politicians, if either force engages in the oppression of the masses that force must be shunned. Let them sleep in the governors mansion, not in your neighborhood.
To serve and protect has become an empty promise, it is time to renew the vow.
On the subject of politics it is time to review term limits. When office is used for personal gain or profit the term is over. The first politician dragged down the steps of the capital will serve as a warning to all, there is no profit in this business. No politician should be better off than his country's poorest citizen, this is the stuff public service is made of.
Let the youth rise up and claim their inheritence, this nation, in fact all nations, built upon the sweat and blood of their ancestors is their birthright. When they gather it is for the greater good, let no one oppress them.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Personally, I worked my way through college. There is NO free lunch. Sorry, but I don't feel your pain here. What I saw was people angry at having to work more, work harder to get what they want. No more freebies. You want it?

Earn it.

Just my two pence mate, but you aren't getting sympathy here.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Seriously .. get a freaking job and pay for your schooling and stop whining about how someone else wont pay for it. I drove a delivery truck and served in the Navy to pay my way through.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

They will sleep well at night, Protected by the very money which we have Generously given them (Though many cant afford it). Yet turn a blind eye when We the people have Figured out that the Way they RULE us is far from perfect.
Untill recently i have happilly Paid my taxes and i continue to pay of the debt i have with them, Till now i have thought that they were working for our best interest.
But the protests the Other day made me angry, Furious infact, The mere way that they put students against Police officers, Poeple against Poeple, To protect their Salaries whilst they Discussed a new way of Releiving us of our hard earned money Over a cup of coffee.
Im a good person and shouldnt be Treated like a Number by A Bullying Government.

If the government cant do its job then they might as well Get a brush and start clearing the streets up

Good post OP, I know what you mean S&F

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Personally, I worked my way through college. There is NO free lunch. Sorry, but I don't feel your pain here. What I saw was people angry at having to work more, work harder to get what they want. No more freebies. You want it?

Earn it.

How about pay cuts for politicians, taxing the monarchy or reduction in military spending as a way to fund the education of these kids? Which has the better return on investment, lunch at the palace or educating the youth.
The fact that you walked eight miles a day uphill to school does not seem to have made you a better person, just a bitter one.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

The post isnt purely about Student Loans.

To be honest i dont see how you can sit there and be on the Side of Such A Bullying Oppressive Goverment, I see what you mean About paying your Way though.
Some poeple treat the system Badly.
I didnt

But then again i Cant just sit back and have my life controlled In a bad way, By people who are under the Dellusion that they are serving my best interests

edit on 28/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Earn it.

You know I used to think like this. That everyone should WORK super hard to EARN a decent life. However I'm starting to see/think that is not necessarily a very progressive approach.

I don't think people should have a decent life handed to them on a silver platter with absolutely no initiative but there is something fundamentally wrong with expecting our future generations to work as hard if not harder than we did to obtain a decent life.

Education should be one thing that IS handed out on a silver platter. I am sorry but to charge and require "hard" unrelated work to pay for an education defeats the purpose of a "better tomorrow" and is a a conflict of interest with those of us who "I worked my ass off to get where I am" truly want in the future.

The people you deny a higher level education today will still be running things in the future, wouldn't you want them to be educated? They will be in charge of your health care, when you are so far gone with dementia you can't even remember when you walked 26 miles up hill through snow to get to school. Why wouldn't you want them educated? This is the fundamental problem with "elitism" it is a severe conflict of interest with any type of progression.

If you give out free education those who work hard will still prosper over those who don't...

Of all things Education should not be profitable and reserved for those who can afford it...

education shouldn't be a privileged, it should be a right and until this is accepted as a norm the future isn't as bright as it could be.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry my friend I have to disagree. the time to act was a minimum of eight years back. They have us by the balls now. Now is the time to turn the other cheek or be liquidated. Which is exactly why you are being taunted.
Be careful.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Seriously .. get a freaking job and pay for your schooling and stop whining about how someone else wont pay for it. I drove a delivery truck and served in the Navy to pay my way through.

The education was paid for by their parents and their parents before them. The problem is that some truck driving sailor voted for people who spent it on smart bombs.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
im with you dude!!! society is so corrupt!! they've brain washed a lot of people like the first two commenters on your post. they dont realize whats going to happen if we dont stop what governments are planning for the new world order.. i mean seriously its so #ing obvious its like almost a slap in the face practically!!!!! and yet people sit in their chairs like lazy fat asses being ignorant as # and thinking everything is going to be ok or everything will get better but no its not!! the government is just going to keep getting its way if we still have this many people oblivious to whats really going on! I SAY SPREAD THE WORD!!! tell people what most atsers know and help them open their eyes!!! that or give them a good smack up side the head

peace, love unity respect!!!!!! P.L.U.R.!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
In the new system only 40% of the students will EVER pay back their education. If you don't get yourself a decent job, because you were stupid enough to major in art history, you won't pay it back at all. You want the state to pay for your education? then the state gets to choose what you study. This underwater basket weaving with honours nonsense has got to stop.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I'm sorry my friend I have to disagree. the time to act was a minimum of eight years back. They have us by the balls now. Now is the time to turn the other cheek or be liquidated. Which is exactly why you are being taunted.
Be careful.

You sir are a coward and a tool of the oppressors.
Confine such thoughts to your strawberry shortcake diary, they are not welcome here.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Cry me a river.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Education, higher education should be something that is earned. Not given. What kind of leaders would we be developing if everything was just handed to them? I'm not being harsh, bitter or mean. Just realistic. Nothing is valued if it isn't earned.
At least in my life it's been that way.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
In the new system only 40% of the students will EVER pay back their education. If you don't get yourself a decent job, because you were stupid enough to major in art history, you won't pay it back at all. You want the state to pay for your education? then the state gets to choose what you study. This underwater basket weaving with honours nonsense has got to stop.

I'm sure there were very few people who thought computer programming was a worthwile investment thirty years ago, these were the underwater basket weavers of their time who helped change the world. If you are looking at this as a return on investment issue rather than a quality of life/ investment in the future issue you are far too short sighted to see the big picture. The goal is not to recoup dollars spent, if it were you would be able to sell your text book without losing money, right?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I see where you`re coming from. The one`s who we`ve given power to have taken us in the wrong direction.
We stopped standing up for ourselves and now they make every decision for us and we dont question it.
Have we let our kids down for their future ?
Maybe this kid has the right idea.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Education, higher education should be something that is earned. Not given. What kind of leaders would we be developing if everything was just handed to them? I'm not being harsh, bitter or mean. Just realistic. Nothing is valued if it isn't earned.

Should we have first graders sweep the streets on their way to school then?
I find your statement about nothing being valued that isn't earned particularily troubling at this time of year. My grandmother never made me earn the mittens she knitted for me each christmas but I can think of nothing I valued more.
Your thought process is flawed, change it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Not giving sympathy ?!

Working Hard to pay for "Good Old Government Bull#"

You Sheeps make me laugh and cry so many times these last 20 years

HAHA **

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If you think that higher education is a gift that is supposed to be given then you, my friend, have more wrong with you than just a misplaced sense of responsibility.

Education is not a gift. It is not an entitlement. It is to be earned. You managed your A and O levels? Was THAT given to you? Why should a degree be granted to you for no other reason than your existence?
edit on 28-12-2010 by beezzer because: keyboard

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Should we have first graders sweep the streets on their way to school then?
I find your statement about nothing being valued that isn't earned particularily troubling at this time of year. My grandmother never made me earn the mittens she knitted for me each christmas but I can think of nothing I valued more.
Your thought process is flawed, change it.

These arent first graders ... they are freaking adults. Time for them to start acting like it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join