It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Litigation Conspiracy (Personal Injury on Christmas Eve)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Let me get this straight...You saw a wet floor with wet floor signs posted, so you then walked across the slippery wet floor knowing that you already have a fragile knee from an injury several years ago. While in the act of doing this, you slipped and fell and are now trying to sue Walmart due to you anti-Walmart beliefs by looking for anti-Walmart websites.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
One, I hope you feel better soon, Antar.

Two, she is NOT part of ANY problem.

Three, I hope you sue and win, they deserve it for not providing a safe place to shop.

And four, this is absolutely NOT your fault in anyway, ignore those who are trying say it is.

I will always side with the customer in this situation, WalMart makes enough profit off the backs of their underpaid employees and shady buying practices to afford to make certain people are not INJURED shopping at their store (often times the only store in town die to their predatory corporate practices of running out mom and pop stores who might actually CARE if their patrons have a safe place to shop.)

If she is injured and does not sue, then I might say she is part of the problem, but it is her duty to sue and make them pay, because the situation should never been in the first place.

Good luck, Antar.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ive got bad sciatica too so I know what bad pain is. Your right to turn down the PKs they would think your a seeker.But really you should off asked them for a wheel chair before you got to that spot.
Now I want to let you know something..I havent slept for ,3 hours in a row for over 10 years. I would love to sleep for 8 hours in a row.You get used to it.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle12345

So true....if there would have been. A mat there and antar tripped over that and fell......here comes another law suit. Jesus try getting shot three times, 15 posts later your still crying about pain.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Since you were in the best shape of your life when you got shot, try and put many years into the future on your empathetic mind and have negligence regardless of how careful you were injure you. You may think differently.

If I may ask where on your body did you get shot? And how are those areas now? Do you think that arthritis may be a problem for you in the future because of the injuries?

I am no tough guy, and yet no stranger to pain. This however was an unexpected down turn for my pre-existing condition that could have been avoided had walmart taken better precaution to insure the safety of their customers that night.

I do not want something for nothing, but they will most probably offer to pay the Dr bill and anti-inflammatory med cost. Fair enough dont you agree? When you were shot it probably did not cost you out of pocket expense right? But if it had you may have had an issue.

Hope you are well long into your old age and stay fit and healthy.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle12345

If I were to sue them I would be well within my AMERICAN right to do so. They were responsible and if I wanted could do it based on the camera footage alone. You might actually read the thread before you jump on me with your negative and uninformed rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You are out of your mind.... Yes she IS!!!! this country is sue happy.. If you are not able to walk on any surface that you are faced with, STAY HOME!!!!

The signs are going to be the key.. The warning was there... This is like suing McDonalds because you didn't know that 5 big mac's at once would make you fat and unhealthy...

Is she blind? Look into the law on accumulation .. You will be wasting any money you spend on an attorney...

If they settle, it will be, because the court costs would be higher... In turn .. this is part of the reason that prices go up. Frivolous lawsuits!!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

A truck driver who slipped and fell on grease and ice while making a delivery to a Walmart in Colorado has been awarded $15 million in a premises liability lawsuit.

Mind you I am asking for my my pain meds and Dr visit.

www.aboutlawsuits.com...
www.wal-martlitigation.com...
www.wal-martlitigation.com...
www.reuters.com...
www.settlementcentral.com...

For all the searches I have done on this I realize that it would be quite easy to go ahead and sue them, it would not be too difficult and really something the attorney I would hire would handle once I made the claim, I could sit back and wait. I am still in considerable pain and am trying my best to be well even though I AM HURT.

I came here for some real answers to my problem, and to get advice from others who have experienced the same or that could help me in my decision making process of whether or not to litigate.

I have received some solid advice but it is posts like these that made me stop short of bringing forth evidence and interesting facts both for and against doing such a thing. It is a drag when adults want to discuss an important matter and kids just keep popping in disturbing the conversation. That is what the derailing has felt like to me.

I have been on the forum as much as I can, but with the pain, it has been no where near as much as I want or enjoy. This thread was important to me. And even though I understand how law suits have been out of control, I also know that I live in the shadows of alot of insanity which underscores many things in my life.

I really wish the disruptors would stop and respect me, I don't go out looking to hurt others who come here for advice or friendship at difficult times in their lives, I cant imagine it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I was an asset protection coordinator for Walmart for some time. We oversaw the theft and safety programs of the company. We would do thorough investigations of all slip/fall claims because of the huge amount of fraudulent ones we would get, so maybe I can give you some insight.

I do want to say though that we would go out of our way to take care of those customers that we were liable for. In no way did I ever try to screw over someone when we were at fault. But you have to understand that with any big company people see dollar signs. It's the old "well they've got enough money so they should pay me" thing regardless of the circumstances. That's why the company is going to keep pushing back if they feel they weren't at fault.

First off all accident files are first sent to CMI, a third party claims management company. Here are the things that are going to hurt you:

1. Video footage. It'll show that the wet floor signs were in place. Now the store should have mats in the vestibule area too. Did they?

2. You didn't make a report at the time of the incident in the location that it occured.

3. You continued shopping.

4. There was inclement weather outside that the store could not control, obviously.

Now I'm sure you didn't, as most other people wouldn't either, be able to know what exactly to do after an accident to help your case later on.

I can say that 90 percent of all slip and falls in the stores were overweight people (most of the time in flip flops). That's going to make a big difference as well. If the footages shows dozens of other customers walking in with no problems then you, an overweight person (with previous health issues?) comes in and falls, it won't help you either. I don't mean to rag on overweight people but that's the reality of the cases I saw. They have more problems staying on their feet.

Now you say you want Walmart to be held responsible for not keeping their customers safe but when there's inclement weather outside it's obviously harder for 100 or so employees at any given time to follow hundreds of customers around with a dry mop to make sure they don't fall and a court is going to take that into consideration. The weather is a big factor here.

It's not as if it was a bone dry day and there was a big random spill there that had been there for hours and no employees bothered to mop it up.

I understand you being upset but I just wanted you shed some light the whole process of how this is gonna work. It might be more trouble than it's worth for you to be honest, but if you wanna sue on principalities then that's your right as an American; to sue when you don't agree with something. God bless this country.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I would like to see walmart be found responsible for their inability to keep customers safe. I did look online for about an hour last night to check out all the blogs and websites devoted to litigation against walmart, so I see that the same wording is used in personal blogs as in sites that advocate suits against walmart which are actually walmart sites!!!

Some day maybe you will take responsibility for your own safety and you should probably be honest with yourself and your attorney about when you started researching litigation against walmart. Would hate to see them counter sue for attorney's fees after their lawyers find your postings here and subpoena your ISP for your browsing habits.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I live out in the country.

Not so long ago, I had a car pull up in my driveway and a huge woman was struggling to get herself out of the car. I was outside and walked over to see why she was on my property.

She was one of those people who was determined to save my soul but was having difficulty getting out of her car. I let her know that I appreciated her efforts but already had my religious beliefs. That countless others from her religion had already come by my house and that she was not welcome on my property. I also refused her handouts.

I stood very close to her as she continued to try to extricate herself from her car. I told her again that she was not welcome on my property and asked her to leave.She continued to try to get out of her car.

Then I informed her that I was calling the police and would press charges for trespassing if she didn't leave my property immediately. She stopped struggling and asked me why I would do that?

My response was that I hadn't asked her to come to my property. I didn't want someone's opinion on their religion.
My real problem was that I thought she would fall on my property and sue me.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar... I was helping a buddy when i was younger... We were pouring concrete. The driver didn't see me on the other side of a mound of dirt.. He got a running start to get his chutes in the structure further...

His chutes hit me at about 15 mph.. Threw me 20 feet rolling across rolled wire.. Cut me to hell.. Broke my collar bone.. I was in pain for a couple years....

Could I have called his company, got him fired, and sued their pants off?? Of course I could.. BUT.. I didn't.. Why? I should have been paying attention. I knew the enviroment I was in..

And.......because 90% of our current problems with medical costs are due to sue happy people, and I had too much self respect to do that.

Walmart had signs up! You left the house knowing the weather was bad.. I don't care what the law states.. You should NOT be able to sue them.. If you can't walk on a surface... Then you have no business being there..

It is not as if they had marbles all over the floor.. They had an accumulation .... Google "businesses slip and fall and accumulation" You will find... Walmart's lawyers are going to end up making YOU pay their legal costs..
edit on 1/5/2011 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Edit post

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

When I have time I would love to meet in the Debate Forum over this subject. Until that time, please read the thread before you post.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sorry you were hurt.

I did a couple of papers on WalMart a few years ago while I was in College. At that time, WalMart had never lost a personal liability case, nor had they EVER settled with a plaintif. You dont have the kind of money that it would take to even have a chance of winning; in fact, you wont even be able to find a lawyer who would be willing to take the case without being paid up-front...and that's probably not the kind of lawyer who would have a chance of winning.

Again, sorry for your pain. God bless!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

Thankyou, and it would behoove you to actually read my posts. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

To them, it probably seemed a bit fishy that you were okay at first, and THEN decided to make the report.

Always make the report directly after the incident, and ask to view the security camera video of your entrance.

However, I used to work at Walmart, and I believe that if you only slipped, and did not fall, there is no real way to prove that that is how your condition came to be so severe.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

HI - I thought I would jump in at this point to inquire more about your situation with Wallyworld. I searched and found your thread but I just can't continue to read the blantant crassness that so many deem themselves authority to deliver.

I hope this situation is old news for you as of late! As well as the pain. I have also learned that most harsher comments usually come from people who have yet experienced pain that was/is litterally debilitating that throws you out of your control. In assuming you have come through the other side I am wondering if you could offer some foresight for my experience. Of course without having to dredge through the entire thread. To me there is so much to learn and delve into I lose patience with their interuptions that really don't bring appropriate commentary to specific threads and forums.

Thanks for bringing this topic here. Found it on the second query. With that said I will get to my event in hopes you could offer any form of existentialism, hopefully foresight.
if that is the correct order regarding the in or hind!
I will try to keep it short; but would like to preface in detail to see if you know what red flags to recognize

I slipped on Oct. 30, my feet lept out from under me trying to salvage a costume because they were all in pieces and on the floor. I am going to approach lawyers after getting my MRIs report from Saturday. Since my initial phone call where they needed a recorded statement. I chose not to speak until I could get a copy of the doc I signed, new MRIs that will hopefully show why I am having more increased levels of pain. I have degenerative disease, bi-level fusion of my neck and fibromyalgia. Needless to say when I fell I felt more damage.

The form reflected the incident as best as I could. When I came down my head hit tIhe buggy I think 3 times and then then the floor and my hip hit the buggy as well. As I was landing, I tried to break my continuing fall because of my neck and low back areas. The only thing that helped was to add soreness to my arms plus my sacrum and hips. Feeling quite stunned I just kind of layed their not sure what to do. One of those undercover shoppers theft control guys just stared me down. I think they thought I was in the midst of neferious deeds. Realizing it was the real deal he spoke into a concealed mike and 4 personnel arrived - one that just looked at me like how can you fall when the floor is covered.

As the manager arrived they assisted me up to lean on the buggy. Asked what happened, then the manager glarred at one of the employees to clean the isle up as an assistant manager asked should she get pictures before she came back. He shook his head no and assumed I wasn't clued in. Austounded at his action I then requested for a couple of ice packs and a chair because I was very dizzy, pounding pains through my entire spine. They asked if they needed to send for an ambulance, I was unsure. They ended up pushing me to the front while I sat on ice packs. I could leave because we only had 1 vehicle and no one in our area to assist for the very moment.

With out going in MORE depth of my incident I thought this may be enough to hopefully compare to your incident and what to expect. I am not sure how long the videos are active; that is one of my biggest fears because I have a feeling they would have erased them due to the managers desire not to take pictures. I guess he felt he vendicated me buy allowing me to pay $5 for a princess ferry type design that I was trying to put together. I really hope since I allowed that this is setting them free and clear!!!

PLEASE respond to just read the rest of the thread if it gives me a snapshot of what to expect. I am on my back, unable to work and live a life my toddler needs.

Again - I hope your experience ended up to be a good one. I was very wary to read on honestly.

Thanks in advance for at least having a thread for me to give a trial monologue for my eventual recording.

Cheers to a Healthy Happy New Year-
Sandy
(forgive my typos....in pain)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

OK I am here for you both in this thread and if you chose by the private messaging system the U2U.

One thing to point out if you are unfamiliar is that if you click on my avatar on the left or under it, you will see a screen roll down where you can opt to look at only my posts in this thread. This helps you avoid all the negative posts.

First of all let me tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you. One good thing is that it did happen at walmart and regardless of all the negative press they get I found that they really did do everything possible to help me after my fall, you cannot say that for all big chain stores.

I would not worry about the things you cannot control such as the attitude by the store at the time of your accident, let that go.

You can count on the fact that your fall was captured on camera and is already being looked at by their security and insurance representatives.

These representatives from my experience are there to help you and to get you the appropriate health and financial aid if it is needed.

What you can expect:

Continue with your follow up care, take all prescribed medicines and for no reason miss any appointments.

You will receive a call from walmart insurance company where they will set up an appointment for an over the phone conference and will ask you just the facts about the accident. They should let you know if you have a case at this point.

At this point you will decide to either continue on or to stop the action.

########################

I found the insurance man VERY nice, and when I dropped my case he let me know that I did have a case and that I would have up to 5 years if any future problems arose from the accident and that they were here for me in any capacity I needed.

Now there are limits on what kind of settlement you can get from a bonafied slip and fall at walmart, so look into that if you chose but avoid the propaganda sites that only scare you away from going forward with your case.

Above all else, take good care of yourself, and know that this kind of thing has no quick solution and would not help you for many months or even years from now financially. They will however help you with prescription meds and even Doctors care until the case settles.

Good luck and hang in there, many people have been in your position and are on your side whether you know it or not.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

Yeah it was all on camera, we live in a very small community and the video told the truth. It all worked out and I am ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join