Walmart Litigation Conspiracy (Personal Injury on Christmas Eve)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

The same type of moron that complains when prices go UP AT WAL-MART.
The prices go up because of stupid people being careless and suing because *they can*!!!
While most folks who don't have a problem walking carefully
have to suffer higher prices because of these dimwits

Your own health insurance will take care of it....

You don't have your own health insurance??

Epic fail on your part!
edit on 28-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Oh and I did verify it was on camera at the entrance, she said yes. I am good with that if I do decide to pursue litigation.

Hey, don't I have any friends new or old here that have something scholarly to add?

With such a wide group of members seems someone has had an incident at walmart.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Yes I have medicaid. It covers anything but when they get this bill they will want to make an inquiry into whether or not they can get out of paying it. Well actually I had to scrape together the money for the prescription the DR gave me for inflammation and pain. My 12 yr old actually dipped into his penny bank to help me, like I say I am a blessed person in so many ways and this was just not on my agenda for the Holidays...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thats life right?

*Stuff happens*

Now your kid dips into a piggy bank and your dog had to lend you a hand to see..

This story just keeps getting more *oh pity me, oh pity me* by the post...

Very sad...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

By nature, The Gray Area tends to involve unproven claims and anecdotal testimony that may arouse skepticism in some members.

As always, skepticism is fine, but only when expressed in accordance with the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

In particular, Courtesy Is Mandatory. Insults, ridicule, harassment, abuse and similar behavior constitute a direct attack on what this forum is intended for, and will be treated accordingly.

Members unable to politely discuss unusual, unproven or unorthodox subjects should avoid this forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have a 'feeling' you are actually a pretty descent person so I have tolerated your... behavior, but don't mess with my kids because there you will discover just how I have survived this many years here. There are lines even the nastiest people don't cross. This is not about my family, it is about walmart and their negligence and possible conspiracy to keep their minons in business.
edit on 28-12-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes I have medicaid. It covers anything but when they get this bill they will want to make an inquiry into whether or not they can get out of paying it. Well actually I had to scrape together the money for the prescription the DR gave me for inflammation and pain. My 12 yr old actually dipped into his penny bank to help me, like I say I am a blessed person in so many ways and this was just not on my agenda for the Holidays...

I'm not the one who brought the kids into this *whole money making scam*.

Mentioning the kids to get pity, I didn't bring them into this.

Maybe someone thought they were going to get everyone to feel sorry for them..

I'm not for sure, just giving my opinion as what was asked from in the op..

Don't want the kids in this don't mention the kids.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

My honest .02 cents worth?

Wal Mart may or may not be liable for your medical bills in this issue. I am not a lawyer but have worked in retail management for several big box retail chains ( Including the big blue Satan known as Wal Mart ) and my experience tells me that these chains tend to cover medical bills for slip and fall cases without much hassle - as long as you are willing to sign paperwork saying that you won't sue for pain and suffering, lost wages, etc.

Once anything more than medical bills gets involved... Well then it's you and your attorney VS an entire high dollar legal department. You aren't necessarily guaranteed a loss against such a behemoth. But you are likely to lose - or to just be forced into submission by a long, drawn out legal fight.

I've personally dealt with dozens of such cases, from a store manager POV and the usual course of action is to pay the medicals bills of slip and fall cases. In fact the few hundred dollars that these bills usually add up to are less expenditure than having your legal department look into it to explore options.

If you don't try to game them for a bunch of excessive losses, chances are they'll cover your injury based medical costs.

edit on 12/28/10 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Been here too long to hold back the truth when I am asking for opinions and advice. Funny you are the only one coming back, there must be something you have to share with me that would benefit me in some way. I think you do feel for this situation, and who knows perhaps even empathize a bit huh?

I have to move a bit this sitting is hurting me... Have to stand for a bit and sit for a bit then lay for a bit even though I am too hyper for that, lol. This could have been avoided if the cheaptards had put carpet down and not forced me to wade through ice to enter their establishment.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

interesting... uh, prices dont, and dont think can go up for insurance payments.. that mean when I pay higher insurance rate, I can demand a higher pay grade, which is not true, at all.. prices go up because they know the people are locked in purchasing their items at walmart, and they can take advantage of that. they'll look at profits and see which items have been purchased the most, or purchased enough so that if theg raise the price a percentage, they'll gain significant profits.. its all about profits, not saving money on insurance.. I believe walmart to be a horrible entity.. I never shop there because me purchasing my items else where does more for my community than saving a dollar..

fascism would work best under the guise of corporitism

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hey maybe i'm wrong, maybe you are...

I'm not here to demean you or the thread..

Just as I see it now that is how I view it.

Maybe in 20 years i'll see it a different way or think differently, but right now
i'm just telling you how I think..

Carry on

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I hope you are right, and to tell the truth they will be facing mo. medicaid for payment of medical costs. What I want to see happen is that they no longer place people in harms way by leaving that lake of ice between the two rubberized mats, do you suppose they would do that if I tell them I will not sue them? I doubt it, because wally gets sued everyday several times a day and that is what I suspect is the real story, racket here.

I do appreciate your help and advice you are probably right on in most of what you know.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

fascism would work best under the guise of corporitism

Now the true colors are showing..

Now talking Fascism? Spelling corporatism correctly might be a good start to push that junk.

I will never allow the fascist way of destroying the republic I love America..

Now I can see where your whole post came from in answer to the OP.

Wouldn't mind forcibly suppressing my opposition and criticism?

NEVER !!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

On this note...

Wal Mart, for better or for worse as they may be, does have the most stringent and comprehensive "spill / slip risk" policy of any retail chain I have ever worked for. They are absolute sticklers for customer safety from slips and falls.

For example if an employee finds anything spilled anywhere in the store they are NOT allowed to move. They literally have to block people from crossing the spill area with their own bodies! The employee must stand, in place, until other employees happen along and clean up the spill around the "human warning sign".

Entryways, especially during bad weather, are nearly impossible to keep totally dry. And, to be blunt, no matter how many procedures are put into place to try and minimize entryway issues - it is ultimately the customers who screw it up - by refusing to slow down long enough to be safe. In fact I have seen customers, in a Wal Mart, during a torrential rain storm, actually kick the skid proof carpeting out of the way because it would have forced them to take an extra moment to pull a shopping cart out of the cue. And not just one customer... but over and over again.

It's kind of indicative of America, as a whole, these days... We want somebody else to be responsible for us and our well being - but we absolutely revolt and rebel against any inconvenience that such steps might impose upon us.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I just received a call from wally insurance adjuster and he was very very nice. Bottom line he asked what I want from them. I told him that first the issue of safety for others who would not have faired as well, ie the safety carpet to cover the entire entrance and not lure you into the middle area which was the problem.

Second, I told him that I have medicaid to cover the Drs appointments but that they may ask me to supply them with an indecent report and pursue wally independent of me. I did tell him that the medication I was given was not covered by medicaid.

I did let him know that I am not out to sue but want to see the proper safety measures implemented for everyone in my communities safety and any medical costs not covered by medicare taken care of.

I have a deposition next tuesday at 10am. It will only take about ten minutes and they will be looking over the video camera footage to back my claim of a fall, I repeated "you mean slip... had I fallen it may not have jarred my preexisting condition as it did..." He couldnt have been nicer. we will see.

Now I am going to call the 800 number he gave me to request that the safety carpets be laid from the entrance of the first to the second door. What more can I do? I have been injured but maybe this will save someone else s life in the future! Perhaps this is the hand of God reminding me to be more careful and at the same time stopping something much worse for someone else down the line? I believe in these funny little coincidences as paths and choices which create realities and foster opportunities in peoples lives that will never know...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I have nothing against you, or ill towards you.. Just know how corporations do business. I wish you the best

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Have no fear, in two years a state doctor will see you and get you all fixed up.

Lawsuits will soon be a thing of the past when national healthcare takes hold.

Only be prepared for a mountain of paperwork and an army of bureaucratic redtape. (Kind of like right now)

Of course, citizens who embrace the national ID, with RFID chip for tracking your movements (For your safety) and storing medical records, will receive preferential treatment for injuries sustained within the homeland, which will soon strech from Panama to the Arctic circle.
edit on 28-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Ah thanks, it is a difficult time but I am doing good and the family has helped me keep my sense of humor, the anti inflammatory drugs are helping me to be able to stay moving and stretch the muscles in the leg. I will survive this I know and as they say k sera sera whatever will be will be.

The kids and I do really believe in life's little synchronicity's and perhaps if I had not been taken down, I may have fallen on my front ramp which is covered in ice and really broken my neck or something, you just never know but perhaps by taking the high road things will work out for us, I say us because this affects more than just me you know?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I've worked in a grocery store where we had several slip and falls and your actions after the incident are a lot more important than you let on. You did not request a report and attention immediately. Big mistake. You slip and fall you stay down until management arrives. That way the immediate area can be scrutinized by them, and you can point out things that happened to make you slip. It is too easy to for people to make claims for things they did not really do, and as has been pointed out be previous posters, we are in a litigious nation.
In one store we had two different accidents with two different outcomes. The first, someone in very high-heeled boots said she has slipped and fallen in the juice aisle. I went to the area after the report to check out the scene, and found a small wet spot with wet floor signs posted....and no tracks of anyone tracking through it. They took pictures and the report didn't end up covering any of the expenses. No proof, no money.
The second happened outside the store. We had two exits on the end of a large _ Outside, the window had a wide curb, about 1/3 the size of a sidewalk that was not kept shoveled, salted or scraped. An older customer took two steps across the area, slipped and hit his hip and thigh hard enough to break it. We called for an ambulance, called his family, took pictures and filled out the same reports. The company bent over backward to assure that all expenses were covered.
The difference? The witnessing and verification of event. Inside, no proof, no pay. Outside, on an area not really a walkway, proof and covered fully. By not "causing a scene", you have mucked up big time. Even with a video, it will show you slip, and get up and walk away. And continue into the store and shop for a while. Your reports looks like an afterthought.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your injury, bro. My knees are pretty messed up as well, but mostly from high level jiu jitsu competition, and I've had a few surgeries for tearing of meniscus.

In any case, I hate to say it, but the first mistake was going to Walmart. They are corporate conglomerates who treat their workers like slaves, and allow homeland security to police their property. Most of their goods are created in sweatshop conditions.... This on top of all that. Should be a reason to never go there again.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You're starting to get overly agressive, and it sounds like you're projecting.

I would tone it down, bro. I'm suprised your posted haven't gotten modded yet.

Originally posted by thecinic
reply to post by thewholepicture

The same type of moron that complains when prices go UP AT WAL-MART.
The prices go up because of stupid people being careless and suing because *they can*!!!
While most folks who don't have a problem walking carefully
have to suffer higher prices because of these dimwits

Your own health insurance will take care of it....

You don't have your own health insurance??

Epic fail on your part!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join