It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian-backed ship set to sail with Gaza aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Asian-backed ship set to sail with Gaza aid

newsinfo.inquirer.net

DAMASCUS -- An aid ship backed by Asian activists will soon set sail for the blockaded Gaza Strip from Syria, a spokesman for Palestinian groups based in Syria said on Monday.

The Sierra Leone-flagged Asia 1 is awaiting the green light from Egypt to sail to the Egyptian port of El-Arish from where its cargo is to be carried over land to Gaza, Khaled Abdel-Majid told AFP.

Several Asian charity organisations, mainly from India, were behind the initiative, and the boat would also carry a dozen activists from Asian countries, Abdel-Majid added.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jordantimes.com
www.alarabiya.net

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So, Israel has lifted its blockade; and now, instead of carrying about $1 million in Gaza aid from Turkey (as created problems), the activists are sailing from Syria to Egypt, and then carrying the aid by land to the Gaza Strip...pending approval from the Egyptians.

Is this truly a good-will international act, as I hope it is, or, are there other motivations?

It is interesting to note the countries represented in this fleet include: Iran, Japan, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

An act of good-will, or something more sinister?

Thoughts/ideas?

newsinfo.inquirer.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Stupid and simply stupid...oh wait..are we waiting for an international issue....obviously yes...Politicians have simply not learnt the lesson the easy way, should we chill for the next five years. I vote yes without any reservation.

But please, do not come crying or posting otherwise its far to amusing to say the least. D.G.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
To answer your question I will say if you think the region has reached the point where no one will be trying to kill, and destroy each other then I will say the aid being delivered is genuine. If you think the people of the region still want to kill and destroy each other then the aid being delivered will be more sinister, and smuggling is being done.
In my opinion only time will tell.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
this is a cold war tactic to send arms or most likely nuke stuff to our allies under the gun or radar.

america is all over india right now to counter chinese supremacy. the chinese know if their ships are fired upon, or citizens of theirs are fired upon they have leverage to do anything they want.

if israel fires on that aid ship they face the wrath of china.

in this day and age we get rare earth minerals sanctioned.

its feint feint attack. just like fencing

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Yep....good luck with that! LOL

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Yep....good luck with that! LOL

Well, I am a dumb blonde, but what do you mean?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

This Asian backed flotilla heading for Gaza.....I meant good luck with that (them) LOL

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by sonjah1

This Asian backed flotilla heading for Gaza.....I meant good luck with that (them) LOL

Maybe you should read the OP..
It's heading to Egypt, not Gaza..

Goods will be then carried by land..

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Good luck with that too. Egyptians should hand it over to the poor in Egypt, God only knows many of them are poorer than the Gazans.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Humanitarian shipments to Gaza have been attacked by Israel in the past under the cover of 'terrorist'. Hopefully Israel will think twice before taking on the Asians. Good luck indeed.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Something to note: No Date/Time Scheduled Yet....

But if the ship originates in Syria, why use the ship to go to Egypt (I guess past precedent)?

Why not just go through Lebanon (all via land), or dock in Lebanon, and bring it into Gaza that way?

It's almost just game-playing on both sides IMO.

You know Israel is going to get riled up with Syria involved, if their ally, Turkey, was the "culprit" before?

new topics

top topics

join