It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange eyewitness behaviour during UFO sightings- what do you think?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManInAsia

My questions are-

a) Do you think that the UFOs are basically causing short-term memory loss in witnesses to many of these events ?

edit on 28-12-2010 by ManInAsia because: update

edit on 28-12-2010 by ManInAsia because: update

YES! Happens all the time. Look up "screen memories."
Many witnesses report seeing a deer or an owl, then under hypnosis recall that it was a large-eyed ET.

Many reports indicate a sleeping spouse cannot be woken when an abductee is frantic for help.

Some researchers claim the phenomenon is "outside of time."
They can take someone for hours, but it seems to be only a fraction of a second of earth time per human perception.

edit on 10-7-2013 by UncleVinnys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I was out walking in my neighborhood a few years back when I saw a big metallic cigar shaped "craft" in the air. It was not as far up as an airplane, but not tree top low either. Could very well have been quite a big craft, its hard to say sometimes. It flew at a constant speed straight over our part of town. Not very fast at all and it was very visible. I saw it for at least 2-3 minutes.

It didn't look like any type of blimp. The thing is, it could very well have been some weather balloon or something I don't know about that is perfectly normal. And I think it probably was, but it sure wasn't normal to me. And it shouldn't have been to anyone else either. I have lived in this town my whole life and never ever seen anything like it before, so I shouldn't have been the only one to react on it. But I was. (we have airfields and military bases pretty close by, and PR blimps doesn't exist here either).

I followed it on foot for a while, and around me was maybe a dozen people walking, talking, doing what they normally do. Not one person reacts on the craft hanging over their heads.

So to really make people notice it, I walked while looking up, shading the sun from my eyes with my hand, saying out loud, "what is that thing?". Anyone would at that point normally look at me, then try to make out what I am trying to spot up in the air. But not one person reacted. Everyone was behaving like robots. It's not that they looked at the craft and ignored it, they never even bothered. Yet, it was such a strange sight. If your are living in a small town and see a Ferrari parked somewhere, someone is bound to stop and look at it for a while. But no.

And after that I often wonder how our human mind really works. Do we normally behave like that? Like if you would stick your face really close to an anthill and not one ant would bother.

I don't know, but the thing is that the strange thing wasn't the craft itself. It was the lack of reactions from people.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I would guess they have all along. almost like the film "They Live" where every one is "zapped" so they don't acknowledge their presence.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here's another interesting one about an up close sphere sighting.

ufologie.patrickgross.org...

For thirty years, the attitude which we had that day continued to haunt me. How is it that we set out again in direction of the vines as if nothing weird had just happened? Besides I do not have any more memory of comments or discussions between us about the phenomenon we had observed together (what I do remember, is that in the evening I went to bed not very reassured). And the true mystery which remains now, is foremost our behavior. There was really something intriguing there for reason and it only asked to be elucidated. One minute would have been enough to be sure of it, and this minute must have seemed like an terneity to all of us, which besides is prolonged today in a vague feeling of shame to me; shame to have been afraid of going there to see more closely and shamed for all of us who did not know to find in our collective the strength of character which was missing individually to us.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ManInAsia

b) Do you think that many people are scared or just ignore even obvious objects in the sky? Perhaps many people are not willing to accept things that are too far outside their comfort zone?

That. I've seen ghosts and a UFO. During one ghostly encounter I was so amazed at what I was looking at I asked a friend to look and her refused. Like UH UH, I'm not looking up there. He refused to look several times.

(imo as if he already had looked and didn't want to again. Out of fear or…?, I dunno.)

During a UFO encounter and after heated debates broke out amongst our little circle as to what it could have been.

Another group of people parked nearby up and left suddenly.

The argument I had with our group cost me a couple good friendships. In one case because I wouldn't stop talking about it when they wanted to forget it, in another I kept returning to the site for a few nights hoping to see it again, causing another long time friend to get mad and state, "It's never coming back". He was angry and we stopped seeing each other after that.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I suppose there are a lot of reasons why someone would act strange when confronted with a UFO sighting. Not getting into any theory of high tech mind/mood manipulation to make people just not want to look or remember, there's the obviously significant fact that for some of us it is very hard to come to terms with what you are seeing in the moment. I had two UFO encounters of very different types (one triangle, one wing [I only saw the wing, and while usually no one would ever consider a winged aircraft worthy of an 'unidentified' marker, there was a lot of unusual traits [small size, low flight, utter silence, level/non-dipping movement to make it no normal winged aircraft]), and my reaction wasn't exactly logical. Instead of trying to get other people out to see them or rush for a camera or something productive I mostly stared and tried to convince myself I wasn't seeing it. In the middle of the triangle sighting I actually went into a gas station and got myself a slushie! I then continued watching the thing as I sipped that slushie. It was by the highway, so I could have tried to wave someone down just to have another witness to the event, but what I was viewing was impossible to my mind, so I was more trying to process that it was real rather than get evidence of such.

I'm probably not alone in that. If you don't believe in UFOs and think they're just the crazy talk of crazy people (which sadly I was of the opinion of then) then seeing something you can't quite explain up there clashing against your entire world view is a shock that doesn't fire off the most practical responses. I think a lot of strange behavior by witnesses could easily be attributed to that. People have a hard time confronting what they don't believe in during one sudden event. Adjusting to something 'not real' being actually real takes longer than the length of a usual UFO sighting.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Another to add to the list!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Jenny Randles came up with a similar idea and calls it 'the oz factor'.
alienjigsaw.com...

She proposed that there is a zone of influence around the craft (of course an intelligence could easily.choose to isolate individuals as well).

Possibly this zone of influence is an area where time almost stands still or is slowed down immensely coMosred to outside the.zone. it could be a bit product of their propulsion systems may rely on negative energy, superconductivity, and a bunch of other fairly theoretical stuff (spit balling here).

Anyway the classic saucers seem to move by some kind of gravity field propulsion and not by any kind of fuddy duddy chemical propulsion . So the field could extend far past the object itself and actually manipulates the whole space (space time) around the object.

Jenny Randles quote....(she does sound very credulous though , if there were TWO witnesses who said they saw it and ONE who said he saw nothing it would help the case).

One of the things I get asked the most is to explain why I came up with the concept of the Oz Factor and what I think it means for the UFO phenomenon. If you do not recognize the term, do not worry. All will become clear. It started thirty years ago with one of the first cases that I followed up. In this, a factory worker on the night shift had a close encounter with a very strange object. It was one of those things that leave little room for doubt: a domed saucer-like object with windows that emitted an icy blue glow which tilted on its edge and hovered next to the old mill. The witness was adamant that this could only be a UFO, by which, of course, he meant an alien spaceship. And I was pretty hard pressed to disagree with that analysis. However, something else struck me most about this particular case, and it stayed in my mind.

There was a second security guard on duty at the factory that night. He was sufficiently close to the events that by all logic he could not have missed this remarkable sight. Yet, he saw nothing. The more I thought this through and assessed the area surrounding the factory the more puzzled I became. The case received a lot of publicity, and I expected dozens of witnesses to backup this man’s story, for I had no doubt that he was telling the truth. Countless houses were in full view of where this object had hovered, and yet nobody came forward to say that they had seen it. Was everybody somehow looking in the wrong direction? It was very late at night. Perhaps they were all asleep? A nagging thought kept occurring to me: did this witness not see what he said that he had? Otherwise where was the support? Especially, as in later cases it failed to materialize even in broad daylight.

edit on 21-12-2018 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2018 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If some UFOs are time machines, then maybe it's possible that they only exist in our timeframe for a relatively short while, and then when they move on or go back where/when they came from they essentially never really existed in our reality. Even though they sort-of did. And people tend to forget things that never really happened. Only by some strange quarky-quirk does a witness happen to remember them from the other timeframe.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I've seen ghosts and a UFO. During one ghostly encounter I was so amazed at what I was looking at I asked a friend to look and her refused. Like UH UH, I'm not looking up there. He refused to look several times.

I've experienced overt poltergeist activity with my wife, but not seen a UFO. However, my wife did see one as a teen with a friend in Essex one night over a recreation field - a gigantic, completely silent 'football field-sized' triangular black craft that beamed lights to the ground as if "searching for something"; weirdly she thought it was searching for cats! As it glided over them, they panicked and ran home as fast as they could, so it was definitely a mutual experience and reaction.

The strange thing is she seemed to block her memory of it until she married me and we were watching a TV documentary about the Belgium UFO flap of 1990. Her reaction to the sightings was instantaneous and almost a relief as she recalled the previous event, but why she'd forgotten it remains a mystery. She now doesn't like to talk about that night although she did once say it was a 'privilege' to witness despite the stark fear it induced (rather than a jolly "Wow, look at that! Haha!").

I remain perplexed by the whole story. A bit jealous, too! When I suggest it may have been a blimp or something more earthly, her reaction is a thoroughly believable "I wish it was!". The 'searching for cats' notion is quite disturbing for her with hindsight - what an odd thought to have in the heat of the moment, but any thoughts of 'abduction' are not up for discussion with her; she prefers to bury the event and get on with Real Life. Which I can fully understand, tbh.

A fascinating thread that poses equally fascinating questions. If an earthly explanation exists, why the curious memory failure?

*** shakes head in typical confusion ***

edit on 22-12-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join