It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange eyewitness behaviour during UFO sightings- what do you think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was reading this collection of personal UFO sightings, thanks to everbody who posted there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well what was very interesting to me were the repeated mentions of unusual behaviour from eyewitnesses other than the people who reported it, along with the statements that people couldn't understand their behaviour at the time when they thought about it later on.

Instances of UFOS/bright lights in plain sight but other drivers driving on, people being asked to look but refusing/ignoring the request, memory loss until a mention from other eyewitnesses jogged their memory again (or sometimes other passengers still have no memory of the incident whatsoever).

Here are a few more examples of strange behaviours during sightings.

www.hbccufo.org...
(1974 sighting, supposedly many witnesses to massive UFO, no media or other reports although brother confirmed sighting many years later and other people confirmed they could see the object at the time)
www.examiner.com...
(Husband and wife see same object, husband completely forgets until wife reminds husband only 30 minutes later on. Interestingly husband and wife are driving separate cars)
www.rense.com...
www.experienceproject.com... (the Waterloo bridge sighting is mentioned in Britain's MOD sightings and was also witnessed by MOD staff according to their own files!)
www.youtube.com... (hundreds of people witnessed an object over a lake supposedly sucking up water, no pictures or video taken)

I have read other reports over the years of similar events occuring.

My questions are-

a) Do you think that the UFOs are basically causing short-term memory loss in witnesses to many of these events ?
b) Do you think that many people are scared or just ignore even obvious objects in the sky? Perhaps many people are not willing to accept things that are too far outside their comfort zone?
c) Do you have other ideas such as the witnesses are hallucinating and that is why other people can't see what they claim to see at the time?

A) is my pet theory for the memory loss events ((B) may account for a far amount too of course). In fact it is possible already with our 2010 technology to erase memories with drugs and to roughly read thoughts with arrays of electrodes on the head, I have no doubt something with advanced technological capabilities could interfere with our memory processes using electromagnetic effects remotely. If so there is probably a field which decreases proportionality in strength by distance from the object, maybe some people are more susceptible than others to the effects due to their differing brain chemistry. I also noticed these short-term memory loss events seem to be correlated with very bright objects or classic saucer/cigar sightings, not with the black triangle type objects which I believe are actually black ops government aircraft.
It may also explain some cases where inexplicably no photos/pictures were taken but witnesses had cameras available.

So anybody care to comment, perhaps some of you have noticed unusual behaviour during sightings? You could also post links to other UFO sightings that had strange witness behaviour too.

edit on 28-12-2010 by ManInAsia because: update

edit on 28-12-2010 by ManInAsia because: update

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I saw a twilight disc with 5 other people in 1974. We didn't see lights in the sky, we saw a large metallic looking craft no more than 200 yards away from us. There was a bridge about 300 yards behind us with traffic on it. As far as I could tell no one stopped to look at the hovering flying saucer. I spoke to one of the witnesses about 10-15 years later and first he didn't remember and then he said, "Oh yeah, we saw some kind of lights in the sky". Now this guy wasn't very bright, he was busing tables at a restaurant my parents and I were eating at, and he had turned into a major doper but still I would have expected him to remember more detail. Hell he was the first one of us to see it. The other peculiarity was we became afraid as it moved in to it's closest approach to us, all of us at the same time. As soon as we felt fear it stopped approaching us and hovered for a few seconds and then started slowly moving away.

I wouldn't swear to it buy I wouldn't be surprised if they can mess with our minds at close range.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

You may get more than you bargained for in starting this thread. Yes, memory loss during a sighting is common especially if it turns out later than there is a missing time aspect which, of course, is indicative of an abduction. But memory loss itself is merely scratching the surface of the mental "tricks" they can play on selected witnesses. That ability will scare the hell out of the masses were it to be fully realized. Many would call it Devil's Play.

I suspect those incredible mental powers will be stoutly denied and kept hidden forever, even after we acknowledge UFOs as being ET machines and we get engaged in serious contact. On the positive side, our governmental and political interactions with them will have to be honest and forthright (even if we never know it).

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
worse than just memory loss....i saw 1967 or 1968 mental takeover....like stolen souls...in my best friends, running buddies....they were never the same....
or, i felt, the whole city.....dallas, after a mass of 300 plus lights in the morning sky as i was driving off for a vacation to colorado.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
UFOs have been known to interfere with all sorts of electronics and the human brain runs on electricity, so there's one reason to think they could scramble our circuits too. Magnetic fields will alter our brains also, so if they are using some sort of magnetic propulsion, that could explain memory loss

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You bring up a very compelling point and one that I've often pondered myself. I mean how can one person be/act/react/see something so completely different or.....not at all while others, do?

But I'll take this a step further. Not just seeing UFOs but rather up close and personal.

I've had an experience. For all intents and purposes, I was abducted. In bed next to my partner.
How can that be? How can my partner not have seen or woken up (even if I WAS having what science wants to call sleep paralysis?)
My dog knew I was (moaning?) trying to call out. In fact, he started coming towards me but would NOT come into the bedroom.

It's a long story and one I don't want to go in but I am convinced, certain people are 'summoned'. Now, what are the implications of the others that are not? They too are probably effected by this but on a different level.

So what I've kind of concluded is, if you aren't being abducted you're probably being put into a trance. So either way, we're all probably being effected.

Same thing with seeing UFOs. Some do and others do too but don't realize it.

PS. I am not saying this is alien (although I do believe it is). It could be some PsyOp being played out by our own people too. Who knows. But there is definitely something more going on than meets our Human eye!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hmmmmm

i have been a sceptic for ages and i tend to balance close on a point of believing and not
sometimes i am on the one side andf sometimes on the other.
i guess i tend to be open minded and more to the believer side but very coscious and reserved

what i found interesting a few years back is that when i asked my ex on the issue awaiting ridicule
she replied she had a sighting but was avoiding the issue.

its as if she was in denial

she made minimum reference to the point and always avoided my questions reverting to an other matter of discussion.

i found that very weird

it has been a persisting stance and also the details she remembers are minimal

all she will say if she responds to the matter at all is that she saw a disk shaped craft that had the size of about a lorry 200 or 300 meters away from the coastline (where she and her friends were) an a height of about 100 m (thats what i perceive of her description)

they didn t pay much attention to it (denial? fear? ) and they questioned whether it was some lighting pole hat
( which it wasn't!) and while she/they knew it wasn t one they wen t along to their sceduled walk!!!!!!

the other two girls were her sister and a friend or two of theirs. (all women)

none ever mentioned much about the story

its the case of biggest denial i ever stumbled uppon.

nowadays 10 years later she doesn t remember much anyways to add to the discussion but its interesting tyhat in the summer when i brought it up again she didn t persist to the conversation at all when i stopped whatever inquiry.

thats my 53 cents

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Why do you think some people are summoned? How would these beings figure out who to summon?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here is another-

Www.rense.com/general76/2MORE.HTM

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I agree, there's still so much we don't know about the brain and what influences it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here's another one
- profoundprophecy.com... (in comments section)

'It’s possible many people saw it and don’t recall it. Don’t laugh. It happened to my family in (august) 2002 on the island of Paxos, Greece. We had absolutely zero recollection of that sighting, until we viewed a film/movie called Phoenix Lights less than two years ago. Our recollection is weird. We can’t figure out how or why none of us remembered it until seeing that film. I’ve shared this sighting here a couple of times so won’t belabor the details again. But suffice to say that we saw it – forgot it for some unknown reason – then recalled it years later.

I am quite certain we were not the only people to have witnessed what we witnessed that night. The tiny island had quite a lot of tourists being peak season. It was a dark night – and uh – the lights/orbs were quite imposing and hard to miss. I don’t recall any media coverage – or ever hearing anyone discuss it in the following days on the island (which leads me to believe many of us ‘forgot’).

I can’t explain what happened. I only have a narrow memory now of what we saw…confirmed by my daughter and my husband. Our son was very young and doesn’t remember the trip, much less the sighting.

One more point. I have only shared this here and with one other person. I just googled ‘ufo sighting over paxos 2002′ to see if anyone else witnessed a UFO like us. I found one: www.sott.net...

But it was witnessed in 2009. No other reports from the year we were there, that I can find.'

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I saw a UFO and didn't remember that i saw it for a few months, when I saw something about UFOs on the internet and it just came back to me. At the time that I saw the UFO, I was driving across a parking lot with my son. It was a triangle shaped craft with 3 lights, gliding silently, and was lower than an airplane would fly, just above tree top height. We stopped the car, rolled down the windows, and just stared at it until it disappeared from view. It was gliding over a very busy street in my town, at around 8:30 at night. While we saw it, we didn't feel afraid, more in awe. After it was out of sight, we just forgot about it, continued across the parking lot, and went shopping. Out of sight, out of mind. When I finally remembered months later, I was embarrassed at first to talk about it because I was afraid people would think I was lying or crazy to suddenly remember having a sighting. After some googling, I feel better to know that I'm not the only one who could forget something like that for such a time. I searched a UFO sighting database, and there were other sightings in the area on the same night. One person took a picture of it, and I attached a link to it.
I know you said in your theory that you don't think triangle shaped craft are included, and are man made, but I just don't see how that's possible that man made what I saw. It was absolutely silent up there, and so much closer than a plane would be.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks for adding your piece and putting the image link up. Whatever causes us to forget these amazing sights should be looked into more. In this case it may have been you were distracted but your brain filed it away as something that didn't fit your known reality and it returned to conscious memory eventually.

You were lucky to witness the 'flying wedge of cheese' (another witness once described it as that...he was spot on with that description, makes me laugh thinking of it everytime!).

www.sott.net...

I don't claim to have all the answers, but from what I've read of witness reports of triangles in general they seem not to perform 'out of these world' manuevres and they are mostly sighted in the US near air bases and also NATO member countries.

Here is a good explanation of the potential usefulness of such an aircraft design (stealth blimp and heavy payload carrier)
xmb.stuffucanuse.com...

As to why they would be flying around urban areas and taking the risk of being seen or crashing, again I don't have the answer for that. It is notable that they only seem to emerge under cover of darkness.

edit on 19-7-2011 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I saw a bright orange light come down through the clouds a few miles in the distance I just stood still at the side of a busy road looking up. I thought it was a meteore at first glance but it stopped moving down once it had broke through under the clouds and started moving across the sky in my direction. It flew right over my head while I just stood still looking at it and looking at the cars passing hoping would see it and stop, they never did. Once it had gone I continued on my way home when I got a bit thurther down the road I saw another one shoot across the sky faster than the first one and coming from another direction but heading in the same genral direction as the first one.

The one that flew over my head justr looked like a ball of light about the size of a small car and about the hight of the police helicopter maybe a bit lower.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What the hell happened to my links? Lies, how about ignorance by deleting content! It makes a mess of my whole thread.

Here is another link and excerpt, www.fantasticforum.com...
I wonder what will happen to this.

'Another sighting I had was in August of 1978, woke up in the middle of the night to turn off my a/c and open some windows, we had just gone through two weeks
of high nineties and very high humidity and the temp dropped about 40 degrees during the night...I opened the shade and window above my headboard and glanced out the window, there was a huge black cigar shaped object hovering in my back yard which backed up to an open area where there is a retention ditch and woods behind that. It had what is similar to port holes on the side, silent and just hovering there, the strange thing about it was (and BTW not unusual) was I thought oh well and laid down and went back to sleep.....a few hours later I woke and realized what I had seen a few hours earlier, why I laid down and went to sleep with no reaction is beyond me.'

and then this one

it-came-out-of-the-sky.appspot.com...#
Chrome Sphere and mind control?I was on Highway 45N going to Mississippi and I was a few miles south of Citronelle, Al in a very rural area. I glanced outside the car window and saw a amazingly shiny sphere with a highly polished chrome appearance floating about 2-3 feet over a pasture area. It was approximately 30 feet from the road.A thought entered my head that it was a Mylar balloon but it was so spherical and so still that I immediately rejected that thought. Then a thought entered my head again that it was ornamental gazing ball that are seen in peoples yards. I again rejected that thought because it was a pasture with no houses for several miles. When I rejected that thought I felt like something left my mind!! And I had "empty feeling" in the base of my skull. It is very hard to explain. I have never had such a feeling. It seemed that it was "suggested" to me what the object was and when I rejected those thoughts it left my head.I am 49 year old female with an executive position in a large company. I have told no one about the experience.Weather conditions: high 30's, light wind.There wasn't any lights in the area and the stars were bright and clear.((NUFORC Note: Witness elects to remain totally anonymous; provides no contact information. PD))

edit on 2-5-2012 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
unusualkentucky.blogspot.tw...

I noticed a sphere about the size of a compact car approximately 200 feet off the wing of the plane. It was dull in color. An unpolished metal nearly exact in the image of a VERY large ball bearing, it was perfect in it's spherical shape. Always looking for a logical, scientific explanation to anything paranormal first,I assumed it was a tiny bubble in the glass of the window or ice on the glass of the window. I studied it for about a minute and was astonished when i witnessed it move behind a small cloud. I immediately looked down the aisle and noticed many other passengers were looking outside the window at the object as well. I looked at the object again and noticed it never swayed, dove or maneuvered at all. It was very static in it's position. This made me skeptical. How can any craft fly alongside another craft and never move, in any manner from it's present position? Anything in flight is always fighting the physics of the atmosphere every second i.e. barometric pressure, wind, air pockets, friction, etc...

Here is where things got weird. I looked down the aisle to hopefully catch eye contact with someone who was witnessing this event and could discuss this. What I witnessed next shook me to my core. All other witnesses, approximately 20 plus, just leaned back into their seats and continued reading their books, newspapers and laptops as if nothing happened. Why was I the only person who felt as if I just witnessed a magnificent moment? Whether it was a higher intelligence or something we created, it was a beautiful moment. I reflected on this for several minutes up to the final hour of our flight. Once we reached our terminal,I had totally forgotten the entire experience. How could this happen? How could I forget an experience that shook my entire core and being? Several years later I started to slowly recall my experience. Why did the other passengers not even have any sign of expression on their face after the incident? Why did I totally forget the entire experience until many years later?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Of course they are causing short term memory loss. If you've seen them you've had an encounter, if you can remember it, thats a whole different story. ET and military do memory wipes.

But in a group, only some may retain some memories.

Also, the number of people that will not look up and refuse to beleive their own eyes, its like they're so programmed in their beliefs that have been instilled, not only will they refuse to see something but acknowledge it at all, and then act like you are harassing them, harming them if you bring it up.

For example, and this is not what I call a UFO, but more earth craft, exotic type, and since I'd seen something over the schools not that long before this sighting, I was really suspicious of this inbetween two schools. I drove my oldest son, who is a real sketpic, seems to have a lot of blocks in him, and a back road between two schools, the short cut, this sort of 747 looking jet with passenger windows, not big, but bigger than a small plane, was roughly 100 feet or so in the air, maybe 150, not too high up, standing still, soundlessly.

I point it out to my son, and pulled over. He couldn't miss it, it was directly overhead to the left side, across the road and up! Right near us, fully visible in the early evening sky, soundlessly hovering!!!! I thought they're dusting the schools with virus's!

It immediately flies off but very very slowly. He refuses to acknowledge that anything that did not concur with his opinion was there.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Here's another interesting account.

www.experienceproject.com...

It was a dull metalic colored machine / craft that had a few lights and was larger than the hole. It was moving north to south. I thought " I don't mean to look at that it's just an airplane." I looked back up and saw the tail end of it. It was boxy and had three 'windows' stacked on top of one another that were likely 80 feet wide by maybe 30 feet tall and the space behind the windows was well lit but I could not really see details inside the craft. We stayed there for another 20ish minutes before we packed the boat up and left. On the way back to my bro's house to store the boat, he told me he had the same thought about not needing to look at the object because it was 'a plane.' Even though this thing was clearly not a plane and also made no noise, he said that the thought to him seemed foreign when it came to his mind.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

we as a family had a sighting in daylight on a bypass the A55 Rhyl to Chester for 35 mins and i was pointing out the car frantically and as far as i know only one person may of seen the same as us.

By the way we had a phone on us and didnt give it a second thought to take a pic or vid

i made a thread on here in an old account name phil ware after emailing nick pope and mufon

in fact i think it was one of the reasons i joined up

Ufo over a55 chester to rhyl 28th april 2011 at 12.15pm till 12.50

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Myself and another witnessed something. The other person went into almost instant denial apoplexy. I tried talking to this person several times about it over the next few years and was finally told "hay we saw something and I am not talking about it anymore. And if you tell anyone about it and that I was with you I will deny it and tell folks your crazy which is what they think anyway" I said "yea but you saw it and you and I know its the truth". But no it was made clear that I was on my own at this point. This person would like to say "is that what we saw? Well we saw something. Sure it wasn't a (blank)?"
edit on 9-7-2013 by Logarock because: n

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join