It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds To Require Gun Sale Notification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Feds To Require Gun Sale Notification

www.ktrh.com

Citing the need to curb border violence, under the pilot program that could start as soon as next month, dealers in Texas, California, Arizona and New Mexico would have to inform the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives of any sales of two or more rifles, including assault weapons.

The Feds say this will allow them to track any weapon that may be falling into the wrong hands, but dealers, like Jim Pruett of Jim Pruett’s Guns and Ammo, call the proposal a back door effort to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hmm, this one I again will leave up to the reader to draw their own conclusions on.

Is this a necessity, or a good measure, to counter supposed sales of weapons to mexican drug cartels?

Or is this a clever way of limiting or perhaps in an indirect way intimidating folks from buying more than one gun, due to knowing they are being tracked by big brother? A 'back door' for the gov to begin gun sale control?

Let's get your take on this ATSers, pro or con. What's this all about?

www.ktrh.com
edit on 28-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Most people I know have moved to local forums or gun specific forums to buy and sell weapons.

Meet up with local people, pay cash, and no one's the wiser.

There is the risk of buying a stolen firearm, but sticking with members with high ratings curbs that.

ie seattleguns.net

I tried to buy the site in it's infancy and wish I had offered more.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Most people I know have moved to local forums or gun specific forums to buy and sell weapons.
Meet up with local people, pay cash, and no one's the wiser.

This is how a lot of my friends get their guns also. And these people are just buying them mostly to hunt. Some buy them for protection or target practice.

Therefore, if the drug cartels want guns, they won't get them legally since they can buy them under the table in so many places. I think this is another example of Big Brother slowly sneaking in the back door of gun control. They will do it so slowly that we won't see it coming IMO..

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I don't think anyone intelligent believes this will stop drug cartels from getting guns.. (Hell they got RPG'S)

Just another way to monitor the good guys getting firearms.

More trouble, for the *normal Joe* (law abiding citizen) to buy from sporting good stores at cheaper prices.

More ways for them to watch and regulate selling guns to everyday people.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Hmm, this one I again will leave up to the reader to draw their own conclusions on.

Is this a necessity, or a good measure, to counter supposed sales of weapons to mexican drug cartels?

Or is this a clever way of limiting or perhaps in an indirect way intimidating folks from buying more than one gun, due to knowing they are being tracked by big brother? A 'back door' for the gov to begin gun sale control?

Let's get your take on this ATSers, pro or con. What's this all about?

www.ktrh.com
edit on 28-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

Con.

I'm citing your proposed 'possible reason' # 2. 'Ad hoc gun registration' is bang on. (Pun intended. ah ha ha.)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Classic. They can't ever let a good crisis go to waste. Instead of sending the Army or National Guard to secure our borders like they should, they want further infringe on our 2nd Ammendment rights. I, for one, would like to see from proof the cartels are getting their weapons from us.
edit on 28-12-2010 by silverbullett because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My question is...
If the Federal gov't is trying to stop mexican cartels from acquiring guns...
How come the cartels are being caught with military issue firearms?

According to a U.S. law enforcement officer familiar with internal U.S. reporting on the raid, the items recovered by the Mexican military at the camp included 32 rifle grenades, four grenade launchers, 80 AR-15 assault rifles, 60 AK-47 assault rifles, one anti-tank launcher, 10,000 rounds of ammunition, 13,000 cartridge magazines, as well as body armor and two way radios. Although the rifle grenades and grenade launchers likely came from old military stocks in Guatemala or elsewhere in Central America, the official says, an initial inspection of the assault rifles’ markings suggests they all were purchased in the United States.

Newsweek Article

Anyone else notice that?

edit on 28-12-2010 by havok because: Edited code

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
And yet another back " door deal " to ultimately infringe on the 2nd Amendment rights. Once they get there foot in the door, it'll be all down hill from there. Pathetic!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Another reason this is stupid......you can buy guns anywhere in the US...by several means and then move them south about anyway you like. These "drug" guys down there have connections all over this country one way or another.

I would like to see some figures on guns found in narco wars in mexico that can be tracked back to US. But then again this figures could all be fixed up to look the way they want it. And besides it really doesnt matter to the foundation of our rights here if they do find guns in Mexico from the US.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY STOLEN IN AMERICA CARS ARE IN MEXICO!

edit on 28-12-2010 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join