It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory microchip ID Implants (would you?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well this whole thing was discussed just recently in another thread. GPS would be in the chips but would only be activated in the case of a person going missing.. or the persons lifesigns indicating an emergency. It could also be manualy activated in case of a crime being commited against you.. kinda insta 911.

other thread..
if man made a chip
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In 2001, 840,279 missing persons (adults and children) were reported to the police and entered into the FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC).

That nearly 1mil people....

[edit on 10-7-2004 by UnusualMe]

[edit on 10-7-2004 by UnusualMe]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This could become a future event used for I.D.'s or for financial reasons, money transactions. I would not agree to this. I have heard some want to do away with paper and coin money, thus the chip becomes the debit/credit card. Scarry thought. The reason given would be to curb crime.

Some argue this is scriptural......I think the mark in the hand and it says without this mark you cannot buy or sell..??

No.. I will not consent to any chip.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The perfect future chip:

All medical info seperated into HEalth and Mental Wellness. Instead of signing a release when we move and switch docs we just give permission by fingerprint or retinal scanner, and they get everything they need.

Emergency workers can over ride the permission system, infact if your lifesigns go haywire the chip might call 911 for you and forward your medical info.

All credit cards, membership cards, ID's.. etc are on your chip. No more bulging wallets.

A personal GPS, if you go missing, become sick or are threatened. As a nice added bonus if you are met with violence or left and activate your emergency 911 GPS the chips of people in your immediate vicinity are recorded.

This type of thing would cut crime so fast, thugs wouldn't know what hit them.
----------------------
The chip and how it happens... companies are told by a certain date they must have these systems in place, once done... Chipping becomes mandatory for newborns and criminals. The rest of us can choose... after a generation or so.. everyone would be chipped.

THe chip would be implanted in such a way that extracting it would require surgery... in this we could be assured that people kiddnapped would not have there chips simply .. cut out. Only very well off criminals could afford the surgery, so most street crime etc.. is a thing of the past.

If this were to happen in my lifetime I'd probably be really old by then, I don't think most of us need to worry. A system like that would take years to devolop and even longer to implement into society.

XL5

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
EMP: electro magnetic pulse, its not microwaves. Why use microwaves to destroy something in something thats mainly water (your body) since your blood will absorb most of the power before the chip is toast.

The EMP I'm talking about is much like an Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).

I can see lots of ppl getting the chip, since the govt. will make it seem trendy and cool. Look at mini-vans and other huge vehicals ppl buy. Most ppl are idiots and think that when the dealers say a hummer has a fuel efficient engine, they somehow think it won't use much gas.

It takes 4 times the power to move something twice as heavy to a certain speed. A 500lb motor bike with a 50HP engine can get to 100mph in 6 seconds, for a 1000lb car, it would take a 200HP engine to do 100mph in 6 seconds and that means 4 times the gas to haul the extra weight (just an example). All you ever see in them are 2-3 kids and a parent or 2 and most times not even that, yet these ppl complain about gas prices and don't know why its like that, supply and DEMAND. A car would do yet they all fall for what the media shows as trendy/cool.

They may model the chip around cell phones or stationary public GPS units. LOL the chip activates the GPS and gives you a personal message "joe blow....you are here!" then displays a map!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangaxx
second- if you can not see easly where this lead us to the mandatory chip, it's a pitty! for me it's clear as water. you have the normal technique been usued: first they makes us "used" to the subject, next they try to show us how usefull it is for our lives, then it will be mandatory for house pets...i think it is not need it to be a diviner to notice what they will do next.!

Wait shouldnt you know the plan of attack for chip implants? Shouldn't you have the exact guideplan used by the evil reptilians to enslave us all?

I mean hey you are the man who knows "aliens are coming back in an official way this year".

What have your handlers told you kangaxx!?

What is the god awful monumentous plan?!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
heard on the news the chip is being tested in spain now one of the perks is no waiting in line to get in to clubs,just scan and enter.is your soul worth a quick enterance in your favorate club?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Agent47, kangaxx has something there about microchips.

The Brazil bit stirred up a memory for me. I ridiculed it as laughable at the time - but you can still find it on the Internet. If I remember rightly, it was the first publicised incident of this procedure

www.adsx.com...

and some more here, 1/2 way down the page, although it's from 2002

www.libertythink.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangaxx

have you in USA a law for pets?i dont know if there is a law for microchip in pets aoutside europe!?

Yes we have laws that dogs must be licensed & have their shots, in some places cats too. It is a good thing in terms of public health, especially when someone is bitten by a domestic animal since you can quickly determine whether the person doesn't have to be treated for rabies if the animal is licesned and the shots up to date.

On the critical side it is often veiwed as merely a revenue generating vehicle. I know of one instance where a dog census was hired to get them all on the books and bring in all those missing dollars.
It wasn't successful and the position no longer exists.

My point is, yes we are all suppossed to license our animals, but it is absolutely unenforceable. I for one do not see that you could ever successfully force implants into all the pets in the US. It just doesn't concern me.

As for the Brazil situation, there are serious concerns involved (the rise of kidnapping) that make this something many people voluntarily want. Again, I see no concerns of forced chipping. There are plenty of people still running around without SS numbers who still seem to survive.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If it would mean I wouldn't have to sign my name every freagin time I use my credit card at the local grocery store - I say H*LL YES!!
Bring on the chip!!
Ahhhh.... potato chips....

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hetha
Cryss, sweetheart, if ID chips become mandatory, we are moving to another advanced country, where they are prohibited. Hacked or not, I want my freedom. You can continue working on the modified ones there.

Injected Chips will never will become mandatory but if you guys are not wanting to be self sufficiant there will be lots of problems for everyone who does not like to become a sheep. It will be very restrictive for anyone who is not chipped i.e driving a car, going shopping, basicly you never go to work either and so on.
Unfortunally the Idea of total control will be fulfilled and will live for a few years -
Well you might argue that self sufficiant people still have to pay land tax ....but there is a way out

Everything will slowly change to chipcards first (like germany has them for many years now). And would you belive it - there will be so much misuse ( thats what the media will tell you) that they have no other option than to inject the chip into the skin...merry christMESS.....

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

I would not accept a chip. Something IN my body is MUCH different then a mobile phone or credit card. I know its going to happen and its just a matter of when.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
They can implant a chip over my dead body, the notion has distinct overtones of logans run, the phone tracking is one thing, this is another, how many of us can just casually leave a body part behind if we don't want to be found, my bank has already tried switching my cash card to chip & pin (broke about 5 mins later, got my old one back). the only other alternative is to go live where there is enough interference to avoid notice at all.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If it were, say the year 1820, and I told you that in 150 years everyone would have a card that had their picture on it as well as where you lived your date of birth and your social sucurity # or licsence # and that the local sheriff would have this info on record, you would think I was nuts- after you asked me what the h*ll is social sucurity ?
Then when I explained that you needed it to drive a car you would probally say (judging by the replies to this thread) NO WAY NOT ME, OVER MY DEAD BODY !

Just a geuss but I say most of you have a drivers licsence.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well I wouldn't suggest a chip revolution until they can safely shield chips and computer systems against EMP. Could you imagine a digital society and having a total computer shutdown...??

I really don't see what the difference is between being chipped and current tracking methods except convienence and added individual safety.

As it is every club I belong to is in my wallet.. as well as ID, SS, and BC.... the few times I've moved around it's taken an unacceptable amount of time to transfer my medical records. At one time this almost cost me my life. It might take lawenforcers a few minutes.. or even a couple irritating faxes but they can find out who you are and your entire record by you car's LP or your drivers licence. With the right warrent it is even legal to put a GPS on your car.. that you cannot take off.

All your rights would be in place and an institution that did not have permission to view your records.. could not... they would still need a warrent to turn on your GPS.

Your chip.. would also have a web interface... you could personaly look at every instance it was scanned, or activated by who and why.

The best effect this would have is on crime and missing persons... the amount of people that go missing a year is downright scary... and the amount of unsolved crime is out of control.. our streets are practicaly teeming with people that would hurt you if they thought they could get away with it.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'd fight for it. Im not giving up my self to the government!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnusualMe

I really don't see what the difference is between being chipped and current tracking methods except convienence and added individual safety.

Your chip.. would also have a web interface... you could personaly look at every instance it was scanned, or activated by who and why.

A web interface - one that lets me look at it each time my ID implant was activated or scanned - is that supposed to make me feel happy then? Even though I wouldn't know just how many government & private organisations could very well have access to a chip that contains who knows what amount of information it might hold, & not necessarily just financial info either.

Marketing companies already spend mega-bucks in similar efforts. Who can say how much our personal information's worth & whether or not it will be bought and sold like any other commodity?

I still get by without a driver's licence or credit card. I have virtually no plastic, though it's getting harder & harder. Look after your plastic & go through the hassle of replacing lost or stolen ones. Spare me the implants, thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
And so it has already come to pass, UnusualMe, with GPS - this from a news article at Wired.com

Seven contractors have expressed interest in the state's $2.5 million pilot project that would use a global positioning system, or GPS, to keep track of violent sex offenders that have been paroled. The tracking technology was first used in Florida in late 1990s to keep track of released felons, and some cities and counties in other states utilize GPS for similar uses.

www.wired.com...

And a bit firther south, here's some more implants for kidnap protection, again from Wired.com

"Mexico's attorney general said on Monday he had had a microchip inserted under the skin of one of his arms to give him access to a new crime database and also enable him to be traced if he is ever abducted.

Attorney General Rafael Macedo said a number of his staff had also been fitted with chips that will give them exclusive and secure access to a national, computerized database for crime investigators that went live on Monday."
www.wired.com...

Form an orderly line, folks, your turn's coming.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Over my dead body!

Then.....well, I suppose they could chip me to their heart's content, just in case I raise from the dead or something.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Saw the same thing on CNN, well, HNN actually.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Eh, no thanks hehe
I'd rather not be tagged like some creature so people can see where I am on the planet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join