It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

111th Congress Added More Debt Than First 100 Congresses Combined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

During the Rep. Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) tenure as speaker, which commenced on Jan. 4, 2007, the federal government has run up $5.177 trillion in new debt. That is about equal to the total debt the federal government accumulated in the first 220 years of the nation's existence,

www.cnsnews.com...

Are these people insane? There is absolutely no way we can ever repay this money. Where do they get off wasting our money like this? Every one of the demoncrats should be impeached and imprisoned along with almost all of the rethuglicans.
edit on 28-12-2010 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
And to think, a few days ago someone started a thread proposing a toast to the excellent leadership of Nancy Pelosi. Only a mouth-breathing dolt would find her leadership admirable!
The aforementioned story is only ONE of a litanny of reasons why she will go down as the worst speaker this country has ever endured!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Keynesian economic theory is basically spending your way our of a crisis.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the concept as I understand it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the concept as I understand it.

Ur right but it's the consumers that have to do the spending, not the governments.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

Originally posted by beezzer

Ur right but it's the consumers that have to do the spending, not the governments.
Exactly. Governments taking the money out of the productive sector of the economy and wasting it as they have does us all no good.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Ta' for the clarrification gents.

new topics

top topics

join