It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd F-15's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Im not sure if I put this in the right section, so mods feel free to move it.

I work in the summer pollinating corn, which means Im out in the cornfield 6 days a week all summer. Today, at about 9:25 am we saw about fifteen
F-15's flying over our heads. Then at about 12:30 pm we saw about fifteen more. Ive never seen so many military jets in my life. Is something going on? All of them were headed southeast.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashly
Im not sure if I put this in the right section, so mods feel free to move it.

I work in the summer pollinating corn, which means Im out in the cornfield 6 days a week all summer. Today, at about 9:25 am we saw about fifteen
F-15's flying over our heads.

Ashley what kind of formation were the 15's in, A chevron, paired up? Also, how high were they flying, and were they armed? What the nearest AFB in your area? Must have been pretty cool to see.....

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
yes ashley if they were in a formation they were probally just travleing to another location...unlike the movies us fighter must fly formation during no combat sorties

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Ashly it would be hard to tell what was going on with those jets but be sure to read the local papers for small bits on what was going on.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
They were probably moving I mean what type of problem or threat would require 30 F-15's kida of excessive so it was probably moving.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
just a squadron moving to another location for a bit

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Still, that's quite a lot of movement... and certainly more than just a squadron. It's sounds like more than half of the fighter wing was moving.

My impression was that the air force only rotated single squadrons to overseas airfields at one time, not entire wings (unless something like a war was going on). That's a lot of jets for a training exercise.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
well maybe not the whole wing but atleast half the wing will go

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
might be another cyclee for the red flag training exercise in the deserts of the south west US. they train against the Luftwaffe and their migs sometimes

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The only AFB i can think of is mountain home airforce base. They were pretty high up, but we could still hear them really loud. And they didnt look like they were in a formation, but i could be mistaken. BTW, there werent any more today.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I saw two more today at about 2:30 headed in the same direction.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashly
I saw two more today at about 2:30 headed in the same direction.

Ashley keep a digital camera handy and snap a fw pics and post them for us...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Dude, I barely have gas money let alone a digi camera. haha. I only seen about 4 more these past few weeks.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yeah probably an exercise. I wouldn't be suprised if they were moving. Doesn't the air force reguraly perform patrols over the US. If you can't get a digital camera just get a disposable. If you could post photos I'd like to see them.

[edit on 7/21/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
30 Is Like a Squardon Sounds To me Like Ther Where Going Into a Dog Fight Or A mission.Kinda Strange I See 2 C-130's Do An Flyup an Back EveryDay But F-15s Sound Like Battle Ready

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Most likely just transfering jets around the country. I mean, if you need to move a plane to another base, you gonna fly it or move it by ground? lol

As for the numbers...

Well either they were running some top secret operation or, they were tranfering a mass load of aircraft to another airbase for trainee detail or something...

Could you tell if they were Armed?

If not than they were without a doubt transporting.

top topics

join