It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gene pool is green with algae.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yep, the pool boy is on vacation and the chlorine drum is sealed up tight. I am not sure what has happened but in the last few weeks, ATS has slipped into a coma. All the intelligent people who used to frequent this forum seem to be missing. The silliness and outright idiocracy seems to rule the day. I just hope that whatever terrible thing befell the keepers of sanity will be reversed. Please bring back ATS. I miss it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Yep, the pool boy is on vacation and the chlorine drum is sealed up tight. I am not sure what has happened but in the last few weeks, ATS has slipped into a coma. All the intelligent people who used to frequent this forum seem to be missing. The silliness and outright idiocracy seems to rule the day. I just hope that whatever terrible thing befell the keepers of sanity will be reversed. Please bring back ATS. I miss it.

Yeah, all the smart people left. Leaving just us idiots in charge.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy. The pool boy has been kidnapped by reptilian illuminati under direct orders from Ho-bama and whisked-off to the secret underground caverns in North Dakota that have passageways leading to hollow Earth. His chlorine drum has been replaced by sea monkey brine that has been genetically-modified to transform into grey clones at the stroke of midnight on 21 December 2012 to begin the emanantization of the eschaton.

The good news is that readership and membership at ATS is at an all-time high and ad space is is selling for more than ever. Many are rejoicing in the fact that boring, fact-based investigation has been replaced by popular and fanciful whack-nut topics that more people common folk can relate to. The leaders of the NWO movement are satisfied that true researchers and critical thinkers' work is being discredited and replaced by popular fluff about about benevolent Nordic ETs working for God and his favorite son all the while the true and insidious purpose for this is permitted to continue as has been planned for eons in order for those factions to "serve man" as a main course in several delectable selections from the gourmet section of their menus.

Odd you should mention anything. Most of the people who have slipped away in recent weeks have done so unnoticed. Most of them never had more than five friends in their Facebook accounts anyway. Those in the know blame it all on the Democrats.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Erongaricuaro because: of deep, dark secrets.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

i guess alot of the "smart" people are tired of the debunkers lack of words that are scaring of the constructive talk.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Just for the record, I find it strange that 2 prolific ATS members, Phage and Maybe...maybe not, known for their intelligent, skeptical insights, BOTH stopped posting in November within a week of each other.

It's very bizarre. I can understand 1 person stopping, but 2 of them at almost the same time?

Very strange.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm fairly sure the quality decline came before any psuedo-exodus of intellect.

I find this place becoming less and less productive everyday. The same threads, same videos, same messages all over and over while idiocy still goes unpunished, even rewarded by fellow members.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There is just not that much new information to discuss.

everytime you see a new thread started, you invariably get the trolls coming to say, "Sheesh!!! It was posted already before. Learn to use the search feature".

ATS Browbeating.

I don't start new threads because all it will do is set me up in a position to get in trouble for thwacking such a set of trolls over the head.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have just seen a dramatic swing of garbage being posted, nobody sweeping in to offer a hint of intelligence to the mess, just post after post of ignorance. I don't mean to imply that I am one of the smart ones at all BTW. I just enjoy learning from them. But lately it has been sad. Maybe just the holidays. But this ins't the first holiday ATS has encountered, but this is the first time I can remember this much crap being slung at one time.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
All the heads are turned into Wikileak you know these days

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The funny part of this concept, and all that goes with it, to me, is perspective...

In the plethora of threads that address this notion that ATS is going down the drain (BTW, if one looks back they will find that these threads - claiming ATS is not what it used to be - going back almost to the inception of this website.) I always find it funny that our divergent perspectives get lost here.

In short, one might jump up and say "Yeah, ATS has suffered!" and another might say "I agree!". But if these people were to actually communicate they might find that poster #1 feels that things are "worse" because they think that skeptics are being moderated against too much - whereas poster #2 might feel that skeptics are running amok.

The seeming agreement is superficial.

Here is a great thread by Maxmars that shows that our perceptions about ATS - and the belief that it is not what it used to be, might largely be more an internal thing than an external. After a couple of years on ATS most of us have seen most of the fodder and subject matter... Finding new and exciting thrills is a more difficult prospect.

We become jaded. The honeymoon ends as the newness wears off.

There has been a constant procession of outrageous posters and super skeptics over the years... they show up, build reputations, gain followings, get bored, and move on. It's just the nature of the beast.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Maybe... maybe not last visited the site today. He said he was going to take a break from posting a while back. here
edit on 28-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Perhaps since so many kids are on Christmas Vacation, this is the reason the boards have been overwhelmed with sub-standard threads? Just a thought.

top topics

join