It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan graffiti wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Some great pictures i came across while surfing the net.
It shows the battle of the mind in war, and it's a great reminder that we are all still humans.
Enjoy

Afghan graffiti wars

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by locster

This sentence from posted link is quite disturbing:
"Musa Qala is an important battleground in the war against Taliban insurgents and the narcotics industry." As I understand the world, USMC are fighting CIA in Afghanistan? I'm probably mixing reality with propaganda, but who knows.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

I have been trying to think of exactly what the difference in the pictures made by the two sides are all day. I am not talking about the quality of the art, but in all of the graffiti, it seems that the U.S. shows itself while the Taliban shows what they are up against.

I don't know what this signifies but there is a distinct difference in the two. You don't even need to look very hard to see this difference. It says something, I just don't know what exactly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24b9f21cf745.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ca0e43d0d10.jpg[/atsimg]

But you are correct in saying that these works show that it is indeed humans trying to express themselves in this time of war for them..

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Tagging isn't going to change the fact that
Afghanistan belongs to only the Afghans.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What would Americans do, if Afghanistan was the world's only superpower, and they were invading America?

This war is not about terrorism, the U.S. government allowed 911 to happen, of that there can be no doubt.

This war is about oil and resources and strategic military bases for corporate profit.

The American grafiti is full of hubris.

The Afghanistan grafiti details the trials of the conflict.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The taliban's graffiti looks as though there from a cave, and that they are seeing things that they've never seen before and it comes as a great threat to them and this is there only way of documenting the terror that they face on a day to day basis, most are looking towards getting paid...others are just fanatical

top topics

join