It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite UFO Evidence - Skeptics debunk!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The first video is a segment taken out of a conference with Dr. Steven Greer, I like this one because it has some analysis backed behind it.

The next two are from my buddy AlienScientist, who has done extensive research towards Free Energy and other mind numbing concepts.

An object in Space can only move in a curved trajectory if a constant force is applied. In Space that force could be the Earth's gravity (orbit) or Thrust from the object itself. The highlighted object emerges from behind the horizon of the Earth. It moves in a curved trajectory before the 'flash' After the 'flash', it moves in a linear trajectory, away from the Earth. This means that the object is a great distance from the camera. This means the object is very large, and able to manouver from a curved to a linear trajectory.

----

Dust particles and space debris don't speed up and change directions... What else could this be? Viewers should be encouraged to view in HD.

The 'contrails' are simply an overlay which shows time-lapse ghosting of the movement of all moving bodies.
The original footage is 100% authentic, and released by NASA
It was filmed from the Space Shuttle Discovery on September 15, 1991 during the STS-48 mission.

Analysis of both the 'flash' and the movement of some of the moving bodies can be found at these locations:

www.vgl.org...
www.vgl.org...

edit on 28-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

That's some badass facepalm comedy right there. With a title like this and then you open with the greatest living conman in ufology? Greer's a proven hoaxer. Until recently, there was a policy on ATS to put Greer/CSETI threads straight in the [HOAX] section.

Skimming the video is enough to make me wonder how you've managed to take it so seriously? Greer claims he and 'his team' are in contact with aliens and can 'vector them in' using their 'consciousness.' In his presentation, UFOs are spiritual, light-being aliens that actually act like dogs at the park. Greer only has to 'vector' them in like whistling and they come running.

With skills like this, I wonder why he didn't take the crowd outside and 'vector' his ass off? Well one reason why he doesn't is because he can't and is actually, deliberately (for money) lying to those people. Play the video and see him as a man on the stage just lying for profit. This is why so many can't stand the guy, it's because he lies and takes money from people who don't know any better.

If he was selling the 'cure for cancer' to cancer patients everyone would hate him. Instead, he's selling 'peace n love' aliens and some people defend him. The approach is different, but they are both selling lies and hopes to people to rip them off.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
mind numbing

That perfectly sums up Steven Greer!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Forget Greer for the moment. He can't be your favourite topic surely? I bet he's just got another person to sign up to become a CSETI ambassador in the time it took for me to type that. Maybe we're missing out. He's running training at Stonehenge in July. Only about $2500 too

What about the third video? That one looks more interesting to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Fair enough. Guy is definitely an egotist. What about the actual film? I thought the film he showed was pretty interesting. I also was compelled to listen some of what he had to say, because it corroborated with Jim Marrs - and also came from what I believe to be a valid approach, that E.T's are not "out to get us". I did not know he was a hoaxer, it is too bad that he is trying to steal people's money while at the same time devaluing people's actual experiences.

Let's say the first is "clearly" fake or a hoax.
What about the last two?
edit on 28-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The STS-48 footage blew me away the first few times I saw it in the same way it did for thousands of others. I'm not as impressed by it these days after reading about water dumps and RCS jets.

Before the object zips away, there's a brief flash in the top left corner of the frame. This flash is an RCS jet firing to maintain the correct bearing of the STS-48. It's clearer in this video because it hasn't been cropped to focus on the object. The action occurs at 1:50.

Make no mistake, although I've raised questions about your video choices, I've been interested in the UFO enigma for a long time. Here's a few of the cases that haven't been debunked yet...

Edwards AFB 1965. Transcripts and tapes from the base after they were buzzed by UFOs for several hours. The UFOs were seen with naked eyes, binoculars and on two radars. Two jets were scrambled.

RB-47 Incident 1957. A fully-crewed RB-47 was using the latest electronic counter-measures tech and noticed a UFO tracking them. The UFO was picked up by ground radar, aircrew and the onboard ECM system.

Colares 1977. For several weeks, an area of Brazil reported many UFO sightings that escalated into close encounters that left dozens in hospital and two dead. Military and Intelligence investigators were sent to investigate. They confirmed a lot of the reports and took photographs of a number of UFOs.

ETA: The Kinross Incident involved a two-man F-89C Scorpion jet being scrambled to investigate a UFO return on the radar. As the jet approached the UFO on radar, radio contact was disrupted and the two objects merged and then vanished from the radar screens. That was 1953 and not a nut or bolt of that Scorpion has ever been found since.

edit on 28-12-2010 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Interesting, that is a good explanation for what one of the videos might be. Would you say the same for the other/last video?

Thank you for the links. I have only heard of a couple of these incidents, will look into all of these throughout today - It's pouring rain outside, might as well devote the day to research. It's coming clear to me that whatever possible truths Greer has presented have been said by people like Marrs countless times before.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Before the object zips away, there's a brief flash in the top left corner of the frame. This flash is an RCS jet firing to maintain the correct bearing of the STS-48. It's clearer in this video because it hasn't been cropped to focus on the object. The action occurs at 1:50.

Yep, I two have been intrigued by this video since I first saw it. The NASA explanations put forth by Blo'berg and others work on the flash/firing of the RCS jet and the change of direction of the "ufo"/particle. BUT, what about what is seen leaving Earth's atmosphere? Explanation?...Either I haven't heard, or have forgotten...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Are we so sure that the object is leaving the Earth's atmosphere?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Are we so sure that the object is leaving the Earth's atmosphere?

Nope, not sure about anything. Should have posted "apparently" leaving Earths atmosphere....

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You might want to start here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By missed and admired member jkrog8

It takes a while to read all of them , but I`m shure you will find some pretty solid cases.

C.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
dont know how else to put this up here because i am new but i just took this outside of my house... what do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The STS-48 footage blew me away the first few times I saw it in the same way it did for thousands of others. I'm not as impressed by it these days after reading about water dumps and RCS jets.

(snip)

Thanks for including the unaltered version, Kandinsky. I downloaded it to my harddrive and it did in seconds! What I like most about this video, and you didn't spoil your reply by saying they were ice crystals, is that at 3:21 the "kicker" kicks in. You see the shuttle's camera moving down and att 3:21 you start to see the edge of the shuttle's bay and it's out focus! Meaning that when the camera was viewing the scene with the drifting objects, its focus was at a distance so that they can't be claimed to be ice crystals as some people like to claim (right, J.O.?). When ice crystals are ejected from the shuttle or they dislodge, they are near the shuttle and once a body is in motion it tends to stay in motion. So those gently drifting white objects had no association with the shuttle. Case closed!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

Yep, I two have been intrigued by this video since I first saw it. The NASA explanations put forth by Blo'berg and others work on the flash/firing of the RCS jet and the change of direction of the "ufo"/particle. BUT, what about what is seen leaving Earth's atmosphere? Explanation?...Either I haven't heard, or have forgotten...

I'm not endorsing the following, just posting it for further discussion:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
Shuttle "Discovery" - STS-48
The UFO is first picked up coming over the horizon when the shuttle is close to Lake Carnegie, WA. Later, the light flash and one contrail can be tracked back to Exmouth Bay near the North West Cape military facility. A second contrail can be tracked back to the Pine Gap military facility in central Australia.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I've read that argument before and it doesn't convince me. I sort of wish it did because I can still remember the feeling of amazement when I first saw it on TV.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I've read that argument before and it doesn't convince me. I sort of wish it did because I can still remember the feeling of amazement when I first saw it on TV.

My feeling of amazement was when I taped the first showing of the footage on national TV. When I looked at my taped footage, when the flash goes off and credited to the shuttle's thrusters I didn't know what to believe because on my screeen was a pattern that I couldn't explain and it occurred only with the flash. The footage was normal otherwise but that pattern...

And then when giving the thrusters consideration I started to notice that even though it is claimed that the thrusters were the result for the flash, the orientation of the shuttle didn't change! Shouldn't we have seen even a small change in view as the camera was "whipped" by the force. The shuttle didn't go forward, backward or sideways! What's the story?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Instead of calling greer a "proven hoax" how about you debunk his videos.. not just character assassination

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsNigh
what do you guys think?

I'm thinking it looks like some kind of lights in a fog. Streetlights? Alien flying saucer? Photoshop trickery?

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Photos/images are worthless without anything else to go with them.

That's what I think.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I don't know enough to make an informed comment so I'll write a couple of uninformed comments. The RCS jets allow for minor attitude adjustments and can be very subtle. In this case, I also looked to see evidence of pitch or yaw without success. The thing is, we can see the bloom of the RCS jet's ignition so it's clear that the jets are used there. Coming immediately before our object does it's direction change, I think it's the most reasonable explanation.

The other STS video, the STS-80 has been explained as ice particles too, but it's harder for me to accept that explanation.

reply to post by splint

Instead of calling greer a "proven hoax" how about you debunk his videos.. not just character assassination

The man, in his video above, claims that he and his team are 'vectoring' in UFOs at will. He debunks himself with claims like that, because they are so easy for him to state and so frigging impossible for him to prove. Use some logic, if he could really do this, he'd be proving the existence of alien life-forms and be guaranteed a place in the history books for eternity. Instead, he's showing people images of moths and selling lies to people who don't know better.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsNigh

Location please. What State and Country? There was another posting that got closed but it was described as a Glowing Orb I believe. Just want to know if this is from the same location and what time was this?

Sorry to the OP of this thread for being off topic but interested in these pictures.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join