It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest Human Remains Found!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
400,000 year old tooth found...in Israel. This is something to keep an eye on. This could flush the current model down the toilet.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
wow! id like to put that under my pillow. jokin. from what iv read it looks like there still research to be done its still up in the air if its human or not. and the cave is dated from 400,000 years to 200,000 years. even if its a 200,000 year old tooth its a nice discovery.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

They found tools as well. This could be a game changer.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Nice find. But I don't know about flushing the current model down the toilet. Even though we have found a tooth, that doesn't even compare to some of the other artifacts found. In my humble opinion, I do not believe in evolution, I think its more complex than that.....It is not linear at all, neither is Time. But the problem with me lies in the fact that species that evolve from each other are NOT suppose to co-exist with each other. Like the whole dinosaur to bird 'theory', birds didn't co-exist with dinosaurs and I accept the finer details regarding that particular theory. But, not this ape stuff, it has gone way too far.
One day we will have a superior science that is able to recognize apes and humans share a common ancestor. I would also like to add the fact that some apes even derive from the human species. Adaptation will explain why we have changed so many times. Due to the current state of our poles, we are not in our highest state of consciousness in comparison to some of the facts that lie within some of the more remote history.
Peace and Love

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
Nice find. But I don't know about flushing the current model down the toilet. Even though we have found a tooth, that doesn't even compare to some of the other artifacts found. In my humble opinion, I do not believe in evolution, I think its more complex than that.....It is not linear at all, neither is Time. But the problem with me lies in the fact that species that evolve from each other are NOT suppose to co-exist with each other. Like the whole dinosaur to bird 'theory', birds didn't co-exist with dinosaurs and I accept the finer details regarding that particular theory. But, not this ape stuff, it has gone way too far.
One day we will have a superior science that is able to recognize apes and humans share a common ancestor. I would also like to add the fact that some apes even derive from the human species. Adaptation will explain why we have changed so many times. Due to the current state of our poles, we are not in our highest state of consciousness in comparison to some of the facts that lie within some of the more remote history.
Peace and Love

Obviously evolution is not linear. But how isn't time? The string theory argument is the only possible argument that could be made, but that has nothing to do with evolution so shouldn't be mentioned. What do you mean species that evolve from each other aren't supposed to co-exist? Speciation takes millions of years, but thats the most broad form of evolution. You mustnt forget macroevolution, which can be observed by looking at Darwin's Finches, and microevolution, which you can test over the course of a few years while cutting your grass and watching the average height of the dandelions shrink.

I'd like to see some evidence for your claim that there are ape species that evolve from humans. I've spent many many hours in anthropology classes, and have never heard such a thing.

I hope by poles you are referring to something that I don't know about, and not the magnetic poles, which is absolutely well-known that it doesn't just change in a day, and nothing happens when they do change. It wont be the first time theyve changed, thats for sure.

Anyway, to add substance to the original post, I'd be surprised if this is confirmed to be human at 400k. 200k, much much more likely, especially with tools, although it's now recently been discovered that A. afarensis (~3.5mya) used tools.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Alas, this was posted in this forum a day or so earlier, and since we avoid duplicate threads, this one will be closed. Please continue to discuss this here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join