It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney's $250-Million 'Get Out of Jail Free' Card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Dick Cheney's $250-Million 'Get Out of Jail Free' Card

www.thenation.com

What's the going rate for getting a former vice president off the hook in a major criminal case that involves charges of government corruption and raises concerns about violent wrongdoing and even murder?If you're Dick Cheney, it's roughly $250 million.That's the amount that Halliburton and its former subsidiary KBR Inc. are reported, by Nigerian officials and international observers, to have paid to get the government of the African country to drop bribery charges
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27/12/2010 by Mirthful Me because: BBCode.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So, this is what Halliburton and Cheney did and can do. This man has no care for anything but money. If you watch any video or read anything about what has happened in Nigeria you would be disgusted. This is the man that ran our United States for 8 years. His company is now fracking the natural gas shale reservoirs and poising people's water supplies. Some here still want on ATS want the neocons to control our nation? not me say I.

www.thenation.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
cheney was never a politician, he was a big oil businessman or rather big energy businessman. that guy couldnt politic his way through student council, but he knew how to screw ahem i mean turn a profit for himself and his pet energy companies.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

and also control Bush like a puppet to do whatever he pleases. I am starting to believe that Cheney was behind the entire mess which was the Bush Jr era

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So, in order to avoid charges for bribery, they utilized more bribery.

You've got to love corporate justice.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by g raj

Its amazing what this world has come to... regardless of the fact these are human beings being affected just as the same human beings that were effected from the BP disaster in the Gulf it goes on and on. I hope justice is served to these criminal. Enough Corporatism already! Power to people not the the Corporations!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The way I see it, Dick Cheney is not out of the wood work yet. At least the Nigerians got some compensation for putting up with him. With the 9/11 movement getting stronger this guy is going to have some tough questions to answer soon.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

As much as people want to single out Chaney and Halliburton, this happens all the time. Since the Government of Nigeria is bringing the charges, they are within their rights to ajudicate it in any manner they see fit for their intrests.

Even if it means accepting a payoff...

new topics

top topics

join