It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying To Catch Footage Of Ghost(s)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
For the past few months my younger brother and I have been convinced that the house we live in is haunted.
My little brother has seen 'shadows' around the house a few times, but they've always looked the same so it could easily be one, never seen more than one at a time.

I sort of live in the basement, meaning I never leave it and every night in the laundry room I can hear things, there is the furnace and such in there so I disregard any banging noises, etc that I hear.
The strange this is whenever I am down here at night I can hear a banging upstairs, but if I am upstairs the banging is heard from downstairs. Nothing is ever heard during the day.

I've posted a thread or two about my 'history' with paranormal stuff, and I have only caught some footage on video one time. There was an orb which I will disregard, being it an orb.
But near the end of the video a blue light flew across the screen of the camera, that was in the basement here.

I was going to set the camera up in the living room tonight because my dogs have been acting strange lately, not thirty minutes ago my dog was whining, and barking a few minutes before that.
My brother's dog usually just stares at something and that's all, never whines or anything.

Sometimes in the middle of the night I will wake up because of me hearing a voice, I'll be thinking in my head with my eyes closed before I sleep, and a voice will interrupt my thoughts by sort of finishing them so to say.

Anyway, I'm setting the camera up in the laundry room like I said, the Nightmode + mode on the camera won't pick up anything in the living room area because it's such a big open space, laundry room is small but not very small.

Anybody have some pointers?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GraveDigger

You might be more likely to capture something if you try and interact with it. Good ghost video is very rare. You might try to communicate through EVPs. That is a much easier way to get results and answers.

My advice, talk to them like any other person. Tell them who you are, what your intentions are, ask them questions, their name, when they died, and so forth.

I would NOT suggest provoking them, you do have to live together and that wont go well if you are confrontational.

As far as video, make sure nothing can bump into it and you get as wide as possible a shot. You never know where something will happen.

Good luck! I hope you catch something. You'll have to post your results!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
By all means do as Madame Guillotine suggested, I would only offer that you really focus on those EVP's as they are much easier to capture and there is even free software on the web to help in isolating and enhancing the EVP. I wish you best of luck. I thougth my own house was haunted, but after a few nights of investigation I could easily dismiss or explain away all the things I thougth suggested a haunting. Oh well..woulda been neat. Good luck and please send us your evidence!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have over seventy minutes of video to go over, will begin watching tonight I think.
I don't have anything to record EVP with besides a wireless computer headset with a microphone on it, could that possibly work?
If I could get a link to that website that helps enhance the stuff that would be great too.

I'll keep you guys posted on whether or not I find anything.
I sure hope I do!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GraveDigger

One of the best EVPs I've ever heard was from a laptop in an empty building with a microphone recording. Go for it!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
evp all the way

video IMO too much trouble
you walk into a room and all of a suden its full of orbs! (dust from walking into room)
or you catch a shadow of yourself and get excited

only video i like to see is objects flying across the room and knowing its not fake lol

voices are hard to mistake esp if its clear as day and it has a conversation with you

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well there will be no shadows of anybody who is actually around the house because we are all sleeping at the time, I started recording around 2:30 - 3:00 AM.

I am curious on what is a good way to grab small clips of video and put the small clips together in a single video so I can upload a few things to youtube that I may happen to find on it... I already came across one thing within five minutes that I can't explain... May or may not be paranormal however there is a blinking light going off for about thirty seconds behind a chair in my laundry room... I want to grab that clip and put it together maybe zoom in on it etc, then have more unexplainable clips I may come across in it. Any ideas??

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
One thing that still aggravates me with the Ghost Hunters group, and it seems to me to be painfully obvious.

Note the number of "shadow" beings reported everywhere.

Note the reports of them crossing a hallway, an alley, or a doorway.

Why in Hades don't they put up a sheet a foot or so out from a back wall, and softly light it with a kid's nitelite?

That way, any shadow things that block out light will stick out like a turd in a bath tub.

One other thing. There are cameras that have the internal filters removed, so they can simultaneously shoot near infrared, visible, and uv.

That Nightshot crap doesn't ever seem to get anything.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm not much for nightshot but it's the best I can do with what I have at home.
Videos didn't pick much up besides the light I mentioned and some noises, going to try out some EVP in time here.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
For audio , you can download Audacity for free. You can also download a trial version of Goldwave. Personally I went ahead and bought the Goldwave because I just prefer it, the downside of Goldwave I havent figered out how to loop a section. Both programs are good but the filtering in Goldwave feels more user friendly to me. Good luck on catching something.

new topics

top topics

join