Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ley Lines, Neolithic Structures and Magnets.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by stellify

Did you read the earlier stuff about Orkney? I think its a rather large area

Yes, I did. I obviously did not find what I was looking for, otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question.

Am I bugging you?

Apologies for not asking enough hi-brow questions

Will butt out of thread.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Oh no sorry that 's not at all what i meant, it was obviously my oversight here. I have trouble locating any precise areas for that spot, other than the rough point given on the map. Thanks for replying

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
very intresting. i think we should have some more research done on ley lines. mabye we can learn to use them like the ancients.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Very good find. People make discoveries and invent things, and this knowledge is passed on and built upon. In this way, technology can increase within a society, but this is not because people become more intelligent. I don't think "cavemen" were what we think of them now. They didn't have books on chemistry,biology and math but it doesnt take a genius to know how hot water needs to be to boiled. Perhaps they used their senses more than their brain so they were able to harness the energies of the world it seems from discoveries they relied on the stars and the earth rather than the machines we have now. Imagine if you and your extended family were suddenly forced to migrate rapidly into an unpopulated wilderness. Even though you come from a society with great technology, it is likely that your family group would not carry all of the necessary knowledge with you to, for example, be able to find ore-bodies, and smelt and work metals. So you might choose to use stone tools to survive. I think we have always been intelligent, we become extinct and few survive then start all over again but with greater knowledge than before. Archaeologists studying ancient civilizations often report being ‘amazed’ or ‘surprised’ at the level of man’s skill in the distant past. Actually they’re surprised only because their evolutionary beliefs lead them to expect to find evidence of ‘primitive’ men, not intelligent ones.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

No, they did it like they pictured themselves doing it. With manpower, ramps, and tools. That's why we found ramps inside the pyramid when we scanned them.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Great thread! Not new info to many of us who've been interested in this subject for any time, but for those yet to delve into it a great synopsis.

There was a thread a couple of years ago about Ed Leedskalnin and his theories on gravity. Some enlightenment came out of it - specifically about how heat may be used to partially weaken the Earth's magnetic/gravitational pull.

Let me see if I can find it...

Ah, yes: The Secret Of Gravity Revealed - Scientific Experiment Included

I recommend it to those liking this thread.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Good ideas. The concept of gravity actually being magnetism, a product, and producer, of the electric field, is one that needs to be re-considered and looked into. As for the neo-lithic structures, yes there is significant purpose that they once held, im certain. It may have had to do with pressure waves (sound), and some types of resonance, as well as microphone like systems (think of a speaker, where it takes in an electric current, that is then run through a magnet, then changed into mechanical motion and a sound wave) and now run that in reverse. Some type of hydraulic acoustic device that created energy through the constant, high amplitude sounds that were somehow converted to magnetism-electricity. Water?

anyway, very thought provoking.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Very interesting.

Is there a complete map of the magnetic grid, or the "world grid"?

I have searched but couldn't find one.

Thanks.
edit on 28-12-2010 by ChinScratcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Is Oak Island near these Ley Lines?

If it is near any of the "nodes" or ley lines, then it might point toward a real treasure being there, and hidden with the help of ancient knowledge.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Great thread
As for the Coral Castle mechanism pictured, the device is simple, here is a modern version : www.dunereview.com... Look familiar ? Notice the black box that sits to the side on the modern version vs the inverted horse shoe on the original.

They are both Stators the one from the Coral Castle uses permanent magnets while the modern stator uses electromagnets. They are used to produce current. Or judging by the 'pick up"(the inverted horseshoe) he may have used the magnets to quiver or resonate a piece of metal as the magnets went by.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Maybe they used Wally Wallington technique?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-12-2010 by WinnieDaWho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was going to post the video in the post just above mine. It shows a man singlehandedly moving massive concrete blocks SINGLEHANDEDLY.

People always wonder and attribute mystical theories to the wonderful things that mankind is capable of using good old fasioned ingenuity. Hell, if the ancient greeks could make somthing as technologically and mathematically complex as the antikythera device, these really seem like nothing to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Glad to see people are starting to look into this stuff for themselves more...

Here's another idea for you to play around with for a while:

Moving objects with soundwaves

There's even info already here on ATS about it, I just checked:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It might "sound" funny (pun intended) but think about it for 2 seconds and I'm willing to bet one of the first images in your mind is the idea of a fat lady singing incredibly bad and breaking windows and wine glasses...
or maybe "open sesame" where the guy yells and the secret doorway opens up...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

maybe they didnt use magnets, maybe they used themselves?
cause dont we have our own electro magnetic field, kinda like a magnet?

im probably wrong, but just a thought running through my mind.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My understanding, which could be in error of course, is that humans were capable of complex construction well before 6,000 years ago, and that man was not merely what we think of today as cavemen (in terms of raw intelligence at least) by that time.

As I understand it, until roughly 50,000 years ago, there was a high degree of homogeneity between disparate primitive cultures. Around that time, we began to create cave paintings, and used tools and tactics to a higher degree, and with greater novelty and variety. By roughly 40,000 years ago human beings had roughly the same cognitive capacity as today. Only their tools, resources, and knowledge differed from ours.

Even from roughly 40,000 to roughly 13,000 years ago, the distinctions between various cultures appear to have been relatively minor. After around 13,000 years ago however (and possibly earlier,) sedentary settlements began to spring up.

en.wikipedia.org...

Roughly 11,500 Near the Euphrates, a temple-like structure existed in what is now southeastern Turkey. Its earliest form consisted of monolithic pillars connected by roughly built walls, which formed circular or ovalular shaped structures. Some of these pillars featured carved reliefs of animals and other symbols. 11,000 to 10,000 years ago, this temple was expanded with the construction of adjacent rectangular rooms with floors of polished lime.

Göbekli Tepe

Around 12,000 to 10,000 years ago, agriculture is believed to have developed in the fertile crescent. Jericho was founded shortly thereafter.

By 7,000 to 6,000 years ago, the Proto-indo-European culture had devised what may be the oldest cosmology that we have a record of; a religion including a caste system with priests, and other clerics overseeing lower warrior/hunter and peasant or animal husband castes.

Proto-indo-Europeans
Proto-indo-European religion

So we were already thinking, acting, and abstracting in all of the ways that would necessitate the construction of temples or other sacred structures well before 6,000 years ago, according to what we know thus far. (Which could, as recently elucidated by the possible discovery of modern human remains hundreds of thousands of years older than previously thought, be completely turned on its head at any time of course, for all we know.)

That said, I have always been fascinated by the concept of ley lines, and I believe anything is possible when it comes to a history we have little direct access to due to time and decay. Furthermore, new research suggests the possibility that our entire carbon dating method may be wholly unreliable and not as precise as we long believed.

So as usual I'm left with the same question I always am: what do we really know for certain?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

Do you reckon the Wally Wallington technique could be used to have moved these:

Ba'albek, Lebanon

the approximate weight of this stone is 1158.696 tons. Three other smaller stones under 'The Grand Terrace' of the temple itself are also estimated to weigh from between 750 and 1,000 tons each (9), and there are several other colossal stones to be seen around the great 'Temple of the Sun' at Ba'albek. The stones were cut from red granite. All the large stones used for the temple of the sun at Ba'albek were quarried from the same location, and taken over half a mile uphill to build the great temple.

The Ramesseum, Egypt

Only fragments of the base and torso remain of the colossal statue of the enthroned Ramasses, (19m high and weighing around 1000 tons). The stone for the statue was transported 170 miles over land from Aswan to Thebes. This would have once been the largest statue (except statues carved in situ) in the world.

Source

Poulnabrone Portal Tomb

Poulnabrone Portal Tomb, megalithic monuments, Karst limestone, in a field East of Ballyvaughan, Ireland

I dont know how much this last megalith weighs but im baffles as to how they got that rock on top of the others!

Anyway interesting thread!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

It's lucky he's got that perfectly smooth concrete surface to work with. That "stone henge arc" is a joke. It's a fraction of the size of the actual stone henge arcs, and it wasn't dragged hundreds of miles across the country from where it was quarried. It didn't show him making it and he didn't explain how he got the stone on top of the two posts. Even if he could explain it, it is no way comparable to stone henge because of its puney size.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Awesome thread, great work.

It is hard to dismiss these ancient juggernauts of stone construction.

It only makes sense that Gravity is some sort of result due to magnetism.

Wish I had time to post more.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
have a butchers at this, i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before(i dont think it has anyway; )-

www.code144.com...

here's a few threads on it- www.abovetopsecret.com... bovetopsecret.com%2Fforum%2Ftoday.php#1145

namaste

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i've a feeling, if anyone discoveres how the pre-flood megalithic stuff was built, we''ll have to throw all newtons gravity books in the bin.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join