It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ley Lines, Neolithic Structures and Magnets.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I would like to begin this post by saying that I have not come to any conclusions and about this topic. Rather I am merely presenting a series of thoughts, based on recent research I have been doing. Some of the things here have been discussed on ats in detail before.

I have been utterly baffled about this subject, I have been having dreams about it most nights and I awoke a few minutes ago with the absolute need to spew out some of these thoughts on Ley Lines. Magnets, and their possible role in the creation of giant neolithic structures around the world.

One note is that I am in no way a physics or science major.

For centuries neolithic structures around the world have baffled scientists. Giant stone structures have appeared miles away from stone quarries and up huge mountains on plains that have no trees to roll or transport the stones. One could ramble about the limitations of our understanding in reference to the construction of many of these structures for hours. The question I am asking in this thread, something that has both fascinated and baffled me, is:

Did the Egyptians. Mayans, Incas etc etc use MAGNETS and MAGNETIC CURRENT to move the giant stones needed to build their huge structures?

Is THIS the secret knowledge apparently passed down from the gods?

Is THIS the reason that these structures still baffle us?
Do the Ley lines harness great energy? Could the ancients somehow harness his energy through the use of magnets?

I personally believe that if this is the case, many questions must follow.

First off i want to look at a place called Rock Gate in Florida, built around 1929.

Built by Ed Leedskalnin, apparently single handedly over a period of thirty years using magnetic currents.
Ed frequently claimed to friends that he had discovered the secrets of the Egyptian pyramids. The site interestingly sits on a Ley line, with ed having to previously move the site as his calculations were a little off. He wrote a book about his theory and technologies called "Magnetic Currents", which can be found here:

www.scribd.com...

The basic premise of the theory is that the Earth is a giant magnet.The north and south poles are both magnets which hold our planet together.

As I Said in the beginning, the North and South pole magnets they are the cosmic force. They hold together this earth and everything on it, and they hold the moon together too.

He believes that gravity is not so much gravity as it is a magnetic force generated by the pull of the poles. So to move the stones you need to somewhat reverse that pull somehow, creating a field of energy between the stone and the ground.
Ed was apparently seen moving stones as if they were balloons, 'levitating' them.

Then, we also have the case of the Acoustic Levitation of stones in Tibet.
Where monks used Instruments and mathematic calculations to levitate stones up through the air, up giant mountains.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Could this technique have been used to transport giant stones to sites??

Ley Lines are a series of lines that cover our globe in a geometric pattern connecting to neolithic structures, stone circles, pyramids and also mysterious areas, such as the bermuda triangle the japanese devils sea, also known as the dragons triangle, and many others.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is said that these lines harness energy, and one can exploit this energy in certain geographical locations. Some claim that UFO's use these vile vortices and Ley lines to navigate and travel the planet, exploiting the magnetic energy available, with many strange sightings around these areas, but that is another issue.

So here is where my thinking has taken me, I hope this has not been too boring.

They have recently discovered underwater cities off the coast of India, Japan and Cuba that have huge stone structures, similar to that of other ancient sites and monuments.

The fact that they are far underwater indicates that they were made BEFORE the melting of the last ice age, meaning that the people who made it must have been cavemen/hunter gatherers, according to modern history and science.
news.nationalgeographic.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
Is it possible that the people who made these huge stone structures also had this magnet technology, or the knowledge of the power of the magnetic energy around the ley lines? All three cities sit in and around major Ley lines.

If it is the case that they have used this knowledge to make these structures, and they WERE made before the melting of the last ice age i.e possibly more than 10,000 years ago (civilizations are said to not have existed until around 6000 years ago) then many questions have to be asked. How did cavemen possess knowledge of mathematics and magnetic currents?? Who really DID make these structures?

I am interested in how this all fits together, really trying to get my head around it all. I think that the strange anomalies around these areas are enough proof that some kind of energy is generated in these areas, something that we currently do not understand. And the reading I have been doing has led me to believe that these things are all in some way connected. What do YOU think? Is it really that crazy to connect these things?

Thank you for reading, I really hope it has been coherent enough and it's not all too crazy. Sir Slide

MODS: Please move if forum is not applicable, was really not sure where to put it. Thanks

edit on 27-12-2010 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Good research

I believe that the knowledge of Ley Lines predates the ice age, just as your research shows. How could they have figured out how to use magnets, in such a short period of time? as far as evolution goes, it is very difficult for me to believe that hunter gathers / cave men were making these monuments. I just can't see them having an interest in living anywhere outside of nature. I don't see them feeling like they need to build a city, to live sedentary, temples are made for societies that are based on agriculture. I don't see nomads building temples. I don't know though, perhaps it just means that humans have been around a lot longer than we believed, and that they were intelligent and knew how to manipulate their environment.

It does pose an interesting question.
I have felt the power of the ley lines, there is a difference.
Anyone else agree with me on this?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Oh I agree completely, agriculture is said to have appeared around 8000-7000BC, I do not understand how any of these findings fit into to our understanding of human history, our origins are even bought into question by these findings.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

You need to be a good boy, and go back and read the accepted Institutionalized consensus scientific explanation. And from now on don't be running around thinking you can figure this out for yourself. Trust us! We know better than you.

Seriously though. All you have to do is stop seeing mans progression as a straight line, and start seeing mans progression as a sine wave, and you'll see how this is not only possible, but maybe even inevitable. Just my two shillings

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
very interesting information, and your suggestion that magnetic energies were involved in building the pyramids, large stone walls, etc.

Ley lines not only create vortices but the "off shoots" have been mapped as well. In another post here at www.abovetopsecret.com... the idea of water and electricity and magnetics has been suggested as a way of moving these large stones as well.

Imagine, you use the ley line map, and super charge, say salt water, that may flow in the same direction as what ever you are building or moving....with lets say a full moon, and the right temperature and the proper musical tones, you have just moved the stones from their original location to create Stonehenge.

There is so much that can be accomplished with the power of nature...it was given to us....sadly, humankind has decided to focus on technology that feeds their ego instead of working with a technology that is within the circle of creation.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Well said!
Someone mentioned that the stones for stone henge were supposed to have come from Wales, that seems like a big distance for stones weighing 30 tonnes or so (correct me if they weigh more or less). So is it the salt water in the ocean that can be charged through magnetic energy and other things, and then traveled on or manipulated to move the stones? Sorry if that sounds daft, I don't really understand.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Well said!
Someone mentioned that the stones for stone henge were supposed to have come from Wales, that seems like a big distance for stones weighing 30 tonnes or so (correct me if they weigh more or less). So is it the salt water in the ocean that can be charged through magnetic energy and other things, and then traveled on or manipulated to move the stones? Sorry if that sounds daft, I don't really understand.

Thank you for reading my comment. I feel that though salt water from the ocean may have been used, and thousands of years ago the salt levels in the ocean would have been quite different than today and possibly more stable in an environment that was much "cleaner" than ours. Then again, maybe the druids knew of a way to put the saline solution at the highest levels and keep them constant by adding natural salt to the water....

Anywhoo...this is just an idea that has touched me since I have been reading the thread about water and electricity...not saying this is what was done....then again...maybe it could have been done. Just because a lot of human kind think they know more than the ancestors....I do not believe they do.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Another thing I would like mention is the existance of a mysterious box. The box sits above the tripod used to move the stones, it is the only part of his process left somewhat unexplained as no one knows exactly what was in it.

You can notice the box sitting on top of the tripod here. It could be possible that this was the extra device needed to provide the magnetic current needed to levitate the stones. It is unlikely that a man of such small stature (120 pounds or so) was able to transport the stones only using a wooden tripod and chains, by himself. without some other kind of assistance.

Another interesting note is the legend of a mysterious craft that was washed up in Japan around 1800, it is depicted as a disk shaped craft, typical of ET craft depictions. It was opened up and out came a beautiful woman, clutching a mysterious box, who refused to let anyone near it. Could this box/device have been used to magnetize the craft in some way?

Thread on Utsuro Bune, the japanese legend:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Dear sir_slide

The fact with all this stuff is this.

The boffins wrote the books we have today, and they all sit around and congratulate themselves on a job well done.

Therefore they do not want to answer these anomalies. In most cases they do not even want to consider them. Being that that would be bad for their intellectual standing. Just the same as the boffins and UFO’s.

Too me it seams that there was a time before our history as we know it today began.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

First off i want to look at a place called Rock Gate in Florida, built around 1929.

Built by Ed Leedskalnin, apparently single handedly over a period of thirty years using magnetic currents.
Ed frequently claimed to friends that he had discovered the secrets of the Egyptian pyramids. The site interestingly sits on a Ley line, with ed having to previously move the site as his calculations were a little off. He wrote a book about his theory and technologies called "Magnetic Currents", which can be found here:

It's not called "Rock Gate," it's called the Coral Castle. Rock Gate is merely a structure withing the Coral Castle compound. There is little evidence that Ed used magnetic currents to lift the coral blocks, and none that he used them to cut the stones. Ed appeared to have a mastery of block and tackle, cutting, leverage and patience.

There is a Ley Line running through the compound and visitors are free to "play" with it as I have on several occasions. The Coral castle is an absolutely amazing site and I highly recommend anyone who is in South Florida visit.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

My mistake about the name. He is supposed to have used this device as part of the process, apparently he would wind it up and then get to work.

It is a device that uses some kind of magnetic energy, if you read his journal on magnetic currents you can see how this may have worked. www.scribd.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Another thing I would like mention is the existance of a mysterious box. The box sits above the tripod used to move the stones, it is the only part of his process left somewhat unexplained as no one knows exactly what was in it.

I see Mirthful's beaten me to the punch on Ed. The "mysterious device" you are looking at is part of the drive train of a truck of that era.

As to "magnetism", there's no real use of it in the cultures you mentioned. The magnetic poles actually wander around quite a bit... several hundred miles.
en.wikipedia.org...

So how do they get a straight line? Simple.

Go outside in the morning (no, I'm not kidding) and put a stick down. That stick will give you an east-west line that will be perfectly east-west if you do it right around the Equinoxes. Draw a right angle to that line, and you get absolute true north (planet rotation, not magnetic.)

No high tech needed. You can extend the lines as far as you like.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I tried looking up drivetrains from the era with no luck, would this have been used to help the chains rotate and pick up the stones??

I'm aware that there is a tilt in the poles as the earth rotates, but would this move the ley lines around the earth as it tilted? If this is so, then maybe they could only harness the energy when certain astrological alignments are made, i.e when the poles are at a unique spot??

There has been no talk of magnets among the ancient societies, but some of the ones i presented currently do not have builders that we are aware of. We don't know who made them, so we obviously do not know of any talk they made of magnets. And we also know that many of these structures are said in legend to have been made by the gods or with the assistance of the gods, or with the secrets of the gods, for me, all these things seem to point in some way towards this.
edit on 28-12-2010 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Absolutely, it would completely undermine years of their work, and there is obviously no incentives for them to do this, they will be long gone before we can apply this knowledge, thanks for the reply.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I have some pretty firm views on this subject.

I beleive the points where they leys intersect can be used as a point to draw energy and is why they are almost always physically marked in some way. Sometimes it's a megalith or a circle, more often it's a church or other structure. Lots of Ley lines end where wells either spring or terminate. This is some kind of geological energy we do not fully scientifically understand. Take a look at this map;

www.megalith.ukf.net...

It's Aubrey Burl's Map. It shows every stone circle and row in the UK. If you look at the north east corner, i.e. Aberdeenshire in Scotland, there are hundreds more than anywhere else. ( Click and zoom in you will see how many.) This gives the north east of Scotland the biggest concentration of known ley lines anywhere on earth and the highest concentration of ley line intersections. The stones and megaliths themselves dont have anything to do with the grid of energy they mark, they are only markers. This grid is everywhere on earth why its marked in some places and not others I think we can easily surmise..

These 're-fuelling spots' for want of a better term became places of interest due to the 'whatevers' that frequently appeared there. Repeat visits no doubt incentified by the flattering 'building of markers' and no doubt lighting of fires at night to incentify the visitors return. This resulted in a friendship between the vistors and the ancient pictish tribes of Scotland. Small pocket sized representations of the shape changing craft they used (like many balls stuck together) have been found by archaelogists around North east Scotland Specifically Aberdeenshire and Buchan. Where the highest concentration of circles is. These havent been found in any grave sites, they are always hidden, almost like a cache, or to not be found. There are lots of them around. Most folk think they were used as some kind of currency. I think there is a lot more to it than that. en.wikipedia.org...

I think these were carried around as some kind of id or membership card, possibly even to act as keys of some type to interact with the ley line energy grid or the craft that re-fuel from it in some way. Or maybe they are just childrens toys. Representations of the things that came from the sky in winter bringing food and warmth..

There are two reasons I beleive all this stuff. One is I used to work around the area where a lot of the stone balls have been found and I used to drive my van into a hidden farm track eat lunch and sleep. One day the farmer who owned the track woke me up and proceded to tell me all about ley lines and his dowsing. Even mentioning he has a huge family and seven kids who could all dowse. I mentioned to him about the stone balls having recently read about them and I was kind of hoping to see one or find out where to look for one and he told me a lot of them were found by dowsing but they usually dont say that when they donate them to the museums for obvious reasons. These are tiny objects that act like ley lines. according to him. I remember this conversation clearly it was in the summer of 1997. he had a wooden dowsing rod on him and he definitely beleived everything he was telling me. Great guy. Wether you beleive dowsing works or not you have to wonder about what kind of a stone acts like a ley line and is detectable as one.

Second reason is my one and only UFO encounter. I was eleven years old and a bit of a buff on the subject already. It was 1979 in the early dawn hours of one morning I watched 3 craft make one by one visits to the surface from hovering about 1/4 mile up. Over half an hour it took, they then just vanished. That weekend I hiked to the spot I saw them land, about a mile from my house. I found a stone circle there. A very little known and completely unmarked one. Being eleven years old I wasnt really taken seriously about it by the grown-ups but it still makes me smile to remember it. I was so happy about it. The circle I'm talking about is Binghill, it's on Burl's map. Strangely a local urban myth says that circle was built by hippies in the 60's using a tractor. I looked it up and it was surveyed and recorded as there in 1904 and is listed in the rcahms database as such. The combination of all that and the strange and rabid way the farmer always behaved (and a total refusal to acknowledge the public right of way and lack of tresspass laws in Scotland) Tells me this circle was one of the few still active as a refuelling point in the late 1970s and the 1980's with a possible wee club of contactees covering it up and keeping it secret.

So, Ley lines? YES. big bloody yes. Free Energy. If we can get control of the planet back we might be running our cars off it someday

edit on 28-12-2010 by angus1745 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

Thanks so much for posting this, Greatly appreciated, will have a better response shortly.
My mother was raised on the Orkney islands, and when we visited we went to numerous neolithic sites, large stone circles all over the place, maeshowe and skara brae etc. It is interesting that Orkney sits right on one of these major points for energy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh yes and the ring of Brodgar:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Really interested in the diagram under the evil vortices one.

Where the number 11 looks like it's over the NE of Scotland.

What does this represent?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stellify

It represents a point where the ley lines meet, usually a place of anomaly, but it seems in this case, a place where there are many neolithic structures, most likely because of it's placement on this grid.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

It represents a point where the ley lines meet, usually a place of anomaly, but it seems in this case, a place where there are many neolithic structures, most likely because of it's placement on this grid.

This is exactly the area I live in.

However, I wonder the basis this diagram has been calculated on - who the authority was.

I have been searching for a detailed ley line map of the NE Scotland area and cannot find one anywhere.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Did you read the earlier stuff about Orkney? I think its a rather large area

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join