It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans continually vote for sociopaths?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc

People vote for sociopaths because they are themselves sociopaths.

It's OK for the reason that we are those very same sociopaths we seem to love and need controlling us, again, all under the guise of freedom.

I've made a lot of assumption there, but ask yourself if they hold water, and I think they do.
Happy New Year.

edit on 12/27/2010 by reticledc because: (no reason given)

You have made huge assumptions. Quite far reaching ones.

I've studied sociopathology in some detail since I lost nearly a decade of my life in a relationship with one that nearly resulted in my death. Based on personal experience, and having had my life destroyed by a psychopath, I felt at the very least I needed to learn as much as I could about the 'enemy within'.

Statistically, 1 in 20 people are psychopaths. They are numerous, but you are incorrect to assume we are all, or the majority, psychopathic.

For example, in my last job, I was able to identify the 3 psychopaths in a company of around 65 individuals. Each one of them was different from the other, but because I had the knowledge I was able to pinpoint who was, and who wasn't. What disturbed me the most was the ignorance of those around me. What bothered me was how easily I noticed colleagues being manipulated, by two female psychopaths in particular. And to add to the problem, both these women quickly identified each other and started working together to undermine.

You assume people 'love' psychopaths. And you are somewhat right, particularly when it involves a personality cult - like Hitler.

People are weak. Look at my link to the Stamford Prison Experiment. Because psychopaths are perceived as being strong or charismatic, they are often elevated to positions of power by the weak - why Bush II and Bliar were able to secure second terms. Actually, psychopaths are the weakest of all as their personalities are fundamentally flawed and in their own eyes, can do no wrong. Look at the video evidence of Bliar trying to justify taking the United Kingdom to war on three seperate occasions.

As I said before, the only way to protect modern civilisation from psychopaths is to root them out, weed them out, expose and uncover them. Until we do that, our future as a civilisation is shaky at best. Beware, and be aware, of the wolf in the sheeps clothing, for he will terrorise and destroy the herd, if given the oppportunity...
edit on 28-12-2010 by the.lights because: tired

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Its because the Two party system is a complete failure. Allowing the public to vote for their candidate, while the powers that be know all to well that the choice has already been made for them. So, the public keeps on voting, with the " feeling " of contribution, feeling like they are a part of something, when it true reality, those whom are already in office, or attempting to gain office, have those lobbyists in their back pockets. Case in point: If you look at the numbers, and only the numbers from just the states during an election, the popularity vote should be the deciding factor. But no, we see a candidate with the most popular votes lose to a candidate because of the electoral. One of the biggest " lies" brought on to the American People.....a lie that lives on.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Probably because sociopaths are the only people that would spend 100s of millions of dollars campaigning for a $250k per year job.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Vote Cthulhu

Why settle for the lesser of two evils....

Seriously - voting against someone is certain to weaken the candiates that are or .. will be.. available to us.

In addition, our media is happy to dig up dirt on anyone who runs for major office - their families, their friends, things they did 40 years ago, etc. No one on their right mind wants to or will want to run for public office.

It just isn't worth it anymore.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join