It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consumer Propaganda News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
www.financialpost.com...

Following a strong rebound from the recession, Canada’s economic growth is losing momentum, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce said in its economic outlook for 2011 released Monday. Read more: www.financialpost.com...

Well its no really surprising but this boxing day (Canadian Black Friday) and not to mention shopping craziness in the usa.

The USA and Canadian media took this and made it as a spin to say that there is a recovery and that Consumer shopping is the first sign that there is a recovery, yet this year i haven't bought anything personally i have been to the stores lately before this shopping maddens happened, if you ask me all the prices on things are the same and are quite high.

So what do you make of this headline story and the shopping maddens?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My reply is to always question who did whatever poll being headlined. Who paid the bill?
I feel bad for journalism. Went straight down the toilet, long time ago, when we weren't looking.

The C of C?
The booming business promoters - floggers of "facts" as they write them - I mean see them. I mean, have them polled as.

A co-worker said they were at walmart yesterday at around 9:30 a.m., and there wasn't a soul around.
I won't get in to what I think of walmart and what it does and will do for any local economy.
Don't know why people shop there.

You're right, the prices are high, and ditto on the lack of need to purge on madness and hype.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The day after Christmas, the local Wal Mart was literally bursting at the seams. I live in West Texas, where the economy is pretty strong due to oil and wind (and solar, once they build the solar field in March). People have some money to spend around here.

I spent the same amount that i set aside every year. Ended up with about the same quantity.

new topics

join