It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the Catholic Church ever do to You?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
question, i would really like to no is why would anyone have to sell there soul, mind, to a overseer to direct them or there hearts, this to me is the first step to enslavment. am i wrong.
why not explore your own consciousness continuously for yourself, to find your own truth, i dont understand why anyone wold ever consider religion as a option. Is it fear, do people feel vulnerable, what is it specifically that makes people want to sell themselves to a dictator,

For me i found my own heart/ soul/ intuition guides me and religion has nothing to do with truth, love, intelligence, Religion its a spiritual dictatorship leading you in a lie. they use truth fear love belief faith to keep you indoctrinated in there program. Get a spiritual backbone and own your own power and youll see the lie your in and jesus to me has nothing to do with religion, somewhere along the line of mega maniacs they took jesus teachings and group hug and turned it into a cult. Seperate the teachings from the religion and youll see what im talkig about. once you know the truth from jesus heart religion no longer applies and you can own your own truth, you dont need a religion to now everything jesus new or knows. Perfectly clear to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Jesus Christ did not start the Catholic Church...that was started by Rome...hence the term ROMAN CATHOLIC...if Jesus started it, it would have been called what he started, which is Christianity.

Now, to answer your question... The Catholic Church did nothing to me personally, besides bore and astonish me. It is a cult...full of rituals. We, as a society, tend to look down on cults, unless they are huge like this one. If many people believe in a cult, then it cannot be that bad right?

Seriously, though foundation of the Catholic faith has value and merit. The teachings of Jesus are quite beneficial. However, when you put those teachings into the hands of money and power hungry men (wait, I thought that the clergy had a oath of poverty), then it all goes down hill...with the mind control, the rules, the GUILT...it is not worth the price of admission.

So, you may ask, what do I follow? Well, if I had my way, I would follow God, as I believe God does exist...and I do follow God. However, I also belong to the Nazarene Faith, as it is geared more towards LAF, which is Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness.... The service is better, the people are nicer, and I just seem to fit there better then the cold and unforgiving Catholic Church.

So, without boring you all to death, that is where I stand. Don't get me wrong, if you are Catholic, that is great. I am happy for you, and you are stronger willed than I am...it just was not for me with all the corruption and the pedophilia of the past years...I would rather not be associated with it anymore.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Your post does not make sense to me. Jesus Himself established the Church. The apostles were the first Priests and Bishops...this is documented Historical Fact! Every other Christian denomination on earth was established by fallible men. From Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came to the Apostles...they then went out and built the organization we know of as the Catholic Church...for the sole purpose to spread the good news of the gospel. Every copied manuscript, every piece of art and music, every handcrafted crucifix every stained glass window...all the frescoes, art, statuary and church building that have been built by the people of the Catholic faith for the singular purpose of spreading the Gospel and helping more people gain salvation. Hospitals, Orphanages, the University System, the Scientific Method, are all from the Catholic Church. They are such a strong successful and far reaching group because they have two things going for them: the TRUTH and Good Will to all. The Church has one goal....for an many people as possible to gain salvation through Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well, here is proof of the Church protecting their pedophiles instead of defrocking them.

Proof

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

Catholicism is the establishment of Christianity! The word Catholic means Universal....meaning for Everyone. A Church is not a place it is people. Jesus established the church with Peter.....he said to Peter....You are the Rock on whom I will establish my church! How can you deny these historical facts? The Mass and the Sacraments were part of Christianity from the beginning of the church ...to which we even know the day it began...the first Pentecost! There is historical record of the apostles going out as priests and celebrating Mass in all the world just as Jesus instructed and the record of which is in the Gospel according to John.

Catholics are the true Christians living in the fullness of the one TRUE FAITH!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

while I can't agree with everything you said, I do agree that Jesus himself did not start anything called the Catholic church, nor did he himself actively found a movement called Christianity. Both came after Jesus & were based on his teachings but neither was started by him.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here is how the Holy Roman Catholic Church, my church, our church was established.... (everyone is Catholic by the way-it is just they have a choice to refuse that fact)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Seriously, 99 % of all you posters out there seem to have beef with the catholic church. The Church Jesus Christ himself established. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ? The Church has always been there though out the ages always giving and supporting people in need.You cant always turn toward your family but you can always count on the Catholic church. (hypocrites)

Mods, please post this where you seem fit. Thanks OO
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

Olive, 99% of posters here have a problem with most religions, not just Catholicism. I am proudly one of the 99%.
why? because i've been there and done that ... experience speaks volumes and while the CC does do good deeds, it is not compromised or led by a multitude of righteous or worthy souls. To me, it is the equivalent of the deaf leading the blind but that's my personal opinion.

To answer your question more directly -- What is your problem? -- please allow me to list some of them for you ... The promulgation, progression and personal perspective resulting from their perpetual lies ... shall we start there?
for example: "The Church Jesus Christ himself established" -- for the record, Jesus established NO church and certainly none as they are known today. Jesus was crucified by the powers of the Catholic Church. Jesus was abused by a Catholic soldier. Jesus, as child of God, deserved better yet the CC disagreed.

Prior and current acts of the Church disgust me. Nazis disgust me and the current leader of the Catholic Church is a former Nazi youth. Need more? The Church does not practice what it preaches. The Church refuses to acknowledge, study, accept or even peruse Bilical Books that They decided weren't applicable.

The only book or gospel that is specifically "God's word" was written by Thomas Jefferson and is not circulated to the masses ... those that are, All of the ones i've read, interject stories and dictates. They've all been re-written multiple times and the Catholic Church (given the greatest longevity) has only recently addressed their errors over Galileo, Druidism and other evils they've perpetuated for centuries. No organized religion enjoys or benefits from my support. Also, life experiences have taught me better. Prayers that you too will one day see a brighter light.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

I would argue with you, the oldest christian curches are ortodox situated in Israel, the notion of the ortodox jew.
Ortodixism is older that the catholic faith.

link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Seriously, 99 % of all you posters out there seem to have beef with the catholic church. The Church Jesus Christ himself established. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ? The Church has always been there though out the ages always giving and supporting people in need.You cant always turn toward your family but you can always count on the Catholic church. (hypocrites)

Mods, please post this where you seem fit. Thanks OO
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

Olive, 99% of posters here have a problem with most religions, not just Catholicism. I am proudly one of the 99%.
why? because i've been there and done that ... experience speaks volumes and while the CC does do good deeds, it is not compromised or led by a multitude of righteous or worthy souls. To me, it is the equivalent of the deaf leading the blind but that's my personal opinion.

To answer your question more directly -- What is your problem? -- please allow me to list some of them for you ... The promulgation, progression and personal perspective resulting from their perpetual lies ... shall we start there?
for example: "The Church Jesus Christ himself established" -- for the record, Jesus established NO church and certainly none as they are known today. Jesus was crucified by the powers of the Catholic Church. Jesus was abused by a Catholic soldier. Jesus, as child of God, deserved better yet the CC disagreed.

Prior and current acts of the Church disgust me. Nazis disgust me and the current leader of the Catholic Church is a former Nazi youth. Need more? The Church does not practice what it preaches. The Church refuses to acknowledge, study, accept or even peruse Bilical Books that They decided weren't applicable.

The only book or gospel that is specifically "God's word" was written by Thomas Jefferson and is not circulated to the masses ... those that are, All of the ones i've read, interject stories and dictates. They've all been re-written multiple times and the Catholic Church (given the greatest longevity) has only recently addressed their errors over Galileo, Druidism and other evils they've perpetuated for centuries. No organized religion enjoys or benefits from my support. Also, life experiences have taught me better. Prayers that you too will one day see a brighter light.

link   

I would argue with you, the oldest christian curches are ortodox situated in Israel, the notion of the ortodox jew.
Ortodixism is older that the catholic faith.

link   
DP removed.
edit on 28-12-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

To me personally nothing, to my ancestors lots, I am not going to go into details, suffice to say early generations of my family were in the Catholic clergy, some left, I know way to much about the Catholic church from them.

Not to Godwin the thread but a picture is worth a thousand words, enough said.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74b6c4d0e5df.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The Catholic Church was started by the Roman's. Over the centuries , laws were issued that made possession of the Bible illegal for any Christian layman. During those centuries of the Inquisition in Europe there were appalling penalties, including burning at the stake, for anyone found to possess a copy of the Scriptures. During the Dark Ages even priests were unable to read Latin manuscripts of the Bible themselves. As a result of their ignorance of the Bible they were unable to compare the false doctrines that were wide spread in the Medieval Roman church against the Word of God. Few Christian today realize that it was illegal to possess a copy of the Bible in Italy until 1870 due to the hatred of the apostate church officials for the truth of the Scriptures.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Text

Originally posted by pepsi78 reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

I would argue with you, the oldest christian churches are Orthodox situated in Israel, the notion of the Orthodox Jew. Ortodixism is older that the catholic faith.

Once again ...ill informed. The Church began as one Catholic Church, with Peter the head...established in Rome. The Catholic Church Grew into 23 Catholic Rites...but all true and Catholic. We were discussing the establishment of Christianity, not Judaism...unless you mean an Eastern Rite Church.

Eastern Rite Catholic Churches include:

Alexandrian liturgical tradition
• Coptic Catholic Church
• Ethiopic Catholic Church

Antiochian (Antiochene or West-Syrian) liturgical tradition
• Maronite Church
• Syrian Catholic Church
• Syro-Malankara Catholic Church

Armenian liturgical tradition:
• Armenian Catholic Church

Chaldean or East Syrian liturgical tradition:
• Chaldean Catholic Church
• Syro-Malabar Church

Byzantine (Constantinopolitan) liturgical tradition:
www.byzcath.org...
• Albanian Byzantine Catholic Church
• Belarusian Greek Catholic Church
• Bulgarian Greek Catholic Church
• Byzantine Church of the Eparchy of Križevci
• Greek Byzantine Catholic Church
• Hungarian Greek Catholic Church
• Italo-Albanian Catholic Church
• Macedonian Greek Catholic Church
• Melkite Greek Catholic Church
• Romanian Church
• Russian Byzantine Catholic Church
• Ruthenian Catholic Church
• Slovak Greek Catholic Church
• Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church

Some History:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12/28/2010 by Missing Blue Sky because: fix quote

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

edit on 12/28/2010 by Missing Blue Sky because: romove for double post

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

wiki.answers.com...'What_is_the_oldest_Christian_church_in_history'
'What is the oldest Christian church in history'?

Read more: wiki.answers.com...'What_is_the_oldest_Christian_church_in_history'#ixzz19VohQ7ff

The Oldest Church in Christian History is the Church founded by Chirst himself at Pentacost in AD 33. This Church is known today as the Orthodox Church.

Read more: wiki.answers.com...'What_is_the_oldest_Christian_church_in_history'#ixzz19VoTzagq

As I said, ortodox religion is older than the catholic one, in tradition in anything you like. It has no aditions like rapture, or pray. It deals with beiliving in the supreme, different from faith that states there is no free will.
You know that saing "your faith is sealed" I see them as two different religios sistems really.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

The Church Jesus Christ himself established.

as your premise opens with a blatant lie , is there any point in discusing facts with you ?

Don't be so hard on her, obviously she doesn't know, I doubt she is intentionally lying.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
OP is obviously trolling here and trying to get flags and points.

Better thread:

What has the government done for you?
edit on 12/28/2010 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I think you should do some research before making posts like this. The Catholic Church isn't the only Church that claims to be the original stream stemming from Christ. Eastern Orthodoxy does also.

The difference? Study the Great Schism of 1054. Catholics and Orthodoxy parted ways. Catholics said you read the Bible literally and use only logic and reason, while Orthodoxy said you get Enlightenment, The Spirit, and with that come additional mystical faculties that allow you to extract hidden secrets from the Bible and read it from a higher perspective.

Also, Catholicism lacks psychology, philosophy, and many other branches that would make it much more complete and less Dogmatic and less Molesting of Children.

Im a Christian and the Catholic Church sickens me. Its a matter of time before Catholicism is dead.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join