It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the Catholic Church ever do to You?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What did the Catholic Church ever do to me? TRY to make me a good Christian boy. But instead the Catholic Church made me see that their religion is a horrible and sickening religion with many contradictions. I almost cry when I see people profess their faith because I want to show them the atrocities that their church has committed and just make them see the truth.

Now let us list some things that the Catholic Church did to the world:

-murder countless number of persons across the centuries "in the name of God"
-discrimination and prejudice when it was in full power (believe in Jesus or you die)
-start holy war and that has killed countless number of persons
-sexually assault and psychologically maim throughout time little children (particularly boys)

much much more

So, I mean, the real question is "Give us your reasons for liking the Catholic Church?"

edit on 28-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Alot of religions did the same as what your implying too, so why do you personaly hate them so much, thats the question, like no other religion did bad things lol, seriously are you so blind

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sorry mate, should have made it a little more clearer. A mistake on my behalf. The point I was trying to make is this - how is it any different if I say that I am the Son of God? And just to clarify, I HAVE read the Bible. And what I have gathered from it is this - In the early days, God created us, and we didn't go along as exactly as planned, so he raged around a fair bit, and then got a bit upset about it. After that, he apparently sent down his "only son" to repent to HIMSELF because he was such a rage-aholic, and even then, he still couldn't get his story straight.

The amount of contradictions in the Bible is astounding. And on top of that, people are still willing to believe it.

I actually had a chat with a Chief Engineer about this the other day. Being Filipino, he was a full blown Catholic. And the crazy thing??? We both agreed on things at the end of the day. And that was as long as you are a good person, and treat people with respect, then it doesnt matter what Religion you are.

But as for me, I will still stand by my thought's, even if I am wrong. Because I know I can admit to being wrong, and be saved by your supposed God, other than there be no God, and live my life according to a load of crap.

Sorry for the language, but that's just the way I think.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Seriously, 99 % of all you posters out there seem to have beef with the catholic church. The Church Jesus Christ himself established. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ? The Church has always been there though out the ages always giving and supporting people in need.You cant always turn toward your family but you can always count on the Catholic church. (hypocrites)

Mods, please post this where you seem fit. Thanks OO
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

I was raised Catholic and went through Catholic grade school, Catholic high school and a Catholic college. I was brainwashed 22 years and finally saw the organization for what it really is - a place where systematic and ritualistic child abuse is both practiced and condoned, where the perpetrators are protected and moved from parish to parish to avoid prosecution - all in the name of Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Well my friend, after saying that, you certainly have a place in Hell!!!! Because the truth definately doesn't belong withing the Church!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Its not that I have a beef with this religious institution, but rather the criminals they have protected, practices that have fractured societies progress, and more crap its been in throughout history. I dont think they have changed their ways. They may help people, but its so minimal and they also try to convert or get them to contribute to the church. (And still even keep their previous practices/traditions.) I have an issue with that. Why? Well why do they do that? Well to put more people under them. the more people they have the stronger it gets. that's how it got so strong & so large. Its been about money and power, not about helping people.

The idea of helping and assisting people in need is a great thought, but then over time (A long time.) the wealth and power they have grew. They are even a central bank... the same central banks that are behind most conspiracies and the ones who are to blame for the current economic crashes.

Beef? Yea I have a beef with them when they use pure actions in a guise to usurp more power and control. Yea i know i sound a bit fringe but hell; that's how I see it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

What has Religion done to me, Well since birth we are labelled sinners and only Religion can save us. If your parents are enslaved your pretty much done for, because you have learnt nothing else. by the time your of age to think for yourself your so messed up in your head it takes the rest of your life to deprogram yourself.

Almost a whole nation of indoctrinatd zombies to afraid to learn for themselves, imagine a whole generation learning the truth or free to do so, not having to deprogram there heads, the lies, the fear, a true history of our race, a generation that hasnt been raped, murdered, intimidated, tortured, Wow what a world it might have been.

Luckily for me i was raised free to find all the answers for myself, the biggest gift a mom could give. As far as all religious leaders to me are concerned they should all be tried in the Hague for crimes against humanity....

also Faith is a lie, Belief is a lie. to keep you guessing, iether you no from your heart or spirit or you dont.

edit on 28-12-2010 by Maarhuis because: added more

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The Church Jesus Christ himself established.

as your premise opens with a blatant lie , is there any point in discusing facts with you ?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why do you have problems with folks who have problems with the church? Youre supposed to turn the other cheek, be tolerant, and not let it bother you.

Why is it that 99% of you people who are bothered by the feelings of 99% of the OTHER people...are bothered 99% of the time?!?!

Geez! Different strokes....have a cookie.....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Hypocracy in their high schools made me an atheist. And then maturity brought me back to them, rejecting still their own hypocracy, accepting it is their fault, not God's

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Actually, Jesus says he established a church. Jesus also said that church was like an unfaithful wife, but he loved it anyway.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I was raised Catholic and forced to go to a Catholic school for all of grade school and high school. Once I stopped believing in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny(age at which I started thinking for myself] it wasn't long after that I quickly realized just how full of crap Catholicism was. They say things just to benefit themselves and to preserve their ignorant beliefs; contradicting themselves every step and word of the way it seems.

There are basically two sides when it comes to religion: People that are able to toss out BS beliefs and think for themselves and people who aren't able to do so and think however they were taught to think by their parents/environment. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has noticed that people who are serious Catholics aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, and I'm not talking about book smarts. It seems that they are blindly ignorant and will believe anything that is told to them without question, whether by their priest or by their elected leaders(government, ours especially, loves religious people because they believe anything you tell them).

I'm not going to rant any longer about this because I could for hours, but one more issue that really bothers me about the Catholic church is their refusal to acknowledge the human body and our needs. If you repress sexual desires the outcome is not pretty, as 1000's of Catholic priests have been so kind to already prove to us. When will they ever just GROW UP and cease their barbaric belief that a priest shouldn't marry? How many innocent children could have been saved from a life of sexual abuse if the Catholic church would stop trying to control needs and desires?

edit on 28-12-2010 by Imightknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Q: What has the Catholic church ever done FOR me?
A: Nothing.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
If you've EVER read the book of Revelations, that whore of babylon?

That sits astride the city of seven hills?

That shed the blood of the saints? The Catholic Church has shed more blood of Christians than any other religious organization EVER.

Only one city in the world is known as the city of seven hills. Rome.

This is not even close to the Church that was begun AFTER the Christ died.

In fact, it was the Catholic Church that withheld the Word of God for 1260 years.

Come to think of it, they never did anything to me, but they're fooling a lot of others. The Christ would have nothing to do with a corrupt organization such as this.eusalem also

It began in corruption, and continues to this day, although the Reformation partially pulled its teeth.

Jerusalem was known as a city of seven hills. Mystery Babylon is called a whore and New Jerusalem is called a bride. Also it says that Jesus was crucified in that city.

Just some things to consider. Learning this blew me away too.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
reply to post by fordrew

Alot of religions did the same as what your implying too, so why do you personaly hate them so much, thats the question, like no other religion did bad things lol, seriously are you so blind

Well most religions do not have a "head" so to speak. And how dare you assume that I think that there are other religions that have no committed atrocities.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Your smugness is sickening.Congratulations if the RCC never did anything to harm you.Why don't you read the Murphy Report which came out in Ireland, and realise the decades of systematic rape, torture and imprisonment that went on, fully endorsed by the Vatican and even protected.
There were people like you scoffing at and dismissing any allegations made in Ireland for years.Now that it is proven, the response is usually that Ireland is an exception.It is far from it.It's more like the tip of an ice-berg.
But what did they ever do to me?A Catholic priest struck me across the head when I was seven years old, for getting some BS protocol wrong.Since then I have done everything I can to damage the organisation and continue to do so.One of my local parish priests was extradited and went to prison in the mid 90s for years of raping kids in London.Another went to prison in Ireland for ............ you'll never guess.
The only good priest is a dead priest.RCC = demonic scum

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here is what the Catholic Church has done for me....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12/28/2010 by Missing Blue Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Um?...You don't know your history very well do you? Jesus Christ did NOT start the Catholic church. He formed what is known today simply as Christianity. The Roman Catholic church, ( The roman catholic church is known today as just the catholic church) was the culprit in the Crusades. Which during that event persecuted " Christian " believers of that era. The Roman Catholic Church Priests saw Christianity as a form of blasphemy. Nothing more. I would highly recommend you learn more about what your trying to defend, before going off the handle and defend priests whom love little boys for their evening delights.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The notion of catholic curch is reptilian

But people don't understand. I'll spell it, "cat" holic, cats have reptile eyes, predatory in nature.
Other notions:
Pray = Pray on your victim , pray equals food, asimilation.
Rapture = agresive term also reptilian in nature, like snaching something.
Faith = destiny, no free will, not part of god's nature.

Just a few more notes.
England, EN-GLAND .."pineal gland" EN- enligten.

The cat a hollowgenic animal obtained by a mix of a reptile and a dog, so we got cartoons and indoctrination like the good lion king,

Welcome to the catholic faith, fallen from god's grace, the demonic religion.
This is your god, and no it's not the creator.
www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They dunked me in water, and had me circumcised.
I'm not mad about it, but I could have done without the involuntary baptism.
I think it ought to wait till one is an adult.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join