It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the Catholic Church ever do to You?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

To me, organized religion makes you think you must go to church to be closer to GOD. I liken that to going out to eat at a restaurant. But I can have the same meal at home (relationship with GOD) without the exorbitant tipping.
Plus, the cook isn't trying to get in your pants.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Aside from the damning problems cited by other posters I have to ask; What did the Catholic Church ever do for me? Seems to me to be nothing more than a tragic waste of human resources and potential.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
They told me since I got a divorce, I couldn't go back to church there.

2nd

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Really? I don't know about that because you wouldn't be barred from mass. Once a person remarries they are not supposed to receive communion because it is considered adultery by the Church, no divorce till death do you part. That being said, I have seen numerous divorced and remarried people accept communion as they just didn't tell their priest. I figure that's there thing to sort out with God.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Two true stories to show how “christian“ that church is …

My father-in-law of my first marriage was born catholic and married an evangelical (Lutheran) woman. When he died, the Catholic Church for that reason didn’t allow that he be buried in a catholic cemetery, but the Lutheran one accepted him …

We knew a European catholic priest (he is dead now) who went to India and lived most of his life there. He had a parish in Bengal and was very loved by the people there. We once visited him. One day, Mother Theresa asked him to go to Russia for some mission of hers, and he did – but he didn’t ask the Church for permission before he went! And they punished him badly for that. They took his parish away from him and gave him some job in a Jesuit center, where he wasn’t very happy at all (that is where we visited him). He used to paint pictures and write poems. He asked us to take some paintings with us home and give them to his relatives, since he was afraid that the Church would take them away from him, and we did. His relatives had given him a lap-top computer for his writing, and that the Church took away from him. They also took his Vatican passport from him and he had to use the one from his native country. Later they placed him in a parish under bad conditions in Bangla Desh, and there he died after only a few years. Only because he didn’t ask for permission …

When we were there, we also visited the Mother Theresa center (but she wasn’t there herself at that time). We heard about a gathering with prayers and the like in the town that evening and went to it. At the entrance a sign informed that only Catholics were allowed to enter! I am not, my wife officially is one but not in heart and soul (having a wider but Christian horizon...). We didn’t bother and went in, anyway. No one asked … So much about “brothers and sisters” – Jesus talked about that, but the Church acts racistically …

Is such a treatment Christian???? In my opinion: NO!!!

edit on 23-1-2011 by memyself because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by memyself because: Improvements

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

the catholic church from it's very creation is by far the most evil thing to ever be created. it claims to be the church of God and put pagan idolatry in the place of true worship of YHWH . it is and will always be the "anti-christ" which the pope declares every time he calls himself the "vicar of christ" or the place holder of christ or he that takes the place of christ. look at the greek literal translation of that title and same with anti-chrst they are very similar.

the catholic church has placed mary the mother of Yeshua higher then Yeshua himself. they believe in idol worship, and have been, throughout the entirety of its inception, the biggest persecutor of people.

i could go on and on and on about all the evil it has done in the name of God to tarnish the name of YHWH. it is a blasphemous thing to trample on the name of the Great I AM. it has taken his religion and turned it into something completely different. while it hordes money and helps none.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Yes! But there is a difference between YHWH and the Father, of which Yeshua spoke.
See my post "A secret history of the Church" here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The fact that no one has any liberty ,to the pope we are just chattels mere peasants to be used and abused as he sees fit

Read the Treaty of Verona

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
BTW, the OP of this thread will no longer be responding, It appears she is hanging out at the banned pool. Just pointing that out for members replying to OP. Not saying to stop posting, just for FYI.

edit on 9-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Well, to simply answer your question "What has the catholic church ever done to you?" Its priests raped me and fu*ked me in the ass when I was fourteen. When I tried to tell their superior, he beat the teeth out of my mouth. Do you expect me to love those shameless criminals? And just look at their chieftain, the freak in rome, dressed in funny cloth. He owns the world, he is probably the greatest land owner in all history, he probably has the greatest gold reserves next to Rothschild and just look at his slimy face when he tells the poor to give something to the poor. C'mon, there has hardly been a more corrupt and evil organisation on the face of the earth then those rubber barons of spirituality...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
There sure do seem a lot of members who were personally molested.

Have you sought justice for the crimes committed against you? Have you reported it? Or do you somehow find molestation a crime worthy of jest, and are lying about a heinous crime to prove some false point that all priest molest children?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Have you sought justice for the crimes committed against you? Have you reported it? Or do you somehow find molestation a crime worthy of jest, and are lying about a heinous crime to prove some false point that all priest molest children?

The vast majority of people sexually assaulted never seek justice.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It's not only the catholic church,it's all organized religions.
It's how it's abused and use to their advantage.
To try to control the populus.The want use to bow down to their God,or die!
Christians,Muslems.They seem to be the most violent.
What about Buddism,and other not so violent religions?
And what is religion,but for a crutch for man.
There is,or maybe some higher being,
but religion is mans invention to control us.
Make a few dollars,rape us ,control us.
Screw that!
May the sheeple be thin out from the rest of us
when the coming disaster or what ever comes upon us!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
BTW, the OP of this thread will no longer be responding, It appears she is hanging out at the banned pool. Just pointing that out for members replying to OP. Not saying to stop posting, just for FYI.

edit on 9-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

Oh,my bad didn't see that in my angry red eyes.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
woe, wow!! what can I say. The CC has done for me nothing short of opening my eyes to the glory of god. Star and Flag...

edit on 1-3-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Because like most
rape victims,they are ashamed,and do not wish to put yourself out there
to be judged and ridiculed.
Interesting that the OP removed themselves from there own post,because of denial.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Seriously, 99 % of all you posters out there seem to have beef with the catholic church. The Church Jesus Christ himself established. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ? The Church has always been there though out the ages always giving and supporting people in need.You cant always turn toward your family but you can always count on the Catholic church. (hypocrites)

Seeing God Created all things through Jesus Christ, knows All including your future seeing that God created your Future which you are powerless to change one Iota of.

Jesus never established the "Roman church".

In fact Jesus made No mention of the Roman church nor any Pope or any of his Roman priests...

I wonder why ???

Nor did Jesus tell us there would be a book called "The Roman (Version) bible" in the future and to run out and buy one.

Jesus made NO Mention of the Roman bible what so ever.

In fact he did say, "Merchants and businessmen shall NOT enter the places of My Father".

Jesus also said in "The Gospel of Thomas"... Quote;

39. Jesus said,

“The Pharisees and the Scribes
have taken The Keys of Knowledge
and Hidden Them.

They themselves have NOT entered,
nor have they allowed to enter
those who wish to.

Jesus made No mention the Roman church.

Nor did Jesus teach others, to violate and abuse little children, as the Roman church has done and is doing today, nor did He teach men to go out and murder others.

Jesus did Not get primates to write a book or books called the bible today for Him, especially when the human primateis full of corruption.

The Christ has produced a Book however, called "The Book of LIFE" (which can be found in the Soul.) seeing that The Only begotten Son of God is the LIFE of GOD.

See The Gospel According to John Ch. 1 Verse 1 to 13.

The LIFE of God is The LIGHT of MEN Not A'Dam.

A'Dams Life was the breath or Air.

The Christ said through Jesus the Carpenter; "I Am The Way The Truth and The LIFE"

And "I Am The Way The Truth and The LIGHT".

Jesus said "Let Not you put your Trust in any Man save The Father ONLY."

The pope and his Priests are "Primates" and NOT the Father.

Jesus said "Call No One Father, for there is Only One Father who is in Heaven".

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by Aeons

Because like most
rape victims,they are ashamed,and do not wish to put yourself out there
to be judged and ridiculed.
Interesting that the OP removed themselves from there own post,because of denial.

The op is not responding, because to say it again........that person was banned
. I agree that there are many people that do not step forward for many reasons. However, if a person is proclaiming it on a message board with such authority and justified hatred for the perpetrator of the crime I do not understand why they would not have come forth in a legal manner, especially with the many that stepped forward together. I went to Catholic schools, Church, etc for the majority of my childhood. I have never heard so much of rumor of this type of behavior. I do not deny that it happened at other Churches, but I do not think it was as rampant as some members are leading us to believe.

I live in Chicago, for the past few months every time I check Chicago Breaking news there are at least 5 stories, everyday for molestation, rape, or various other sexual crimes. Many by teachers, many by random people these individuals are the scum of the earth and I hope that God has a special punishment for them, but the fact remains that this trash finds a way into all careers and come from all walks of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join