It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the Catholic Church ever do to You?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have nothing more to say to you Olive, nothing I need to proove or do. You can continue to undermine me all you want. It doesnt hurt me. Only you.
You cant undermine His truth...that is what matters most to me...of my own self..Im nothing.

Again, I leave you to the results of your conscious choices.
Gods will not mine be done.

take care.

R

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeaware
Understandable that you may be angry.
But the church as a whole has done more harm then good.
Crusades?
Witch hunts?
Anti-gay views?
How bout the altar-boy molestations?
Personally i dislike them as much as any other religious group, due to the fact that they are basicly selling lies.
At best, its a well-funded cult that tricks people in believing their propaganda on how to act, what to think, what is moral and what is not. (ie. Believe in what I tell you, or BURN forever)

And really, depending on where you were born, your religious views whould be different. Can't argue with that.
edit on 27-12-2010 by thirdeyeaware because: Typo

edit on 27-12-2010 by thirdeyeaware because: added a few points

You've got a lot of problems with your statement.

....Crusades: While they were wrong, and the church does consider that a shameful part of their history, you said that they did more harm than good. That's completely wrong. The crusades brought the west out of the dark ages through contact with the east. In fact, if not for the crusades, the west would probably be less advanced than the entire east.

....Witch Hunts: Again, horrible, but not pointless. Many of those so called "witches" did do horrible things. They were known to specialize in poisons and the like. Of course, plenty of innocent people were inexcusably killed, and that is wrong regardless of the reason.

....Anti-gay views: It's your opinion that that is a bad thing. In case you didn't know, church teachings require forgiveness and forbid aggressiveness against "sinners". There are a huge number of catholics who would abuse gays, but the sad thing is, that is against their beliefs. The problem here is not the faith, but the people. I'm not catholic and have gay friends, but I am against having gays get any special kinds of rights like raising families (don't feel like explaining why. My opinion, so I have no obligation to explain anyway). This just goes to show that there are people who can get along with gays while not agreeing with what they do.

....Altar-boy molestations: I'm pretty sure this covers a VERY small part of the catholics. I've heard of a few priests and others doing it, but that's it. It's extremely rude to apply this to everyone in the religion.

....Basically, I know much of that is wrong, but often times we don't understand the circumstances behind what happened. Also, you have no right to blame someone for having their own opinions on something. That's called free will. I know the end doesn't justify the means (well, some people are sure to think otherwise), but it doesn't change the fact that some good came out of some of this as well. If you don't want to make a lot of enemies, NEVER make absolute statements with something like "the church as a whole has done more harm then good" on something opinion based.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

In my book, you lying about false documents pertaining to the HOLY Catholic Church. You are breaking the eighth commandment. Your no better than that Priest who sexually molests children.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by Rosha

In my book, you lying about false documents pertaining to the HOLY Catholic Church. You are breaking the eighth commandment. Your no better than that Priest who sexually molests children.

The 8th is "You shall not steal††"..this applies to me how?
What theft have I made outside of the ignorance and fleece that once covered your eyes?
And in broad daylight too..tut tut.

God knows my heart..and knows I am not lying...what you think..is irrelevent to me Olive.

hmmm....

sad weird little man.

bye!

Rosha.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Rosha, The eighth commandment is "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor", not 'you shall not steal'
that would be the seventh.

Maybe you should have spent most of your life studying scripture instead of ways to persecute the Catholic Church. Ive wasted enough time with you.. God Bless!!
edit on 3-1-2011 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sak777
The problem here is not the faith, but the people.

I think the problem here is the confusion between faith and people. Faith is something all to personal and only subject to one's own perceptions. Churches are made by people, run by people, corrupted by people, represented by people. Churches are a man made construct run by people other than ourselves attempting to facilitate a relationship between one and their god. If there was any real faith, this church would die alone in the backyard untended.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Rosha

Rosha, The eighth commandment is "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor", not 'you shall not steal'
that would be the seventh.

Maybe you should have spent most of your life studying scripture instead of ways to persecute the Catholic Church. Ive wasted enough time with you.. God Bless!!

Olive, please listen for a moment. You bring up a really important point here.

the 8th commandment is "Thou shalt not steal." That is what it is in the SCRIPTURES.
Catholics changed it to seven because of the way they put 1 and 2 together and seperated 10 into two parts.

Yes that is right Olive. The bible says one thing but the CATHOLIC CHURCH changed it for some reason. Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
dude they control the world

i remember hearing that they have kept a prophecy from us.... that some spanish chick wrote (forget her name) and it was to be read in 1967 or something (i forget the details)

but anyways, when it came to 1967, and this chick was dead, they took one look at this letter, and put it back on the shelf

i dont like it when people hide important information from me

also i heard that theres an annunaki base under the vatican

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

The passage in Exodus 20 contains more than ten imperative statements, totaling 14 or 15 in all. While the Bible itself assigns the count of "10", using the Hebrew phrase aseret had'varim ('the 10 words', 'statements' or 'things'), this phrase does not appear in Exodus 20.[6] Various religions parse the commandments differently.
The Catholics didnt "Change it for some reason"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Sorry, Christians are wrong on this, Catholics are right.
I was being silly.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I was being silly.
No, now your being silly. Catholics are Christians.Besides it doesn't matter what the number is of the command , Point is ,is that Rosha broke the commandment that says You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. In this case his neighbor being the Catholic Church. He lied about a document that he said was a Papal Bull. I proved this to be untrue.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

I was being silly.

lol...yes..seems I was wrong too..being silly too. Seems I have no idea what I am talking about! sheesh...talk about ego deflation!

Seems I was just listening to Christ's own little old apparently meaningless words...as it was He who said to Love one another...that truely loving one another *was* fulfilling *all* the Law.

I cant find within me a more loving act than to put His message rather than my own bull# in front of a person who represents and defends the monster who abused me and allow them the dignity to face that choice in private and choose their own path.

I dont feel sorry for them...nor do I want to harm them...as HE said..let the dead bury their dead...its not my concern.

They ( the RCC) had and have the same chance and choice I did....and I can live, and let live.

Rosha..

edit on 3-1-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I was being silly.
No, now your being silly. Catholics are Christians.

I knew you were going to say that but that does not change the fact that Orthodox Christianity along with all other OT based religions agree on something quite different from what Catholics think about this issue. Obviously there is a difference or else you would not be the Catholic church. You would just be Christians.

Besides it doesn't matter what the number is of the command , Point is ,is that Rosha broke the commandment that says You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. In this case his neighbor being the Catholic Church. He lied about a document that he said was a Papal Bull. I proved this to be untrue.

Actually, I kind of think it does matter. One of the main charges against the RCC is that it perverts the words of the bible. Case in point. Christians and Jews see that commandment one way. Catholics and protsestants altered it a bit. Again, thanks for highlighting it for us.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The Vatican has been protecting child rapists for centuries. I don't need to provide proof of this statement if you don't need to provide proof either.

Benedict IX raped and murdered human beings. This accusation is made from the authority of POPE VICTOR III.

BENEDICT NINE, THE RAPIST POPE

The Catholic Encyclopedia calls him "a disgrace to the Chair of Peter."[1]
He was also accused by Bishop Benno of Piacenza of "many vile adulteries and murders".[3] Pope Victor III in his third book of Dialogues, referred to "his rapes, murders and other unspeakable acts. His life as a pope so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it."[4]

I know that the Pope is infallible. So it must be the case that Pope Victor III is correct to accuse Pope Benedict IX of rape, murder and unspeakable acts. But Benedict IX is also infallible. He could not have been wrong to commit rape and murder.

How do you explain this away? Do you dare to say that POPE VICTOR III was a LIAR?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
OliveOil... ( second time lucky )

Here is a simple question. Dare to answer it .

If you were shown enough evidence to clearly show the Catholic Church had a formal policy of protecting child molesters. Will you publically renounce them, or would you continue supporting them anyway ?

If you choose to ignore this question like so many others, I will repost it again and again until you either shut up or front up.

Time to show your true faith.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
OliveOil... ( second time lucky )

Here is a simple question. Dare to answer it .

If you were shown enough evidence to clearly show the Catholic Church had a formal policy of protecting child molesters. Will you publically renounce them, or would you continue supporting them anyway ?

If you choose to ignore this question like so many others, I will repost it again and again until you either shut up or front up.

Time to show your true faith.

You will find that most religous people will totally ignore the facts that prove that the catholic church is basically a peado ring. They don't care about the truth, and this is the problem when it comes to the myth that is religon.

The day when we don't have to believe in these fairytales that cause more damage than good, will be the day when we humans move up a level.

I am disgusted that some people still refuse to believe what the catholic church have done when it comes to child abuse. And it makes you think do these people actually follow the word of God, or just the word of the catholic church. Maybe the catholic church is there real God.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sak777

“...Crusades: … The crusades brought the west out of the dark ages through contact with the east.” What nonsense! It brought us in a morally dark age. You seem to mean that “killing your teacher” helps you learn. Well, then think again! The crusades were HOLOCAUSTS and TERRORIST acts! We taught the people in the East to do what they do now . They do the same as we did then, but have (then not existing) means and weapons that makes it even worse.

“....Witch Hunts: Many of those so called ‘witches’ did do horrible things.” Historical ignorance! They were mostly loving persons who healed people, but in ways the Church regarded as “pagan”, as competition with the priests, even though healing with herbs actually is working with “God’s pharmacy”. Very few worked in satanistic manners and did really bad things…

“....Anti-gay views: It's your opinion that that is a bad thing. In case you didn't know, church teachings require forgiveness and forbid aggressiveness against ‘sinners’. There are a huge number of Catholics who would abuse gays, but the sad thing is, that is against their beliefs.” And yet they deny them certain human rights and fail to accept them equally as brothers and sisters in true Christian love…

“....Altar-boy molestations: I'm pretty sure this covers a VERY small part of the Catholics.” Follow the news, man! This IS a huge and very very bad problem! The media give us only the tip of the ice-berg. You seem to want to sweep it under the carpet… The Bible doesn’t forbid priests to marry, only the Catholic Church does, and that is the cause of the problem.

“....Basically, I know much of that is wrong, but often times we don't understand the circumstances behind what happened. Also, you have no right to blame someone for having their own opinions on something. That's called free will.” But we can blame people for denying facts and refusing to see the truth beyond their limited horizon.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

LOL Oliveoil, since when are Catholics Christians? Must be since horse # and figs look nearly the same.
Ha Ha Ha, you can fool some but not all, please try harder, at this stage you only fool yourself _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Jack

Don't you get it?
This is really simple.

Christians: Christians are Christians.
Catholics: So are we!!!
Christians: Then why do you call yourself Catholics?
Catholics: Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by memyself
reply to post by sak777

“...Crusades: … The crusades brought the west out of the dark ages through contact with the east.” What nonsense! It brought us in a morally dark age. You seem to mean that “killing your teacher” helps you learn. Well, then think again! The crusades were HOLOCAUSTS and TERRORIST acts! We taught the people in the East to do what they do now . They do the same as we did then, but have (then not existing) means and weapons that makes it even worse.

Do you really believe that mess? That "we" taught them to do what they do now?

Look up the Battle of Badr, the Battle of the Ditch, the Battle of Yarmulk... those should lead to even more links beginning with "The Battle of..." detailing the peaceful nature of Islam pre-Crusades.

When it comes to fighting dirty wars involving extermination, "we" couldn't teach "them" a damned thing!

"HOLOCAUST" and "TERRORIST acts" my ass!

You need to check into the history of a thing, such as Islam and the Crusades, before spouting off about it.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join