It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the Catholic Church ever do to You?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
that's a lesson in Morality for you... Deny Ignorance and respect all Religions because surely this tiny minority group of children are not going to eradicate all of the religions of the world, they are not smart enough to even see the bigger picture.

Atheists consume bovine fecal matter, they really do ! I have seen it on youtube

what bullcrap ... just when i thought we'd progressed past childishness ... oh well, as your saying above goes ... Christians consume babies ... they really do, i've seen it in person, not just on some-tube

my morals are just fine thank you, no lessons needed. besides, my morality is NONE of your biz.
btw, when you realize that ridiculing what you do not accept only increases the curiosity of others, perhaps you MIGHT stand a chance at swaying a few but i wouldn't count on it. What you fail to accept is that many ppl believe in different paths to a god or several gods (as each case may be). This does not make them wrong or you right. My collective religious teachings led me to 'effect change by example'. Perhaps you should try it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Seriously, 99 % of all you posters out there seem to have beef with the catholic church. The Church Jesus Christ himself established. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ? The Church has always been there though out the ages always giving and supporting people in need.You cant always turn toward your family but you can always count on the Catholic church. (hypocrites)

Mods, please post this where you seem fit. Thanks OO
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

First off... Your point about Jesus establishing it is opinion.

Second off... You are a troll

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

(try it?) nope... "seen it, been there, done that"

I believe the consumption begins when you first learn to say mommy and daddy, for then you are owned.

you can not escape the words coming off your native tongue don't even try it, instead try speaking only the truth from them lips !

seriously, try it

edit on 12/30/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link. Please refrain from making personal attacks against your fellow members. Stick to the issue at hand.
edit on 12/30/2010 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
somebody in this thread already said "read constantines sword".

I did and as a former catholic it really shocked me how evil the Catholic church was. what also startled me was how sick and demented they were. They 'femenized' their young with castration so they could sing a little more childlike. And you think in this context molestation and rape wasnt occurring? In abbys? I think they had the full sanction of the church to 'do what thou wilt' with the castrated femenized alter boys - who became men and probably sex slaves to the church leaders.

The church is simply demented. A warped combination of Hellenic and Mesopotamian mysticism with a heavy reference on ascetisim and a disdain for the body; and somehow, their religion fullfills the prophecies of an entirely different completely theologically antithetical doctrine which it had the respect to persecute and systematically slander for the sake of inciting violence against it; its root.

Church has some major nephilim skeletons in their closet.
edit on 30-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

In addition to those 3, you have so many more other pograms and libels specifically targeting the Jews - simon of trent where 18 Jewish men and 5 jewish woman were accused of ritual murder. This than led to the canonization of simon of trent as a saint, and resulted in widespread attacks on Jewish communities where tons of thousands of Jews were killed.

And even today stupid idiotic catholics will swallow this repulsive filth and slander. Even despite the fact that thousands of people were murdered in cold bold.

I'll tell you, a slander is even more venemous and damaging than even a specific act of murder. The church is so frightening evil it is hard to even speak of the spiders theyve helped crawl around society.

The jesuit order has actually been looked upon by many people - cecil rhodes for instance, as a template by which a secret society can influence world affairs.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModestThought
If the Catholic Church was the true church of Christ they would liquidate all of their assets and use those billions upon billions of dollars to help the poor, sick and hungry, not just by giving them food, etc. They would help these people help themselves by building farms and water systems through all of these places which would allow these people to sustain themselves.

THIS (but also applied to the Protestant sects)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

LOL. 400 BC is only an example to show how ridculous a POPE can exist in 232-249 AD without having an agenda. (Many years way after Jesus has passed on.)

The rewritten of the bible, you can look it up, even if you saw it you won't believe it. The old testaments are different from the new testaments.

Also you probably didn't even know that the bible is a translated version and/or from the Quran Book. Ha, so technically the bible that has been translated from the original Quran, which it could have been changed. You also have to remember, Jesus lived in jerusalem. Therefore the orgin of the bible is from ..... you can fill in the answer! Therefore, it will be in the language that is spoken and written in the jerusalem area. BTW the bible was not in originally in English! So we can see how many times it had to be translated to the other words. With these translation, things will be misinterpreted and changed.

The victor is the one who rewrites history!

As a Pope, how can one reveal the orgins, if you know, others will be disappointed in the illusion that has been created for them. What power and control that a Pope can have to manipulate the illusion that has dispersed informatoin of the bible and the orgins of humanity.

In the end, the origin of the Vatican, Pope and the bible, does not make sense. The questions that need to be ask is where does it state that the Vaticans and Pope must exist? Where in the bible does it states that the Pope and Vaticans should exist? These questions are too historical and no matter what no one will agree on the orgins.

Therefore, we all should be asking, why we need the church, the pope, and the vatican to feel comfortable with our sins? Is it because we feel LACK and abandon from god and jesus itself? Or is it we do not have faith in ourselves in controlling our choices and life? Or is it that we are too afraid to see beyond our given books and preaches, because we fear the UNKNOWN?

Definitely many people (but in denial) feel LACK and ABANDON from GOD and Jesus.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by unlimited1

Very nicely stated. Many other posters reveal clear info also. When I began researching the writings and cross-referencing different statements within the Bible, the more disturbed the truth becomes. Many will not go there to have the truth within their hearts & souls answered. It's simply not the answer they want - the answer MUST fit within their belief system. Those are the ones that ultimately worry me - the ones that justify it.

"Only a prideful man seeks salvation from within, and not through JC". Now we know that's crud. I believe that when people wake up to the actual reality that is from WITHIN that one be saved. I'm not waiting for a savior or someone to save me. I went the way I was suppose to - take the responsibility for my own life. Which is too hard for most people - it would take harsh reflection & personal criticism about yourself. Facing truth is what most do not want - its not easier.

I had a 1:1 experience with the Creator. At that moment, and since that happened - the world & people become so much clearer. I don't wander anymore - I just KNOW instantly. Very profound to say the least. It's amazing though - when I shared such an experience with those closest to me, results are ostracism, ridicule, disdain, cruelty, dismissal, etc.

Point to OP: Being argumentative in defense of your faith divides & angers. If someone has to defend something supposedly "good", then there is a problem. Goodness needs no defense. I feel you are searching for validation for your belief - unfortunately, you are searching externally when you will find the answers internally. That is where most won't go. Obviously it seems you created this thread for a purpose - whatever personal reason that drove you & continues you to deny clarity to your belief system, is for you to discern. My sympathy goes out to you and others. Happiness will never be found there. Peace all!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by myra017
Point to OP: Being argumentative in defense of your faith divides & angers. If someone has to defend something supposedly "good", then there is a problem. Goodness needs no defense. I feel you are searching for validation for your belief - unfortunately, you are searching externally when you will find the answers internally. That is where most won't go. Obviously it seems you created this thread for a purpose - whatever personal reason that drove you & continues you to deny clarity to your belief system, is for you to discern. My sympathy goes out to you and others. Happiness will never be found there. Peace all!

Quoted for AGREEMENT. Nicely written and quite profound!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well, first it organized the institutionalization of the rape and torture of hundreds of thousands or millions of children around the world in every single country in which it operates. It spent a thousand years running the most backwards theocratic dictatorship the world has ever seen across an entire continent. It bilks over a billion people out of their money in contributions to its fraudulent business. It encourages widespread hatred of homosexuals, claiming for itself a moral authority to condemn anybody else in the world they want to but never uttering so much as an apology for letting millions of pedophiles get away with rape. They operate their business behind a massive veil of secrecy while praising things like honesty as virtues. Their missionaries preach that condoms are evil even in HIV-pandemic countries. They have the arrogance to tell the rest of us how to live out our sex lives, saying that reproductive heterosexual sex is the only legitimate kind of sex, all the while denying their priests any kind of sex at all because it's so "unclean."

And the sense of entitlement they have leads one dope from their massive flock to angrily scold us for criticizing them.

reply to post by oliveoil

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Seriously, 99 % of all you posters out there seem to have beef with the catholic church. The Church Jesus Christ himself established. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ? The Church has always been there though out the ages always giving and supporting people in need.You cant always turn toward your family but you can always count on the Catholic church. (hypocrites)

Firstly, Jesus did not establish the Catholic Church, it was established by homosexuals - they like to belong to brotherhoods. These homosexuals associate themselves with Jesus, but he wants nothing to do with them. Jesus is heterosexual, and the homosexuals who invented the Catholic Church omitted to write about his love for women.

Secondly, repeated attempts to frame me have been made by the Catholic Church in order to try and force me to become a priest. I have refused and called their bluff everytime. The Roman Church has done many things to me - they are quite evil, like all religions and single-sex societies.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Trafalgar1805 because: clarification

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The Catholic church forced me to go through an annulment 10 years after my divorce because their bigoted organization would not let my ex-wife join their club without one. Anyone who has been through one knows how unpleasant and absurd it is. The Catholic church sucks.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What did the Catholic Church ever do to You?

I made me laugh about this, once I considered this blasphemy

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

1) Suppression of knowledge if it doesn't fit their belief.
2) Hiding pedophile priests for decades.
3) Telling people in AIDS-ridden Africa to not use condoms...mass murder right there!
4) ...

Listing more is kinda pointless as those 3 alone are so bad, no rational/logical person would ever follow an institution like that!!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by unlimited1
reply to post by searching4truth

LOL. 400 BC is only an example to show how ridculous a POPE can exist in 232-249 AD without having an agenda. (Many years way after Jesus has passed on.)

The rewritten of the bible, you can look it up, even if you saw it you won't believe it. The old testaments are different from the new testaments.

Yes, the old and new testaments are different, they are to different texts combined into one book. The old testament was before the fulfillment that Jesus brought, and the new testament is during and after His life.

Also you probably didn't even know that the bible is a translated version and/or from the Quran Book. Ha, so technically the bible that has been translated from the original Quran, which it could have been changed. You also have to remember, Jesus lived in jerusalem. Therefore the orgin of the bible is from ..... you can fill in the answer! Therefore, it will be in the language that is spoken and written in the jerusalem area. BTW the bible was not in originally in English! So we can see how many times it had to be translated to the other words. With these translation, things will be misinterpreted and changed. The victor is the one who rewrites history!

The fact that you chose to believe that the Bible and the Torah are rewritten and modified versions of the Quran is laughable, and there is nothing to look up in that regard because there is no proof and fact to support that claim. Yes, I think everyone knows that the Bible was not originally in English and I'm a little insulted by your whack at my intelligence since your choosing to believe that the Quran was written first, but to each their own. There were 3 languages spoken in Jerusalem at the time, each was common, and many were most likely bi or tri lingual, those include Hebrew, Latin, and Aramaic. The modern canon, as we have it, was originally written in Latin, which was taken from letters written in the above languages depending on the audience. Are things lost in translation? Yes, I can agree with you, but that point in reference to the Catholic Church can only be used post Vatican II as the Bible and Mass were only given in Latin. Today, you can still attend a traditional Latin Mass anywhere on the globe (as I do).

As a Pope, how can one reveal the orgins, if you know, others will be disappointed in the illusion that has been created for them. What power and control that a Pope can have to manipulate the illusion that has dispersed informatoin of the bible and the orgins of humanity.

In the end, the origin of the Vatican, Pope and the bible, does not make sense. The questions that need to be ask is where does it state that the Vaticans and Pope must exist? Where in the bible does it states that the Pope and Vaticans should exist? These questions are too historical and no matter what no one will agree on the orgins.

Therefore, we all should be asking, why we need the church, the pope, and the vatican to feel comfortable with our sins? Is it because we feel LACK and abandon from god and jesus itself? Or is it we do not have faith in ourselves in controlling our choices and life? Or is it that we are too afraid to see beyond our given books and preaches, because we fear the UNKNOWN?

Definitely many people (but in denial) feel LACK and ABANDON from GOD and Jesus.

The Pope is the Bishop of Rome, and bishops were established in the Bible, the Bishop of Rome has many titles one of which is Pope, there are many others (the Vicar of Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the State of Vatican City, Servant of the Servants of God).

I am not certain what you mean by the origins of humanity, in my inquires the 3 Abrahamic religions all agree on that.

Where does it state that the Vatican must exist. Well, I suppose that would go back to Peter. St. Peter's Basilica is built on top of the burial site of Peter the Apostle, it is called the Vatican because of the hill that it sits on, the name was given before the founding and the structure took on that name. It actually wasn't until 1929 that the Vatican City State, as we know it today, was formed. All the other buildings sprung up after St. Peter's. Now, St. Peters wasn't completed until the 1600's, it replaced the Constantinian Church that was there previously.

I don't know about you but I do not feel a lack or abandonment by God/Jesus, I am fulfilled. As for needing priests, or a hierarchy to feel comfortable with my sins, I don't. I do, however, believe in the power of confession. Which again, is biblical, as Jesus bestowed upon His apostles the power to forgive sins to reconcile the faithful with God.

edit on 30-12-2010 by searching4truth because: edit to fix quote blocking

edit on 30-12-2010 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
The Catholic church forced me to go through an annulment 10 years after my divorce because their bigoted organization would not let my ex-wife join their club without one. Anyone who has been through one knows how unpleasant and absurd it is. The Catholic church sucks.

That's because according to the Bible people are only supposed to marry once, annulments exist for the purpose of the dissolution of marriage that never should have occurred for a certain reason. If a Catholic person, gets married, gets divorced, and remarries it is still considered adultery and therefore the person is ineligible to receive communion.

Basically, marriage is for life, or at least it is supposed to be.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
That's because according to the Bible people are only supposed to marry once, annulments exist for the purpose of the dissolution of marriage that never should have occurred for a certain reason. If a Catholic person, gets married, gets divorced, and remarries it is still considered adultery and therefore the person is ineligible to receive communion.

Basically, marriage is for life, or at least it is supposed to be.

Yes, I know precisely why the church did this to me. Because of their ridiculous arbitrary rules. But anyone who has been through one of their annulments has good enough reason to despise their organization.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Well, I understand why you and many others feel that way. But for my personal opinion I don't feel that the Church should change just because people want to marry, divorce, remarry, divorce, etc there are many problems with that especially when children are involved. I expect the church to uphold the moral standard, not bend to the whims of society.

On a personal note, my mother had sought marital counciling from a priest. After a few months, the priest advised my mother to leave do the particulars of their problems. So, I know that they are not unbending, and I know there are instances were divorce is the only or best option, but it is not to be taken lightly. At least imho.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I expect the church to uphold the moral standard, not bend to the whims of society.

What is moral about subjecting an unwilling participant to what amounts to a second divorce? Why should society or anyone bend to the whims of a religious organization with arbitrary rules?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

I expect the church to uphold the moral standard, not bend to the whims of society.

What is moral about subjecting an unwilling participant to what amounts to a second divorce? Why should society or anyone bend to the whims of a religious organization with arbitrary rules?

I understand and accept that not everyone is Catholic and that not everyone follows the Bible. However, if a person chooses Catholicism (or Christianity) in general when two people are married it is for better or worse til death do you part. If there are no children involved, idk, do what you want that's between the two of you and God, however, the effects of divorce on children are huge. I do understand that there are some cases where it is healthier for child to be removed from the situation (ie abuse, alcoholism, drug abuse, etc). But the reason for most divorces is not because someone's life is in danger, most divorces occur because one or both people "fall out of love" want to go out and explore other options, etc, basically they want to be or already are promiscuous, and I don't agree with that.

As I said though, I don't hold everyone to that standard, but if a person chooses to be Catholic the standard is no divorce, expect in the most extreme circumstances.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join