It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the Catholic Church ever do to You?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

These were baptized Catholics who went against the word of god and for the most were excommunicated from the church. No way/ no how did any pope ever sing "death orders" For the most part it was the government/King who oversaw these inquisitions , not the pope.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

I am not understanding your point in posting the two videos, perhaps a little personal commentary would have been helpful.

The first video, labeled the Pope declares Holy War. It discussing his "war" against those that are trying to sell false apparitions of the Virgin Mary. Why is this bad? Do not liars aid in the ultimate discrediting of the church? I do believe that there have been apparitions, I do not believe every person on the internet who claims to have witnessed one. It must be verified, and proved true or false. False apparitions and greedy individuals who peddle them are doing nothing for the advancement of anyone.

The second video, discusses how Pope John Paul II whipped himself, which he discussed himself, how is this evil for you. It is called self flagellation, and is considered to be the ultimate form of penance. Do all Catholics to it, no, I don't know any actually. All I can say is he must have been struggling with some serious personal issues.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

I am not understanding your point in posting the two videos, perhaps a little personal commentary would have been helpful.

The first video, labeled the Pope declares Holy War. It discussing his "war" against those that are trying to sell false apparitions of the Virgin Mary. Why is this bad? Do not liars aid in the ultimate discrediting of the church? I do believe that there have been apparitions, I do not believe every person on the internet who claims to have witnessed one. It must be verified, and proved true or false. False apparitions and greedy individuals who peddle them are doing nothing for the advancement of anyone.

The second video, discusses how Pope John Paul II whipped himself, which he discussed himself, how is this evil for you. It is called self flagellation, and is considered to be the ultimate form of penance. Do all Catholics to it, no, I don't know any actually. All I can say is he must have been struggling with some serious personal issues.

But its crazy if you consider his deep involvement in almost every aspect of our lives. The Vatican is in the Euro Parliament?? GMO etc.. Just saying its crazy..

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The churches have done far more good and nice things to help people than to harm them most of the time.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Seriously, 99 % of all you posters out there seem to have beef with the catholic church. The Church Jesus Christ himself established. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ? The Church has always been there though out the ages always giving and supporting people in need.You cant always turn toward your family but you can always count on the Catholic church. (hypocrites)

Mods, please post this where you seem fit. Thanks OO
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

The Catholic church and all other dominations of religion are there to support individuals who require spiritual help while in life.

Yes, some people in this organization have committed sin when they should be doing the opposite. This is a small minority which taints the meaning behind the church. Everyone makes mistakes in life but it is how we deal with them which makes the difference. An appoligy is just words but the meaning is there. The people who should be appoligizing are the actual perpatrators of the crime they committed.

The church has become one of the richest organizations in the world. This money they have used to buy Gold and land to attempt to assist others. This money should be used to both physically and spiritually to support those who need assistance. This creates a positive for all. The givers and the takers. The true meaning of ask and you shall recieve is assistance in life!

The meaning is golden by speaking of the internal spirit but support must be given externally to feed the poor and help the unfortunate. With the money they have this can be achieved with the right guidence.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
Q: are you an Atheists ?

Q: do you defend Atheism and support it's teachings and also align with others who consider themselves Atheists?

Q: do you actively peruse hatred or distrust against all other ways of thinking if it does not fall in line with your way of thinking ?

mind you there is not only Christianity in the world but there are quite possibly a few dozen other belief systems out there.

Q1 - nope
Q2 - occasionally
Q3 - hatred? never ... that's a complete waste of good energy ~~ distrust? often until proven otherwise.
geez, apparently you missed the news ... Druidism has JUST been approved as a 'religion' by the UK govt/Vatican, this year and it's how old again??? dates back long before Christianity or many of the 'other' religions espoused today. source: www.sanctepater.com...

what is your problem with accepting or considering the opinion or belief or faith or the lack of such that may be held by others?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The Holy See is considered to be its own nation, it maintains diplomatic relations with almost all countries, and even in those that it does not the Catholic Church is present in a spiritual capacity (priests, nuns, the faithful). It has a lot of political involvement and interests there are Catholics everywhere

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
matthew 23:5-12 "Everthying they do is done for men to see: they make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call the 'rabbi'. But you are not to be called 'rabbi' for you have only one master and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one teacher, the christ. The greatest among you will be your servant. For whever exalts himslef will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."
My problem with the catholic church. Contradicts it's own teaching, it is founded upon the glory of men.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The Catholic church pushes the factual idea of God. Without any 'factual' proof. My position on the catholic God, is like a debunker to the UFO Phenomenom. In both cases, there is plenty of documentation pushing forward the claims of a distinct presence. Yet without proof beyond a reasonable doubt. I can not, consider it a valid truth. Provide me with proof that, your church really represents what it claims to be in the name of?

Oh and not to put down the UFO believers. In reality im more likely to see a UFO, before I see this so called "God" of catholicism.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Amdusias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
what is your problem with accepting or considering the opinion or belief or faith or the lack of such that may be held by others?

there is that voice again

I have no problem with it... in case you do not remember or have not read the last few pages, it is I asking you what problem you have with accepting Atheism as a belief ?

good try though...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

incase someone got their user names mixed up, that question was actually directed to MrWendal

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

HAHAHAHA they sure were there during the holocaust weren't they? where is your proof jesus established the church of catholicism? using the bible as a reference doesn't count either, seeing as that book has been written by and re-written by so many men and so many key religious "issues" left out and locked away it is all assumption at this point

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well this topic really hit a nerve or two with me personally. Sure, I could go into how abused I was during my stent at my local catholic school but why? I'm no cry baby. But for you to come out proclaiming absolute sovereignty to the catholic church on ATS is simply ridiculous. You obviously don't belong here...so why are you here ranting and raving about the catholic church and their "good deeds"?

Are you delusional or just just asking for any kind of attention? Hey, I guess as the saying goes "Bad press is better than No press". Is this what you're after? I highly doubt you'll get any of that here. As a matter of fact, I'm sure you're being slammed to your supposed "HELL" as we speak.

Your type highly amuses me. No, I don't ignore the rights of others to practice religion, but for a complete "JackWagon" such as yourself to come here and scream your beliefs is just ridiculous. I have an idea for your future....it's called the Comedy Store located on Sunset Blvd., here in Los Angeles....take this funny $hit there. At least you'll get a laugh or two

Grow up dude....we all have our personal beliefs...hence the word "personal". Get a clue or get lost
No purpose what so ever....no mind bending statements....nothing to see here folks, let's move on!

edit on 29-12-2010 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: no reason

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Amdusias

Oh and not to put down the UFO believers. In reality im more likely to see a UFO, before I see this so called "God" of catholicism.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

there is that voice again

I have no problem with it... in case you do not remember or have not read the last few pages, it is I asking you what problem you have with accepting Atheism as a belief ?

good try though...

i still don't accept Atheism as a 'belief'. I perceive it as the word originated, a concept ... not as the various definitions have evolved over the years.

Here is the word origin from which my opinion is formed ... from MW: Origin of ATHEISM ~~ Middle French athéisme, from athée atheist, from Greek atheos godless, from a- + theos god
First Known Use: 1546

so given the above, i would infer that to have a 'belief' in a 'godless god' is rather difficult and somewhat a conundrum, isn't it?

i never indicated i had any problem with it either. i don't subscribe to the overall concept, however, i find both value and relevance in the recognized discoveries, advancements, impact and general influence the group as a whole have and continue to contribute. one is not always required to participate in order to achieve understanding or acceptance.

However, i will say this, for not being classified an Atheist, i and they sure share alot in common, but then again, i can also say that about a dozen other religions or 'concepts' (those practices that are not yet recognized as a 'religion' ...ie: Druidism / last year).

With celtic origins, christian foundations and much interfaith exposure throughout my life, i have found this one truth throughout ... The Golden Rule ... preached by all, yet, practiced by few ... it is my fading fantasy that one day, that single concept will enable the world to become what was once intended. ~~ peace to all ~~

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Bsbray11

Inquisiton pictures? Wow..those were pretty scary pictures.
I personaly liked Mel Brooks version much better in the History of the World Part One. Mels version included a "little" torture,but also had dancing show girls come out of water with sparkler candles on their heads, in sync, in the shape of a monorah.
Mels version is better.
Just sayin.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by bsbray11

These were baptized Catholics who went against the word of god and for the most were excommunicated from the church. No way/ no how did any pope ever sing "death orders" For the most part it was the government/King who oversaw these inquisitions , not the pope.

Most were excommunicated.... For the most part it was the government/king....

And when it wasn't?

You think the Pope is "God's official mouthpiece," don't you?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
OP...

You are seriously one of the most ignorant religious nutjobs I have seen on these boards for some time.

Catholic church never killed anyone, no Pope gave orders to kill anyone. The Catholic Church has never been involved in covering up child molestation.

I do not think you are mistaken or delusional. I think you are a good old fashioned liar that would do anything to cover up your religions evils.

You want to know the type of person who would cover for a pedophile. Go take a long hard look in the mirror.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

i still don't accept Atheism as a 'belief'. I perceive it as the word originated, a concept ... not as the various definitions have evolved over the years.

it is made a belief by the actions of its followers, they bind together and sing the same tune, and in turn a belief and a professed faith...

kinda like head-hunters. I would love to see how these self-proclaimed mini green-men gods do up against attacking anything other than Christianity. But their efforts will be useless because Christianity is in their head and in their language (it's a conspiracy) when you own a peoples language you own their mind ! there is no escaping it... no escaping the Truth.

but I guess you have to go after the biggest of denominations to even be acknowledged...

a tough bunch of spoiled brats these professed Atheists are, the NWO owns them at the moment but Truth happens... I can not wait until they grow up and atleast into Agnosticism or they may land themselves in the grave first... (as many of my friends have) "that's a lesson in Morality for you"

Deny Ignorance and respect all Religions because surely this tiny minority group of children are not going to eradicate all of the religions of the world, they are not smart enough to even see the bigger picture.

Atheists consume bovine fecal matter, they really do ! I have seen it on youtube

Hey... anyone have an extra mirror, so I may stare into it all day, and bow into it ?

edit on 12/29/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
We are living at a time when mankind seems to sense that the end of all things is very near. Just about everyone has a theory as to how the world is threatened and when that end might come. The media and the Internet are full of doomsday speculations concerning the New Age "Mayan Calendar" and the year 2012. Some scientists predict that Global Warming could wipe out life on Planet Earth within a certain number of years. At the same time, politicians work to halt the proliferation of life-destroying nuclear weapons before it is "too late." High profile news reports of economic downturns, crime, wars, tsunamis, earthquakes, and disease outbreaks cause people to question whether God is bringing judgment on the world.

wecanknow.com

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join