It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the Catholic Church ever do to You?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm only posting here to tell OP that he is dead wrong if he believes that Christ established Catholic Church. If Christ was alive today He would be petrified to see how much the Catholic church - the Great Harlot - has perverted his teaching. YOU sir need to get YOUR facts straight.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by PapiBobbert

Okay now please explain to me eastern orthodox? Open mouth and please insert foot.

I'm going to make a sticky note to myself, that I do not participate in your threads. There are many good answers, that rebut your claims. The ones you do respond to seem to get a snarky response, such as the one above.

I'm not seeing a "conspiracy" here. Just someone who can't accept others who have opposing views.

Or you are a troll.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Seriously, 99 % of all you posters out there seem to have beef with the catholic church. The Church Jesus Christ himself established. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ? The Church has always been there though out the ages always giving and supporting people in need.You cant always turn toward your family but you can always count on the Catholic church. (hypocrites)

Mods, please post this where you seem fit. Thanks OO
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

You're absolutely right, the church has been there throughout the ages, you know protecting paedophiles, authorising invasions of countries, running inquisitions, stemming scientific discovery, causing death by preventing condom use in Africa and basically being a drag on humanities progress.

I have nothing against the individual catholic, my dad is catholic, i do have a huge problem with large religious institutions and the catholic church is pretty much the biggest runner in that race.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Seriously, 99 % of all you posters out there seem to have beef with the catholic church. The Church Jesus Christ himself established. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ? The Church has always been there though out the ages always giving and supporting people in need.You cant always turn toward your family but you can always count on the Catholic church. (hypocrites)

Mods, please post this where you seem fit. Thanks OO
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

You are SERIOUSLY MISINFORMED!
Jesus DID NOT stablished ANY RELIGION! He's message was LOVE.
Then thousands of years later came the so called "church" and then as we all know, hell broke loose.

If you are REALLY interested in knowing Christ life, check the Gnostic Gospels/Teachings. They are the closest thing available about the Nazarenes (they were gnostics, so Jesus was too).

Its funny to see people talk about Jesus without even KNOWING the dead sea scrolls, or the Nag Hammadi library... just sad. But what can we expect since the "catolic church" is againt any sense that WE DONT NEED A RELIGION TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH GOD! Hes INSIDE us!!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Really? You should do some research....
2nd...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyeaware

you forgot the dark ages
the slaughter of the native americans
hitler (the first reich was the ROMAN EMPIRE the holy gemanic empire was the second reich)
lets not forget north ireland
the inquisition

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
No, I'm sorry but you are extremely wrong. It has nothing to do with deism at all...

exactly, I did say self deism... (idolatry) (see: Signature below)

woe is he who bow unto his own version of truth.

Atheists must spend more time looking into a mirror than anyone else on the planet, I believe this is true... even more time than my sisters getting ready for a day out at the mall !

edit on 12/29/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You want proof? Proof is the existence of the POPE and the Vaticans.

First of all, where in the bible/or other text does it state that the christian/catholic religion needs a Pope? Where in the bible or world does it state that there must be a Vatican? Why is the Pope worshipped, is he jesus or is he a connection to god or is he just someone elected to rule (dictate) this religion? Where in the world/bible states that the Pope need to be dressed in gold lace, live in a glamourous home and allow the rest of the world to starve? Hmmm, did jesus dress so extravagent and lived in a glamourous home? I think not!

First of all, those questions needs to be answer before anyone can continue on what the Catholic church or this religion has done. When one can understand and realize that the leader (pope) of the catholic/christian church was never mention in the bible or is suppose to exist, then one can understand that the beginning of the creation of this religion was a control system to create totalitarian (which controls and eliminates people who do not agree with them).

Examples of Totalitarian: Hitler, Joseph Stalin and etc...

Also I understand your not here to listen to our opinions but to only declare your opinion and that your for this religion. But you should really ask yourself why or who created the vatican and the pope, and for what purpose.
edit on 29-12-2010 by unlimited1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2010 by unlimited1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2010 by unlimited1 because: Adding a sentence

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

and I tend to believe Isaac Newton's (the second most influential man in History) definition of Atheism, than anyone here could possibly define it.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeaware
reply to post by MrWendal

Is this what the religious people resort to when they hit a wall by someone stating the obvious?
If so, i think you just blew my mind. Makes alota sense

edit on 28-12-2010 by thirdeyeaware because: typoo

Now if you go back and read my very brief debate with Evil3unnie, you will see all the typical tactics used and countered. Once you break through the circular argument, get past the personal attacks, and the religious zealot is forced to confront the obvious contradiction laid out in front of them, they retreat.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
OP

To get to the heart of "our beef" , maybe we should rephrase your question...

You give me some hard fact figures on how many people have been saved by the Catholic church. That will mean proof of everlasting life of course, opinions are NOT valid.

And I will put up some figures on how many people the Catholic Church have killed. Horrible, slow, tortuous deaths recorded throughout history. All facts not opinions.

I bet you your soul you will fail to reply successfully.
edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

shame so many ppl still live in the past as though it was just yesterday. Atheism has never really blossomed but then again, neither has the truth about much of anything. pssst: Newton died long before Darwin was ever born.

Instead of claiming you know about Atheism (clearly you do not), try starting here --> www.positiveatheism.org... ... and perhaps you'll discover that the Atheists of Newton's day aren't the Atheists of Today. In the days of Newton, Atheists = Christians. Did you know that your Freudian approach to the topic is quite Atheistic ??

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What did the Vatican do?

They are the world's pimp for pedophiles the world over. They help totalitarians misinform. There might be some history where they've been there preaching STRONG faith, just before half the worlds wars and atrocities got going good. But, hey, it's like that lighter fluid you put on the charcoal grill -- it doesn't start the fire nor provide most of the flame -- it's just there to get the blaze going quickly.

Heck, these days, the Catholic Church is just another franchise and aren't going to rock the boat. Not sure if they or the Mormons own the most land in the USA.

Now, the American Evangelicals and their desire to bring about "the End Times" - those are the new kids and they are CRAZY!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

shame so many ppl still live in the past as though it was just yesterday. Atheism has never really blossomed but then again, neither has the truth about much of anything. pssst: Newton died long before Darwin was ever born.

Instead of claiming you know about Atheism (clearly you do not), try starting here --> www.positiveatheism.org... ... and perhaps you'll discover that the Atheists of Newton's day aren't the Atheists of Today. In the days of Newton, Atheists = Christians. Did you know that your Freudian approach to the topic is quite Atheistic ??

One REALLY positive thing about Atheists; they are going to work to make THIS life better and aren't jumping into a war without being REALLY SURE.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
This is one of those silly circular arguments often used by people who believe in religion. Atheism is the rejection of religion. So if rejection of religion is a religion, that is like saying not playing football is a sport or not bird watching is a hobby.

as I have said to another poster, you may take that up with Isaac Newton and other great minds from History and Present... to "profess" something means to believe in it, and it also means to "teach" or "preach" it.

one must have a fine understanding of the subtle nuances in the English language possibly in order to grasp a better understanding of the definition of Atheism.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

One REALLY positive thing about Atheists; they are going to work to make THIS life better and aren't jumping into a war without being REALLY SURE.

you had me til the 'war' statement ... unfortunately, many Atheists (on all sides) are participating in deadly wars that are none of their own creation. Much as i wish it was different, it is not. Given the need, many Atheists i know would defend their belief as equally as any religious zealot ... doesn't make either side, right.

As much as perception is a gift, it is a curse. It always amazes me that ppl have such difficulty rationalizing a perception vs a problem. Religion is good/bad = perception ~~ Religion is the ONLY way = problem.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

as I have said to another poster, you may take that up with Isaac Newton and other great minds from History and Present... to "profess" something means to believe in it, and it also means to "teach" or "preach" it.

one must have a fine understanding of the subtle nuances in the English language possibly in order to grasp a better understanding of the definition of Atheism.

nuances you say?? just what was your definition of Atheism ?? please don't say "Newton's quote", an analogy is hardly any form of a definition ... and, the analogy isn't intended as you seem to have comprehended. So, please, do share YOUR definition of Atheism.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

oh but Atheists are at war... they are at war with Theism, it is quite obvious.

and also quite apparent by their profession in it

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'd just like to thank the OP for providing some of the most unintelligent posts I've seen on here. It's important to remember that just because you're here, doesn't mean you're of even average intellect. Good to know.

I'm sure glad to see another Pro-Jesus, Anti-everything else post. There was a void in my life for a few hours. I'm sure your saviour would be pleased. ha.

No more lies.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Maybe 99% are correct.

The Roman Catholic church has never done anything to me, personally, because I do not belong.

But it has damaged people in just about every way you can imagine, including:

Sexual abuse of many people - well documented.

Forcing poor people to have more kids they can't look after by banning contraception - in other words, blocking human rights.

Maintaining the vatican - an obscene conclave of disgustingly rich old men who let their followers starve.

When Jesus told Peter to found a church in His name, he did not intend this corrupt edifice - the whore of Babylon.

And expecting Roman Catholics to believe that the Pope is next in line after God - oh please! Look at how many corrupt popes have existed.

The whole thing stinks.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join