It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest / oddest / weirdest / most interesting thing you've ever found?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I found $20 lying in the "tray" / dispenser area of an ATM once. Yes, I kept it.

I then went to a friend's home, told them what happened, and one guy there told me about a friend of his who came upon a "mis loaded" cash machine. They had put $50s in the $20 area. So this guy and a couple other people went back to this cash machine and withdrew all they could.

Yeah, that's stealing. But then again - hmmm..... not sure what I would've done when confronted by the same thing. Probably be honest because there are cameras all over these days

I considered mine a "find" anyway - it was just laying there.

I also got lucky one time at a laundry - someone had fed enough coins into a dryer to keep it going for like 2 hours. A worker at this laundry pointed it out to me - said - use that dryer - it's already paid, some goof stuffed a whole bunch of money in it.

Wow. I have a pretty boring life
If these are exciting things to me, finding $20 and free drying at the laundry LOL.

My uncle heard about someone who found a $1,000 winning "scratch off" lottery ticket. Someone had tossed it into the trash at a gas station, some other guy was waiting in line and saw it lying on top of the trash - and realized what it was. I wanna find some of these!

OK - I actually did remember a find that is kinda unusual.......

I smoke cigs. I know, I know, it's a horrible habit. But hey, I'm addicted. And the addiction is the worst part. I could care less about cigs when I have them and in fact try to keep consumption low and would like to quit one day.

But when you don't have any.....and you are having a bad day......

So I was really at a low point once - whole life in toilet, unemployed, no money. And no cigs. And on this day - I was jonesin. There were no friends or neighbors home that I could "bum one" from either. I was desperate for a cig. Could not scrape up enough $ for a pack. I was "climbing the walls" and decided to go for a walk to burn off some nervous energy - and - maybe I would find some money or something to get a pack (highly unlikely as cigs are $10, $12 / pack here and I had like $1 to my name......)

So anyway, I was out walking around, looking on the ground, and what do I find? A pack of cigarettes.
My brand even. Well, close enough. They were Marlboro Reds, shorts, soft pack. (I smoked Marlboro Lights at the time.) It was nearly a full pack and looked as if it had fallen from someone's pocket.

Yes, I took them, and smoked them. I *was* hesitant a bit - not that I fear people "drugging things" or like that - not quite *that* paranoid - but - I did think - well - what if some dog peed on this or something? etc. But, they seemed OK and like I said - I was craving a smoke bad.

Hmmmmm.........maybe there IS something to this idea of "putting thoughts out into the universe".

?

But it could've been simple coincidence too - it was summer at the time and alot of outdoor work people were around, it is the kind of cig favored by the blue collar male, as well as plenty of others, common popular cig, and it clearly fell out of someone's back pocket, by the way the pack was smashed. So.

But still, kind of odd...... I walk around plenty and that is the *only* time I've found a nearly new / full pack of fresh cigs lying right in my path......

Sorry for length here, and I'm giving myself the creeps now too

edit on 31-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: typos

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A few years back me and my husband went to a fast food restaurant when I found a black leather male 'purse' kind of thing on the empty chair next to me, it contained almost 500 euros and nothing else, no ID or adress card, just the money.... no one came asking for it the time we ate there so we kept it.+

second most strangest thing:
When we just bought our house, I was snooping around in a small wooden 'garden hut' in the back of our land, almost completely overgrown with plants. There was mostly old garden furniture inside of it, but in the back corner I found a very small Chinese cabinet with beautifull carvings in it. I opened it and the first thing that came out was a swarm of musqueeto's, which had me running... when I went back in the first thing I saw in the cabinet was a single bullet standing up right in the middle of the shelve. It kinda felt like a bad omen, lol. I threw out the bullet but restored the cabinet, it has a nice place in my livingroom now.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Years ago I was up in Wyoming going over over the site of an old ghost town with my metal detector...
Well I was out back of what was the old Cat House (Whorehouse) when I hit on a Silver baby spoon made by Tiffany's of New York in the late 1800's...
of all the little trinkets I own that darn baby spoon is the most valuable...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

do you live in London?? i heard about that somewhere and it said that there was over $3000 stolen from the ATM machine (almost called it an ATS machine)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
so many, but ill never forget the day i was cruising around the suburbs on my bike as a kid. and found a house that obviously had burnt down the night before. i went inside and opend the fridge cause it was obvoiusly still sweet i guessed. got a bottle of wine and in the garage under a rug i found a half melted cassette tape.

turned out it was metallica, i was 11. . never looked back!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I bought some acreage and on the land was an abandoned trailer house. Under the trailer house 3 beautiful bass guitars a Fender Jazz, a Fender Precision and a no name Japanese bass, all from the Late 60s early 70s. Cleaned them up put on new strings and still gig with the Jazz bass today but traded the other two for a Strat.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
When i was in primary school in around year 3 I think i found a key on the way home it looks to be some sort of lock box key and i still have it on my keys today!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As has been said, all of the above:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT to add:

reply to post by uk today

hey

edit on 2-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
We bought a historic home several yrs ago and while doing work around the house we found 2 porcelain small dolls under the insulation in a locked room that was gutted after a person here had died of an illness.. the previous fam just kept it locked. Now we do while we are remodeling it. I keep them in a mahogany built in cabinet in the dining room.

When we were blowing in insulation between the brick ( its a double brick farm house) and there was a mummified cat and a bunch of shoes we had to pull out. Ick..

We found a HUGE cast iron cauldrom half buried in the back yard. We took it out, fixed it up and still have it.

The worst thing here was the little girl panties in a wall downstairs.. we had a mold issue from a busted cast iron pipe and they took out a wall. in the wall were maybe a dozen and a half pairs of little girl panties. Being a mom naturally I thought the worst and was horrified. I guess this past summer the people down the street told us that the older son who was a dead beat lived in the basement and was in and out of prison. The families on the block wouldnt let their kids go over here to play with the younger kids because the oldest son was a creep.

You just never know what you will find in these old homes. Its a little over a century old... so I bet we arent done discovering!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

That sounds as weird as hell tbh man, almost cult!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
reply to post by Advantage

That sounds as weird as hell tbh man, almost cult!

I dont know.. they said they were Christians and had crosses covering everything when we viewed the house. They had them PUSH PINNED them into the mahogany pillars that lead to the dining room. That has to be some kind of super-sin in antique house maintenance or something..
We can look up court cases here and the oldest sons record is a mile long.. Hed broken into the house once when we were newly moved in and busted.. I figure he was just one of those wacko folks and the apple doesnt fall far from the tree

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hello again, very cool thread you got started up here.

I find random weird things a lot... the most recent just happened to me the other day - I let my dogs out to go to the bathroom the other day and noticed something shining off a small table my mom has out in the garden.. so I walk over and check it out - turns out there's a small pile of coins lying on top of it, nothing too impressive... lots of pennies, nickels, dimes, and a few quarters. I went to pick a couple of them up but they were all frozen stuck so I just left them there... but here's the twist to it, I get home today and my mom asks me something about "putting change out to make a wish for new year's".. it took me a minute to figure out what in the world she was talking about, but then realized she was asking me about the pile of coins.. so I go on to tell her that I didn't put them there, but saw them the other day.. and just thought my dad put them there.. I was going to ask about them but I completely forgot they were even there til today. Anyway, she tells me how she asked him about it and he said he didn't put them out there.. so basically, either one of my parents is being a total weirdo and thinks they are being funny.. or somebody else put them there. Who knows.

This one's far less interesting but I still found a random object for whatever reason:
Going back a few years ago, I found a small figurine of a "lion statue" at work, and for whatever reason something told me to pick it up and keep it. To this day I still have it, and look at it as being a sort of "good luck" charm - not too long ago, again my mom asks me "what's up with the little lion statue?" so I tell her how I found it a few years ago and just thought it was kind of neat, she then tells me how it's part of a set of these collectible figurines you get in packs of Red Rose tea... which she drinks TONS of, and has been collecting the little figurines - I don't remember if she had the lion one yet or not... like I said, nothing too exciting for that one, just random and strange...

Going back probably around 5 or 6 years, I went on a camping trip with a group of friends.. and after drinking a lot of rum and cokes, we decided to go swimming out under a bridge... after swimming around for a little while, one of my friends started building a "dam" in the middle of the stream. If you would have seen it, he totally looked like some Native American Warrior out catching fish... anyway, after a few minutes, me and another friend there decide to go down and help him.. shortly after I discovered a small toy car, pretty sure it was a "hot wheels" - but the funny thing to it was that it was a black Lamborghini police car - how many police cars are Lamborghini's? I dunno, I just thought it was really weird.. I showed everyone there it, but quickly tossed it back in the stream.

Then another time, back in around 3rd or 4th grade, I was over at a friends house.. and we were out playing in the woods.. decided to go exploring; we each had a hatchet to put marks in the trees with so we wouldn't get lost. After walking back a good distance, maybe a mile.. we saw these "tire tracks" in the dirt - they were completely parrellel to each other, like that of a small truck or 4-wheeler.. but the weird thing was there were trees growing in between them. So we followed them for a while trying to figure out what made them.. leading us to a small run down shack. We were getting ready to go check out what was inside of the shack when out of nowhere we both heard a bunch of really loud banging noises.. like somebody firing off a few rounds of a gun or slamming a door shut - but we didn't see anyone else anywhere. We totally freaked out and assumed it was poachers, so we both took off running as fast as we could - luckily we had left the marks in the trees so we were able to find our way back to his house.

I have a few more but I'm getting tired, maybe I'll type them up later.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
we were campin around estes park one summer. i got up to take a wiz that mornin and washed out a ring. took it to a jewler the next week and sold it to him for a thousand dollars. lucky me.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

so erm . . . . . how did you know they were deer guts? just askin

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dayveewayvee720

I just assumed they were, since it's a common practice in those parts to leave them on the ground where they gutted the deer. Finding guts of any kind is just plain freaky at any rate.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

What is the strangest / oddest / weirdest / most interesting thing you've ever found?

When i was a kid,can't remember age,in the garden of an abandoned house, where i used to play,i found a rusty ninja star.I was sooo excited.I still have it somewhere.

PS i live in Greece.No ninjas around here

top topics

<< 1   >>

join