It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice Technical Analysis of Imminent Collapse of the Dollar

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by Trueman

Yes, I have food and other necessities (toilet paper, soap, guns, ammo, candles, general survival supplies, etc.) stored safely. I grow practically everything that will grow on my property that is useful and will grow. I have a greenhouse with fruit trees that would otherwise freeze. I have a well that can supply the garden and house. I intend to set up a windmill to operate the well. I also will be adding rainwater collection and water testing equipment. I hope to add more silver, it has more uses than just currency.
We make homemade beer, candles, soaps, bread, etc., from bulk supplies. We save our seed, and use only heirloom seed. We can, freeze, pickle, but don't yet cure meats... it's on the list. My wife cuts my hair.

The coming years will be life changing, but it can be for the better. I don't worry, I just try to prepare. The uncertainty of the future has actually made the present more interesting for us, but I can understand how many would be very nervous. But, I began to seriously prepare about three years ago, when my understanding of macro-economics told me something is seriously wrong.

Brother God bless you for that !!...that's very good and I'm happy for you and family. Saving gold and silver is good for many reasons but we must learn how to be self-efficient for the years to come, and you made a good example. It's all about increase the chances to survive, without relying in a government or an economic system for a long period of time.

The colapse is not going to be economic, it will be a general colapse and will include many situations impossible to control by any government, Mother Earth will rule for a while and no man can stop her wrath. An economic "shut down" will be just one of the concecuences, not the real problem we'll face. Our leaders know all this right now, and they are preparing themselves for what's going to happen and we are not included in their plans, so it's up to us.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Thanks for the added analysis. I am happy people are getting the real picture here. I realize the shows that are harbinger to the collapse of the financial system still have to pay their bills. But to see these shows push these gold and silver brokers really ruins their credibility. Disreputable companies are making money on "limited" offers using commodity prices that are being fabricated in order to switch out the dollar as the base currency. This planned molestation of the dollar is plainly obvious and has been reported on since the late 90's.

When you can adjust commodity prices like silver with the flip of a switch (check out JP Morgan's latest scandal), what in your right mind makes you believe that gold and silver are safe investments and immune to a collapsing economy?

Just because President Lincoln saved America with the Greenback doesn't mean we are the same responsible America today. Frankly, this isn't that America. We live on land owned by a corporation.

edit on 31-12-2010 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hello CodeRed, first let me say that anyone who commits a substantial percentage of their liquid net worth to precious metals based on a television commercial, probably has no business investing to begin with. Gold hustlers are no different from the rogues gallery of penny stock scammers that abound in the general equities market during any given market cycle. This same variety of huckster crawled-out from under their rocks during the last bull market in Gold...and no, ultimately the global financial system didn't collapse then either.

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
When you can adjust commodity prices like silver with the flip of a switch (check out JP Morgan's latest scandal), what in your right mind makes you believe that gold and silver are safe investments and immune to a collapsing economy?

What makes me believe ? I guess the rising balance in my brokerage account, and the stellar performance of my physical Gold/Silver position across the past 10 years.....this in-spite of heavy bullion bank manipulation. I've been watching JP Morgan and related Comex vermin "flip the switch" on the futures exchange for the past decade...all the way from $265 to over $1400 now. You see, eventually market forces trump manipulation, so keep on flipping I say ! Every coordinated take-down only extends the life of this secular bull market, and represents another buying opportunity for the educated precious metals investor. Every time Gold/Silver print a new all time high, JPM's entire, horrendous, short position goes underwater...every ounce. Any idea what their mark to market exposure is costing them on a daily basis ? They're bleeding BILLION'S! Deep, deep trouble here. Take a peek at the long term dollar chart, then take a good look around, the US economy is already collapsing, has been for three years (just don't confuse the economy with the market ticker), and where is Gold ?

History provides us with numerous examples of precious metals performance in severe economic/financial crises...Wiemar may be the quintessential case study.... Eastern Europe, South America, Asia (most recently Argentina...Zimbabwe). History says; when faith in paper evaporates, there's only one logical alternative...hard money. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be....Amen

edit on 31-12-2010 by OBE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2010 by OBE1 because: Housekeeping

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
History provides us with numerous examples of precious metals performance in severe economic/financial crises...Wiemar may be the quintessential case study.... Eastern Europe, South America, Asia (most recently Argentina...Zimbabwe). History says; when faith in paper evaporates, there's only one logical alternative...hard money. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be....Amen

King James
Eze 7:19 They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity.

Contemporary English Version
Eze 7:19 Your silver and gold will be thrown into the streets like garbage, because those are the two things that led you into sin, and now they cannot save you from my anger. They are not even worth enough to buy food.

Sorry, but you said Amen. I couldn't resist.
But this scripture is not too terribly off. It references to what the Bible describes as the time frame just before Armageddon. Whether you are a Christian or not, it is interesting that this scripture actually references that the acquisition of these metals is what has brought on their troubles.

Apart from the Bible reference, the devaluing of silver and gold at this stage makes logical sense - despite the history lesson.
edit on 31-12-2010 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/003dc91595a9.jpg[/atsimg]

If a blend of scripture and monetary issues is your cup-o-tea, hard-shell Christian silver bull, Jason Hommel, just might be your brewmeister.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

LOL, OK, OK... I'm bested.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Wasn't salt used as value of exchange for many years? People were payed for work in salt; that's where the word 'salary' comes from. At one time I'm sure people thought that salt was a wise investment that would never lose value. But now you can go to the grocery store and pick up a pound of table salt for about 50 cents. Heck, up here in Minnesota, road crews fill up hole dump trucks with the stuff to spread on roads to melt the snow and ice.

I'd don't understand the great appeal of gold. It's nice but it's not that nice. Given today's prices I'd have to fork over several weeks of my entire pay from my full time job just to buy one lousy once of the metal. I can see myself now looking at one of those gold coins I just bought and thinking to myself, what am I going to do with this? After all it's not the most practical of metals. While it does have very good electroconductivity, in most cases copper or other metals are good enough to get the job done.

Most of the worlds gold that is actually used for anything is to make jewelry. And as the price of gold goes up, the amount used to make jewelry goes down. That would indicate to me that any large increase in price, that causes decreased use in jewelry manufacture, would be a speculative increase whereby the increased demand would solely be from those who speculate they will be able to sell to someone else in the future for a higher price than what it was originally bought. Usually in such cases the price eventually comes down to what those who have an end use for the product (jewelry manufacturer's) are willing to pay. Otherwise, a substitute may be used until the price decreases.

One metal that has seen increased use in jewelry is titanium. Titanium has similarities to gold in being resistant to corrosion but also some advantages as well. If you heat titanium, some cool colors can be created in the metal. Additionally titanium is biologically very neutral so it does not typically irritate the skin. And currently a one pound titanium ingot sells for about 12 dollars. Maybe I'll see if I can take delivery somehow as a retail customer - and stock up on some salt while I'm at it.

Edit to add:
I recognize thought that the great decrease in the relative value of salt compared to some ancient times owes to the increased supply afforded by the modern salt mining machines and the combustion engine that provides the transportation of the salt to the market. However in the event of a civil emergency salt could once again be a barter for commerce as it is still in demand both as a flavor enhancer as well as a biological necessity.

I also realize that gold has retained a remarkable ability at maintaining its image as a brand. However I do wonder if that allure will necessarily continue. After all, it's not as though gold's appeal is somehow encoded in our genetic make-up, is it? And if by chance it did go out of favor as a fashion item, what would that do gold's value as a medium of exchange? Additionally, during a civil emergency, fashion and jewelry will probably rank fairly low in importance in people's minds. In that situation rank survival will be paramount, and physical items will be seen as having the greatest value that which can be used directly to maintain survival. However, assuming things work themselves out to some modern civil normalcy, then gold may once again may be exchanged for dollars or ameros (while your old dollars might be worthless).

Also regarding titanium, one big advantage it has over gold is that it has a great deal of mechanical uses in industry, especially in medicine & aerospace. Both the engines and structures of jet airplanes typically require large amounts of titanium. However, in a civil emergency, I'm thinking that maybe ordinary iron and steel may be highly valued if people were to have to set up makeshift old fashioned blacksmith workshops to fabricate the necessary tools for survival.

edit on 1-1-2011 by QtheQ because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Financial Sense Newshour provides two rare opportunities this weekend. First, a brief interview with the aging "Godfather of Newsletter Writers", Richard Russel on general market conditions..Gold..and a few depression era remembrances.

Next, we get 40 minutes with the author of When Money Dies: The Nightmare of the Weimar Collapse - Adam Fergusson, 1975

Link

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Thanks for that link!
Don't give up on us, some of us live for good information!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
When I posted this last November, I had just read the November issue of the Trends Journal. Celente made a startling prediction that in the end summer of 2011, the US dollar would be falling rapidly and by winter it would be dead.

Man... someone was right on the ball here. Check out the latest 15 threads of the forum now. Do you realize that even the Swiss Franc is taking a proverbial nosedive? This crash is already effecting everyone - not to the mention the price of gold.

When gold and silver hits a breakaway point no government is going to accept it for currency. It will be as worthless as the real inflation its exposing. In the plan for establishing a new emergency global currency, accepting material collateralization is a mathematical and logistical impossibility.

During the great depression, using gold and silver as currency was against the law. President Lincoln was assassinated over silver Greenbacks. People will be throwing their gold and silver in the street because it will be worth about as much as costume jewelry.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What ive learend and been educated on the NWO, starting at 19, in 1994, tape i seen smuggled in(thats all i know) some guy explaining how thios country is gunna be carved up into sections, globalization..the dollar will need to go, due to our rulers establishing thier plan and agendas. Once the dollar is done with, gone* gold in more than theory, is something you can purchase or barter with for a short time at least. silver being the 2nd. what also helps, is having extra things people need, and knowing who to barter with.. sugar, flour, water, cigarrettes, socks n underwear, basic necessitys can be woth much more than gold..you cannot eat or wash with gold.. (soap too, left that one out, ide imagine soap would be a much sought after item).

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The point is, once gold and silver are in use for bartering or financial exchange by many..thas when you know were past the point of a depression its survival now.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't mean to be too cynical. I'm just getting a laugh out of seeing all the vultures spinning their ads about buying gold "while you still can" and "while it's at this price". It's taken advantage of the majority of the population that can't afford this investment and who should be investing on food and sustainable shelter. Putting faith in gold and silver is like buying dollars. The inflation is all the same.

Just because the price of gold is going up doesn't mean its value is. It just means the currency itself is collapsing. The gold trade is a scam.

If you are buying it for resale to the microchip industry, that's one thing. But buying gold to replace a currency based on that same currency's falling value is insane!

Gold isn't going to shield people from an economic collapse. That's absurd.

You people aren't that stupid! I know you can see the bigger picture here.

edit on 17-8-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join