It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice Technical Analysis of Imminent Collapse of the Dollar

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
you need to start a new currency.
one that can not be easily abused.
and that can be monitored easily.
when the gold crashes.
it will be land and the ability to grow food.
and small army's to keep it safe.

9mm bullets will become a good currency.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by Trueman

I realize you are not addressing me, but if I may respond to your comment.
Of course, if you want to build a fire, you will need fuel. You cannot use gold nor silver, but that is not the point, wood is not currency, gold and silver are universal and quite real.
In a collapse, barter is king, anything of value is good, but gold is still gold, and wood is still just wood. it grows on trees, so to speak.
The point you should keep in mind, is it is not only the west, you and I, that rush to gold and silver (and other precious metals..look up "precious"...) when a currency collapse is looming. It is all about confidence, and people rush to gold and silver because of confidence, away from paper, your wood. Are you going to light your fire with paper money?
Maybe.
Creating wealth is always what it is about, and a profitable business can't be beat by anything. Barring that reality, gold represents "trade-able" wealth. Don't let anybody kid you.

I do realize what you are saying and thanks for your explanation, don't believe I won't take it in consideration.

But, there will be a moment when no economical system will be available, no banks or wall street. Then, exchange of goods will be the only way for a while. Food, clothes, shoes will be considered exchangable.

Please consider my words if you want to increase your chances to survive.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Been ordering it from banks and locking it in safety deposit boxes for years.

lol

these wouldn't be safety deposit
boxes in a bank would it ???

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

lol

these wouldn't be safety deposit
boxes in a bank would it ???

Mmmmm, I find not easy to believe bankers will have doors open for those who have that kind of deposit (or any other kind), when people need it, I mean when the worldwide economy suspends its activities.

Bank Teller : Gold???...what gold?...I don't know what are you talking about.

Costumer Service won't answer the phone neither.

Why would you trust the same guys that caused the problem?

I am 100% sure also bankers have lots of MRIs, water, medicine, guns and supplies hiding at home or bunkers.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
And I'm actually taking this a bit further though. And I do deserve the flame for this. But I feel compelled to speak up.

Paper Assets = Hard Assets

Our whole system is based on that structure, even after Nixon's assault back in the 70's. When the paper goes, so will the value of hard assets - with the exception of food and ammunition. This is the whole point of the indictment of JP Morgan for fudging the value of silver since 2008.
edit on 27-12-2010 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

I can all but assure you that the new monetary system coming from TPTB is not going to include your gold and silver reserve. That was more my point. It's a scary concept really. Who's head is going to be on the new Dollar? It isn't going to be yours because you bought Gold and Silver.
edit on 27-12-2010 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

We the people put them in control for our best interests. They have us hooked on dope, that dope is dollar bills. SO they create the federal reserve which is not a government entity it is a private corporation simply meaning there accounting books are not public info and they do not have to provide the information publically. So they can do what they want print money then wholesale the money to the banks. Wholesale is a discount rate. So the banks get the money cheap, then sell it to us for face value instantly making a profit. So by now they are able to do this electronically, ish a brinx truck, some money, and a few gaurds is too expensive, so I'll just drop some zero's in your account. (This is why if a lot of people at a particular bank went to withdraw there account on the same day, I'm confident the bank wouldn't be able to satisfy that many customers) So the bank should lend the money but it stashes it and hands out big bonuses and charges you the fiend various fees and such for maintaining the account. ish we'll even let you go over the amount you have in your account for a fee. craziness. anyways it's a dirty game we're forced to play. and it's exactly the same as the forex your buying a piece of paper or an account stating that you own it. when you really need it how accessible is it? It's all illusions to distract you/keep you in the dark from the true currency gold/silver. There is only so much gold available we can't make more but with dollars we can print more-quantitative easing is creating money from nothing then purchasing hard assets. So by creating more it reduces the value which is simple supply/demand. Back when we got off of the gold standard which simply stated that when you went to the bank they said we have this gold you can have or we can put it in a safe deposit box and give you this cash to carry around which is redeemable for gold. Well a lot of people wanted their gold and the banks couldn't satisfy their customers let alone our foreign debts. So they took there ball went home screaming your dollars aren't backed by gold anymore so your left with that, take it or leave it. (similar to the gold/silver exchange funds currently) Gold is in the big picture (Fort Know should have a lot of gold unless it was swindled away so we have something to fall back from, I think a majority german gold if not mistaken) new law imposes taxes on gold silverin 2012. currently untaxable you should take advantage of this while you have the chance in one year you would have returned 10% better than banks savings/cd better than most stock return unless your shorting something big. You see that is what Jp does with silver they buy shorts a lot to force the price of silver down. by doing so if a lot of people bought silver they would have to cover the shorts (pay for there losses) thus reducing there inventory of dope. See the light my friend even if on a small scale. You are a slave entrapped in a financial rat maze. Encouraged to succeed but in the process make everyone else rich leaving you with nothing. a mortgage is a piece of paper saying that the bank owns the property but your paying it off along with interest and fees (of which payment a minority goes to the principal) leaving you enslaved to a new house, a new car, then you better have insurance. If you want a house pay cash or take some gold/silver redeem for cash then buy house pay in full it'syours ( as long as you pay your taxes) new car buy paid in full cash get a cheaper premium on car insurance. I can be wrong because this is my opinion but I encourage you to look at the facts and dive a little deeper for your best interests. It's about survival you need food/water/ something to barter with gold/silver have been used forever food water eventually gets eaten/drank you need to get more silver for smaller purchase and gold for larger kind of like poker chips. buy a silver miner and read the back. There's knowledge on those coins reminding us! Sorry for long post but wanted to contribute

quote]Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by Gtown

It is clear that you have certain knowlegde in this topic, and I can recall other experts giving sort of similar conclusions. They all have more studies than me and probably know so many things.

But, I still don't understand how are you going to buy a peace bread or a gallon of milk. Will you go to the grocery store with a peace of gold or silver?

Maybe there won't be grocery stores anymore, will you exchange gold and silver for a chiken and eggs at a farm?

A peace of wood will be better than gold when winter comes and you'll need to make a fire. You can boil water to drink with that fire, or will you use that fire to melt your silver.

Sorry for my ugly realistic point of view.

It's hustling if you can make your money work for you and bring back some more money your covering your supplies and having spent much less. gold/silver vs bonds/cd's your return this past year alone was far better. I guess it's long term thinking.
The people selling the gold are spending your dollars on there expenses and laughing at all the people that bought gold from them that they can't supply silver as well.
GOD is great!
family is very important for you but them more
It would be wonderful to not have to worry about money!!!!!!!!
In survival you need food water and something to trade others with to get more food supplies.
gold/silver is recognizeable and known. easy to conceal and carry accepted. if it's not too bad there will be a new structure implemented in which the gold/silver can be exchanged for ish you might even bbe sitting on the new currency if you have some already. Buy supplies from who is available, in an emergency i don't think stores will be open. so barter with your surroundings.in germany they burnt there money to stay warm because it was too expensive to buy fire wood. in zimbabwe they have million dollar biills to buy bread and such.
gold/silver easily concealed used for bartering for additional food stuffs when supply is depleted.

No I own actual gold.
~Keeper

Not sure banks sell Gold anymore, seriously... being in a safe deposit box, you still have to get there and get in the room then use your key... a lot of work and in state of emergency banks probably close. just an assumption.
Keep it safe in your possession.

Originally posted by buddha
you need to start a new currency.
one that can not be easily abused.
and that can be monitored easily.
when the gold crashes.
it will be land and the ability to grow food.
and small army's to keep it safe.

My thoughts we are witnessing it now. And it will be Gold, Silver. Russia is pushing it along with China.
Dollars only value is what we give to it emotionally and the opec agreement.
So we have convinced everyone to accept our fiat based currency, backed by nothing. Along with that we have a contract in place where any oil that is sold or bought is to be paid for in us dollars.If you buy/sell oil you have to exchange dollars for it.

Originally posted by Bordon81
China recently raised their interest rates which should have sent the US dollar crashing but this morning there was a spike? I wonder if due to the fact China is an international player the CIA gets involved in the Forex overnight? By the way the Dow closed at 11,555.03 pretty reasonable value considering the lows back in spring of 2009.

It's the government in my opinion, they're buying up stocks taking % ownership of companies propping up stock market, packing there wallets making everyone mad.

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by hawkiye

I posted not too long ago my difficult decision regarding my priorities with my finances and got crucified by a few morally and ethically high in fiber ATS members scrutinizing my decision to basically stop paying my mortgage and start buying physical silver...

When the dollar goes poof and chaos ensues I will have my food/water/weapons etc, and when the waters calm ill have my silver/gold in physical form, which any way you look at it or cut it will be worth more than PAPER, which is all currency ultimately is, is paper and any man who takes paper over gold/silver is living in fantasy land.

It's your life brother do what you fell is right and be confident!
as with accepting the paper over gold they have the game rigged so that the paper is a necessity, if we barter how can they have there hands in the bowl.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Nice Technical Analysis of Imminent Collapse of the Dollar

Yawn...not another one of these threads.....if I had a penny....
Give it up
Prediction....there will be no collapse.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The US dollar will not collapse first.

US debt is in a dire state compared to Eurozone. However, the media paint the reverse stories. Bankers and mainstream media are trying hard to take down Euro.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

got crucified by a few morally and ethically high in fiber ATS members scrutinizing my decision to basically stop paying my mortgage and start buying physical silver...

The banks not you should have been crucified. Here are two articles showing your mortgage was never legal in the first place.

First National Bank of Montgomery vs. Daly (1969) Morgan, the bank's president admits on the stand: "..did create the entire $14,000.00 in money and credit upon its own books by bookkeeping entry. " and "admitted that no United States Law or Statute existed which gave him the right to do this." lawful consideration must exist and be exchanged to support make the mortgage legal!

US Banks Operating Without Reserve Requirements

This is an interesting (and readable) article on economics and explains what is happening Mises on Money. Bankers and others hate Mises because he sheds light on their fraudulent schemes.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Actually, the dollar is in the beginning stages of a collapse.
Think of "Weekend with Bernie", where Bernie is the dollar, and the boys are the banksters.
The national debt cannot be paid back, it is too high. The digital increases in the money supply are already devaluing the dollar, and the world is aware of it.
Putting it simply, the world is not going to suffer so Americans can live beyond their means, so the dollar WILL become worth less and less until worthless.
It is already happening, you just have to know where to look. Many places don't even accept the dollar anymore, and there are more alternative currencies springing up all of the time, in the US!
The financial crisis was made by the banksters, and it will not be corrected by the banksters. To protect themselves, they have mortgaged YOU and yours for perpetuity. That is, if you stay in their system.

edit on 30-12-2010 by Stewie because: clarification

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

The digital increases in the money supply are already devaluing the dollar, and the world is aware of it.

That is for sure. May countries have pulled their gold out of Fort Knox and now stores in MEXICO and in INDIA will not accept the US dollar.

As far as I am concerned that is the sure sign that the US dollar really looks like this to other countries.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Gold will always retain its value, as it has for the last 10,000 years. Currencies come and go, but gold and silver are their own currency. The first Banks were created by goldsmiths in the early middle ages, they would loan out funds backed by the Gold in their possession. This slowly evolved into Fractional banking in the 1800's and then spiraled into the Federal reserve mess we are watching today.

The US dollar has lost 90% of its value since 1971, When Nixon took the Dollar off the Gold standard and replaced it with the Petro Dollar System.

The Chinese Dollar ( RMB ), is backed by Gold, Silver, Copper and Nickel hard Assets, they are positioning themselves to replace the US dollar as the currency of settlement for international trade, it will be a basket of currencies most likely the Euro, RMB , Pound, maybe the Canadian and Australian dollars and Ruble in minor roles. China and Russia have already agreed to drop the US dollar for trade settlement.

The US dollar is on its way out, dont kid yourselves

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have to disagree with the poster who declared that if/when the $USD collapses, physical gold and silver will maintain their value, while "gold and silver stocks" will become "worthless". Not to be confused with unallocated pool accounts, and/or, an unaudited metal ETF where the underlying may in fact be phantom ounces, encumbered ounces, or derivatives ....Gold/Silver mining stocks represent a share of ownership in real, proven, NI 43-101 verified, "in the ground" resources, and above ground stockpiles. When the price of physical Gold/Silver rises, so do mining margins (profits). Naturally the market rewards this performance with rising stock values.

Here's what that reward looks like in real time from August, when the Fed announced the renewal of it's blatant currency debasing policy (QE-2)....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4799fe75397.jpg[/atsimg]
CDNX Components

To the poster that said; "Gold is in the big picture (Fort Know should have a lot of gold unless it was swindled away so we have something to fall back from, I think a majority german gold if not mistaken) new law imposes taxes on gold silverin 2012. currently untaxable you should take advantage of this while you have the chance...."

Gold held in the federal depositories at Ft. Knox, and West Point, belongs to the US Treasury. Gold owned by foreign sovereigns (Germany etc), is held in NY Fed custodial accounts...vaulted in NYC.

Currently untaxable ???

All individual gains on Gold/Silver bullion investment are currently subject to IRS capital gains tax (have been)....

IRS.gov

Capital Assets and Noncapital Assets

For the most part, everything you own and use for personal purposes, pleasure, or investment is a capital asset. Some examples are:

Coin or stamp collections,

Gems and jewelry, and

Gold, silver, or any other metal.

Investment Property
Investment property is a capital asset. Any gain or loss from its sale or trade is generally a capital gain or loss.

Gold, silver, stamps, coins, gems, etc. These are capital assets except when they are held for sale by a dealer. Any gain or loss you have from their sale or trade generally is a capital gain or loss. - Link

and no, there is no new tax on Gold/Silver being proposed for 2012....

Coin Dealers Watch To See If U.S. Congress Repeals 1099 Rules

The debate is over Section 9006 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the health-care law passed in 2010. Starting in 2012, entities must file a Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service whenever they make transactions paying out $600 to another party. The measure does not create a new tax, but instead establishes a paperwork trail to force those who should be paying taxes to do so, if they aren’t already. - - Full Text

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's gonna be like this :

You buy US$1,000 in gold.
I buy a 12 cans pack of beans beans for US$22.00 now.
Then the economy colapses.
You are hungry, you'll exchange your US$1,000 gold for my 12 pack. I'll say no, "I'll give you 6 cans only".
After a few weeks, I got all your gold.
Then the new economic system rises.
I got food and gold.

Friends, you can save gold and silver, just save some food, meds, supplies too. Don't be a hard-headed. I have 2 or 3 boxes with food and stuff at home, once a year I check the expiration dates, eat the older ones and put new ones in the boxes.

That will cost you around 500 bucks, now tell me you have gold and silver and can't afford that?

edit on 30-12-2010 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2010 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I don't want to sound harsh, but this is not recess at high school. Some of us have lived through some very similar scenarios that we are currently witnessing, although, I will be the first to admit, we haven't seen anything yet.
Gold is gold. If someone has gold, chances are they don't need your beans, okay? You seem to think that suddenly gold will just become a rock again. Not happening. We will not be going back to the stone age.
Listen, read, learn.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

I don't want to sound harsh, but this is not recess at high school. Some of us have lived through some very similar scenarios that we are currently witnessing, although, I will be the first to admit, we haven't seen anything yet.
Gold is gold. If someone has gold, chances are they don't need your beans, okay? You seem to think that suddenly gold will just become a rock again. Not happening. We will not be going back to the stone age.
Listen, read, learn.

Just answer one question if you can :

Do you have a food and supplies storage at home or somewhere?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1

Coin Dealers Watch To See If U.S. Congress Repeals 1099 Rules

The debate is over Section 9006 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the health-care law passed in 2010. Starting in 2012, entities must file a Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service whenever they make transactions paying out $600 to another party. The measure does not create a new tax, but instead establishes a paperwork trail to force those who should be paying taxes to do so, if they aren’t already. - - Full Text

If I go to the jeweler and buy bullion, I am not charged tax. If i take gold to the jeweler and sell it to him. no tax is charged. that law will force and 1 oz. bullion gold buyers to pay a tax.

Only an opinion, my opinion.

As I said earlier, food & water are of utmost importance but if you like to save for future plans. buy physical, tax free until 2012!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yes, I have food and other necessities (toilet paper, soap, guns, ammo, candles, general survival supplies, etc.) stored safely. I grow practically everything that will grow on my property that is useful and will grow. I have a greenhouse with fruit trees that would otherwise freeze. I have a well that can supply the garden and house. I intend to set up a windmill to operate the well. I also will be adding rainwater collection and water testing equipment. I hope to add more silver, it has more uses than just currency.
We make homemade beer, candles, soaps, bread, etc., from bulk supplies. We save our seed, and use only heirloom seed. We can, freeze, pickle, but don't yet cure meats... it's on the list. My wife cuts my hair.

The coming years will be life changing, but it can be for the better. I don't worry, I just try to prepare. The uncertainty of the future has actually made the present more interesting for us, but I can understand how many would be very nervous. But, I began to seriously prepare about three years ago, when my understanding of macro-economics told me something is seriously wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Just answer one question if you can :

Do you have a food and supplies storage at home or somewhere?

Me too. I have 3 months supply of canned and preserved foods.

Other accessories include condoms, lubricants, honey and amino acids. I'm sure my boyfriends wanna have wild party during bad times.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gtown
If I go to the jeweler and buy bullion, I am not charged tax. If i take gold to the jeweler and sell it to him. no tax is charged. that law will force and 1 oz. bullion gold buyers to pay a tax.

Only an opinion, my opinion.

As I said earlier, food & water are of utmost importance but if you like to save for future plans. buy physical, tax free until 2012!

The section of the Obama healthcare bill in question represents a new tax reporting requirement, not a new tax. Specifically, a federal 1099 filing on all purchases over $600, to be filed by the purchaser, e.g., coin shop. This requirement will place an obvious paperwork burden on all small business owners, but especially on those that conduct thousands of annual transactions purchasing precious metals from multiple client sources.

Whether or not you currently pay state sales tax when purchasing Gold/Silver bullion from a retail vendor is dependent your state tax laws, which vary by state and are subject to change. For example in Calif, retail sales tax currently applies to any purchase of Gold or Silver under $1500...Maryland residents pay a 6% sales tax on purchases of less than $1000...while in Colorado, Gold/Silver purchases are sales tax exempt in any amount...etc, etc.

The new IRS reporting requirement, should it become federal law in 2012, is not related to existing state sales tax requirements.

All precious metals sales by investors are subject to both short term, and long term capital gains tax requirements.

*Always consult with a certified tax specialist before investing in precious metals.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

Actually, the dollar is in the beginning stages of a collapse.
Think of "Weekend with Bernie", where Bernie is the dollar, and the boys are the banksters.
The national debt cannot be paid back, it is too high. The digital increases in the money supply are already devaluing the dollar, and the world is aware of it.
Putting it simply, the world is not going to suffer so Americans can live beyond their means, so the dollar WILL become worth less and less until worthless.
It is already happening, you just have to know where to look. Many places don't even accept the dollar anymore, and there are more alternative currencies springing up all of the time, in the US!
The financial crisis was made by the banksters, and it will not be corrected by the banksters. To protect themselves, they have mortgaged YOU and yours for perpetuity. That is, if you stay in their system.

edit on 30-12-2010 by Stewie because: clarification

Good point dude. The dollar looks as if it's gonna collapse. But the bankers have prepared tons of tricks to keep it up. Right now they wanna play limbo with Euro.

Personally, I don't give a damn about it as long as I can party every weekend.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join