It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine lets you create and eat your meal from freshly squeezed syringes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I got to admit this is something I would not have seen coming, although perhaps I should have. This machine is being described to work something like a printer, that will layer by layer squeeze consumable semi liquids on a surface to layer by layer create something you are suppose to eat. Even if this come to be common place, I would like to think that making things the old way, with real raw ingredients is something that will never be replaced.

[url=http://blacklistednews.com/Machine-lets-you-create-and-eat-your-meal-from-freshly-squeezed-syringes/12058/0/6/6/Y/M.html]blacklistednews.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I was hoping for a picture

Great idea, in my opinion.

A third line, because I feel bad for not having more to input.

EDIT

Mwah, this be a link not an email address, as I first thought: (The company that makes the printer)
www.fabathome.org...

EDIT2

Here is a video to the printer in action:
www.popularmechanics.com...

edit on 12/27/2010 by adigregorio because: Zelda needed Link

edit on 12/27/2010 by adigregorio because: A Link to the past

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, its a start

All things are simply elements that are rearranged...be it a brick or a ham sandwich..all made from the same elements.

The food printer is the starting for what will eventually be the true game changer in society...this is exceptionally primitive though...like a slightly sharpened rock compared to a tomahawk missile, but still, gotta start somewhere.

the world is due for a new innovation..a new marvel. The computers day is done, the nets day is done..both are now simply part of life..I was thinking the new thing would be holographic technology rapidly developing, but this seems better overall for survivability of the planet.

Just needs to be progressed alot. elemental block by block is the key to this breaking open a new way of commerce

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am thinking I want some tea, Earl Gray, hot.

First step indeed! Towards a replicator!

I really think this is a nifty invention, though I can understand the opposing viewpoints for sure.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

’You can imagine a 3D printer making homemade apple pie without the need for farming the apples, fertilising, transporting, refrigerating, packaging, fabricating, cooking, serving and the need for all of the materials in these processes like cars, trucks, pans, coolers, etc,’ he said.

From the link in the top post.

No need for farming?
Where is the food in the "food"?
What would they be trying to feed people?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Adigregorio
thanks for the input, and for the video link. star.
I was wondering if some one would bring up the replicator angel. I was thinking it might be a first step tword a replicator also.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

No need for farming?
Where is the food in the "food"?
What would they be trying to feed people?

The printer could just be loaded with proteins of different consistency, and flavored differently. Also this is being called the first step tword a replicator. Where they could basically use raw elements to make what ever they want to. That is still a ways away though.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If they can get the needles small enough, then maybe they can start printing molecule by molecule (My limited understanding of fake technology is telling me that is what the replicator is doing)

I would buy one, would I eat the stuff...don't have enough variables

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
mmmmm......sounds tasty. NOT.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
mmmm, different coloured algai. i cant wait, i was getting really sick of steak and other things with texture

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

They would use this new invention...it's called Soylent Green...it's people!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoosyourdaddyo
reply to post by snowspirit

They would use this new invention...it's called Soylent Green...it's people!

? While the very idea of this invention is gross to me. I have seen nothing to suggest they would be using people... Care to provide any proof what so ever?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I might be more trusting with the replicators from Star Trek, after all, they knew how to beam people where ever they wanted to go. So maybe their replicators had a unique way of storing food atoms, cells, and whatnot. I wonder what they would have had first, the replicator or the transporter? Or the universal translator?

Somehow, I'm not so trusting with the people that mess around with our food. I remember what they said when they tried growing meat in a lab, it turned out mushy from no exercise
and genetic modification isn't working out so well either.

I'd hate to be among the first generation to live off this type of (food?). Without need for farming, they must be planning on creating all the elements of food in the lab. I wonder what they would use as fiber? Would they be using food dyes? What would it do to us physiologically? So many questions.

It gives a whole new meaning to "processed foods".

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

LOL...it's an old movie, Charlton Heston was in it. The government had found a way to feed the masses and stave off starvation, using a new invention called "Soylent Green". He discovered that it was actually made from the homeless people they were rounding up at night, and at the end of the movie he was running all around San Francisco yelling "Soylent Green is peoooople!"

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This item has been around for awhile now. It's name is Cornucopia, M..I.T.'s food printer.

www.treehugger.com...

This could be the new "microwave" of the kitchen.
edit on 27-12-2010 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

Looks like the concept has some serious legs...here's a prototype from Phillips

www.cartridgenews.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Another great example of man trying to mess with what God created for us. I know you'll say oh but the ingredients are all edible! But I say there is always more to a situation then we can see. For instance people used to demonize fat in the 1970's... and it seemed logical. But now we know fat is a staple of our diets and we cannot live without it.............. It's man made food that causes illness, disease, obesity....things that people often blame on genetics.

edit on 27-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for posting

Also thanks for the links provide. It is looking like this technology does have some legs to stand on. It looks like we are going to be seeing this weather you like it or not.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

It sounds like Soylent Green.

(Soylent Green is people, by the way.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join