It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello and sorry for the speed date write up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
hi,

I found this part of the forum a little late so sorry for the belated introduction!

I'm from the south west of England, I worked as a mental health nurse for 18yrs and then had a child so I'm currently mothering
I've lived in small villages all my life surrounded by pets of all shapes and sizes and have always had an interest in British flora and fauna.

I read a lot of Sci-fi, history and biography's and have played a fair few MMORPG's and MuD's. I do some pottery and digitally restore old photographs for people and I like a bottle of wine or two!

I joined ATS due to an ongoing interest in things of an esoteric nature, I'm always hoping to see something that will prove the existence of something amazing like ET's or a cryptid but I've yet to see anything that convinces me! I did a very strange course in parapsychology in Glastonbury (to be fair the people were very strange which made it all seem weird). I like to read about very ancient cultures and I'm interested in anthropology.

The main parts of ATS that I'm hovering about in at the moment are Cryptozoology, Ancient Civilizations, UFO's, and Conspiracies in Religion.

Now I feel like I've filled out an application for an on-line dating site, if I ever join one I can use this introduction

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
well howdy Versa and welcome to ATS.

here you will find any manner of topics dabbling in the esoteric, not to mention all sorts of general conspiratal dialogues and diatribes from UFO stuff to who actually put the bullet in dear ol' JFK's noggin'.

they'll be outstanding well thought out threads by many of our esteemed members.

then there will be some crazy bat*snip* stuff that even the most ardent believer will have a hard time swallowing.

there will be some sane, coherent and intelligent debate.

and there will be some seriously over the top bickering that would make the house of lords blush.

and everything between.

so enjoy. welcome. and deny ignorance.

cheers

edit on 27-12-2010 by mythos because: spelling

edit on 27-12-2010 by mythos because: spelling again... uggh.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hello welcome to ats.. No worries saw ya in couple threads .. Hope ya like it here alot of interesting threads throughout to read..

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thank you both for your welcomes

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hello and welcome.

You mentioned pets of different shapes and sizes! I'm intrigued, do you have a very small Triangular Cat available as I have a perfect space for him to live, in a left over Toblerone tube from Christmas day!

If you have such a beast please u2u me

Hope you have fun on the boards!
edit on 27-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Hello and welcome.

You mentioned pets of different shapes and sizes! I'm intrigued, do you have a very small Triangular Cat available as I have a perfect space for him to live, in a left over Toblerone tube from Christmas day!

If you have such a beast please u2u me

Hope you have fun on the boards!
edit on 27-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

lol What is is with toblerones and christmas? I havent had a pet quite that triangular but i suspect it would make a nice chewy toy for mice, crickets might like it to hide in too

edit on 27-12-2010 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
well howdy Versa and welcome to ATS.

here you will find any manner of topics dabbling in the esoteric, not to mention all sorts of general conspiratal dialogues and diatribes from UFO stuff to who actually put the bullet in dear ol' JFK's noggin'.

they'll be outstanding well thought out threads by many of our esteemed members.

then there will be some crazy bat*snip* stuff that even the most ardent believer will have a hard time swallowing.

there will be some sane, coherent and intelligent debate.

and there will be some seriously over the top bickering that would make the house of lords blush.

and everything between.

so enjoy. welcome. and deny ignorance.

cheers

edit on 27-12-2010 by mythos because: spelling

edit on 27-12-2010 by mythos because: spelling again... uggh.

lol I have come across a few very nicely presented and well thought out threads and some that made me chuckle for days
I like both kinds for different reasons

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Hi Versa, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Welcome to never ever land
We are so happy you dropped by. There is so much to be seen and heard here ! You are going to feel right at home
PEACE

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Wow you really cracked me up
Are you a comedian in real life ? It takes a LOT to make me laugh, and well I am still laughing
PEACE

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Hey there Versa and belated welcome to you ... your interests are similar to mine so we will likely bump into each other on ATS ... although quite often I just enjoy reading the threads unless something inspires / interests me enough to actually post

You might enjoy taking a look at the links to my websites (see my signature below this post) ... the green one is my primary site and has a 'Ghost Gallery' ... but there is also a 'W.I.S.P.S Gallery' (pictures taken by my own paranormal investigation team) ... couple there you might find very interesting ... and as for the ancient civilization thing ... the second site (blue link) is actually devoted to the serialized version of my second ebook The Atlantean Analysis and covers subjects like earth-seeding / ancient aliens / links between civilizations around the world and all sorts of other goodies that come together Modus Vervendi.

Enjoy and see you on the boards. Woody

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

thanks for the welcome and the links woody
I'll have a look at them

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

My pleasure ... we 'likeminds' need to stick together

Woody

join