It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Chilling" Child Sacrifices Found at Prehistoric Site!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

It is really strange the way people can interpret what is written. i understood it to say that it was to test Abraham's faith, and by extension, his obedience and love.
I don't imagine the Jews ever considered Jesus in their Sacrifices. To them he was a convicted and legally executed blasphemer, sabbath breaker and trouble maker that was formenting rebellion.
Christianity was created from the Jews as well as the gentiles, this did not endear His memory to them.

edit on 103131p://pm3119 by debris765nju because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I didn't read every response, but in reference to the first two posts: You guys are pathetic. A bunch of children were brutally sacrificed (probably) to the god(s). Obviously, this isn't the norm of modern society. However, it was in their society. It probably had nothing to do with the children not being able to fight back. Also, sex wasn't regarded so highly until pretty modern times. I doubt children were sexually assulted much 1000 years ago. We do weird stuff that other people question. Ever read the story of Nacirema? Google it.

Another thing thats slightly unrelated, but follows the same principle so shouldn't be left out is that we often condemn the Chinese for eating cat and dog. But when the Indians say we're weird for eating cows, we just shrug it off like it's nothing.

It's all about perspective, people. Get this **** through your skulls.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju

It is really strange the way people can interpret what is written. i understood it to say that it was to test Abraham's faith, and by extension, his obedience and love.
I don't imagine the Jews ever considered Jesus in their Sacrifices. To them he was a convicted and legally executed blasphemer, sabbath breaker and trouble maker that was formenting rebellion.
Christianity was created from the Jews as well as the gentiles, this did not endear His memory to them.

edit on 103131p://pm3119 by debris765nju because: spelling

A lot of Jews believed He was the messiah, but mainly the pharisees rebuked Him because they were self righteous men and He made them look bad.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

I'm sorry but if you think child sacrifices are just a 'societies norm' then something is wrong with you. Sure, maybe it WAS their norm, but that doesn't make it okay!!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

death cannot be justified by death

no christian, or other person should think this way. I'm so pissed at your post, I'm gonna stop right here.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I like reading everyone’s theories around what went on in situations such as this.
But remember people - that’s just what they are - THEORIES.

No one knows the reasons behind the findings and to equate them with ritual involving a deity explains only one thing.
Man’s need for a deity to explain what we cannot.
Then - and now.

Interestingly though this ancient evidence of child killing could (or could not be) anything more significant than a early example of impulse killings (serial killings).

There’s real social value in that information even - (without the whole ‘God’ thing thrown in).

IMO - The evidence of multiple killings leads me to believe we’re really no different (socially) than our ancestors and that ‘modern society’ is not the mother, or creator of impulse/serial killers.

Evil in people has been with us since we took our first breath and that evil needs to be recognized for what it is - People born evil - not made that way by their surroundings (the modern day catch all for abhorrent behavior).

Added note for thought:

9 year olds. 9 year olds now, are just little children.
But who and what were 9 year olds 'then'?
I've a pretty good idea they were much more than our modern children of that age. Fathers, mothers even, young tribal warriors maybe even? Just something more to think about.

peace

edit on 28-12-2010 by silo13 because: peace

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

apparently God disagrees, He flooded the whole Earth only sparing one family. Often killed whole cities including women and children. God takes sin seriously.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

implying the flood actually happened and 7 billion ppl are the result of ONE family...

And i guess you''re proud of your god, killing MORE people including innocent men, women, and children. The guy probably killed more babies from that act alone than the freaks at the said site.

If I were god, Id go down there and open up a can of leather, no need to kill more people.

what happened to turn the other cheek?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Just because I feel its my duty to be Devil's Advocate, didn't the Christian God order a child sacrifice or two as well? Not just poor little Isaac having a REALLY awkward walk up to the sacrificial alter with his father Abraham, but wasn't there also that chap Jephthah, who after slapping some Children of Ammon around on the battlefield ended up going home and literally sacrificing the first person to greet him at the door? I believe it ended up being his daughter did it not?

So, yeah. There's that. It wasn't just the evil evil pagan deities ordering up a batch of freshly sacrificed kiddies. The Devil's Advocate has now advocated. Everyone go about their business, nothin' to see here.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Only dozens of skeletons? Big deal, they found a few hundred in Thailand last week. What will archeologists think a few thousand years from now when they uncover Planned Parenthood's books and are blown away by the 4000 child murders performed each day. I guess they are not the same, back then they sacrificed them to appease some demon god out of fear for their lives, and now it's to save money or not ruin our current lifestyles.

edit on 28-12-2010 by kingofmd because: its 4000 a DAY not MONTH

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

implying the flood actually happened and 7 billion ppl are the result of ONE family...

And i guess you''re proud of your god, killing MORE people including innocent men, women, and children.

No one is or has ever been innocent less Christ Himself. One act of disobedience makes you guilty, and worthy of death. So instead of railing against why God purged the Earth of wickedness, you should be thanking Him that you are still alive, since you and the rest of us deserve the same.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So they found what they believe were traces of some drugs or medicines in the body? Just maybe these children were dead before they were placed here. Maybe part of the ritual was what they did with the body. Maybe they all died from a particular illness and this was their way of trying to stop it through ritual means.

Oh no, hang on that's boring, let's go with slashing up kids while alive.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yep,...vain and jealous ,..a spoiled murderous jehova,...i spit and puke in the face of your murderous god,..no difference,..He made these people knowing they would do evil,..just to get off when you get scared of hell fire and "choose" him,...ignorance that you are not denying,....you make me want to cleanse all religion from the earth,...can't wait till a more organized spiritual belief cleansing takes your high and mighty selfrightious supersticious kind out.
The house of david is not pure it is born in incest,...and they were and are still one of the most brutal people on earth.
I am Opolopong/Iroqua and my people were more civilized than the little harry monsters from abram the *Snip*.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/28/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DisbeIief

Brilliant,...you are a smart person,...thanks for a logical answer.
You are denying ignorance,..when i read your post i knew it was true.
Too often people especially white people like to portrey anyone who isn't christian as a savage.
Makes me wanna take scalps,..lol so savage...;0

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DisbeIief

Oh no, hang on that's boring, let's go with slashing up kids while alive

Either way... does it really matter if the bodies were occuppied or not? Carving them up for those reasons-if correct... sick.

I doubt too much medical research was going on but ... hey, a good time was had by all at the party... well, by most...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So you're saying an autopsy on a child is sick?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Blood sacrifices were fairly common in South America, the Aztec's are well known for it. The reasons are generally considered to be ritual sacrifices to gods but there are other explanations.

Aztec Human Sacrifice

The practice of child sacrifice is of course abhorrent to us in the 21st century and was probably not much liked by the parents of the children either, we don't understand the reasons or the beliefs behind it, there could be several reasons and it is possible that it was seen as a good thing to be offered to the gods much like suicide bombers now believe they will go to a better place if they sacrifice themselves. Norse mythology and Viking beliefs also encouraged an 'honourable death'.

The child sacrifices may of come at a time when food and water was in short supply and the alternative was to let the children starve, it may of been considered an act of kindness (however alien that thought is to us now) we just don't know.

Its not unheard of for mothers to kill their children in today's society, the mothers are generally diagnosed with postpartum depression, the reasons for this are many but some mothers have done so in order to save the child/ children from 'a wicked world' quoting such ideals as "my babies are safe with Jesus now".

Other civilizations have also killed children although for different reasons for example the Spartans would 'dispose' of children they considered to be weak.
Spartan childhood

Its also worth considering Genocide and/or Eugenics....
Hitler and the Third Reich were not above the killing of children, some were killed for being Jewish (along with other minorities) others for being mentally or physically handicapped in a bizarre attempt to 'purify' the human race.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisbeIief
So you're saying an autopsy on a child is sick?

This is a very interesting point.

Perhaps what we have is an area used for medical research?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

And i guess you''re proud of your god, killing MORE people including innocent men, women, and children. The guy probably killed more babies from that act alone than the freaks at the said site.

If I were god, Id go down there and open up a can of leather, no need to kill more people.

what happened to turn the other cheek?

We chose satan over God. And don't tell me you wouldn't either. How many times have you been tempted to sin? I have a question...if you were born in a town doing child sacrifices and you knew you were going to be the next sacrifice, how would you feel? Would you feel warm and fuzzy about it? I'd wish I'd never been born than have to go through that torture. Imagine how a holy loving God feels about it. And since He can see the future He knows how many children are going to have to experience that.

'turn the other cheek' is a common phrase taken out of context. it doesn't mean to ignore whats going on. It means when someone backhands you across the face you turn the other cheek so they have to slap you as an equal. Back then the way you slapped someone showed how you viewed them. Jesus was telling you to stand up for yourself and show people that you are equal to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join