It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Chilling" Child Sacrifices Found at Prehistoric Site!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be80331ff882.jpg[/atsimg]
The skull of a child sacrificed at around 9 years of age.

The skeletons of dozens of children killed as part of a ritual bloodletting sacrifice a thousand years ago have been discovered in northern Peru, a new study says.

The remains are the earliest evidence of ritualized blood sacrifice and mutilation of children that has so far been seen in the South American Andes, according to study leader Haagen Klaus.

Seeds of a paralytic and hallucinogenic plant called Nectandra, which also prevents blood clotting, were found with the skeletons, suggesting the children were drugged before their throats were slit and their chests cut open. During the sacrifices, sharp bronze knives were used to hack the children to death. One skeleton had more than 25 cut marks on it. A few had their hands and legs bound with rope. "It is so beyond what is necessary to kill a person. It really gives you the chills," Klaus, an anthropologist at Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah, told National Geographic News. "But we are trying to understand this on their terms, not ours."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d10497fea26.jpg[/atsimg]
This child's breastbone was likely sliced by a metal blade

Sacrifice Children Not Considered Human?

Eighty-two skeletons of the Muchik people—including 32 that were mostly or completely intact—have been discovered since 2003 at the Cerro Cerillos site in the Lambayeque Valley on Peru's arid northern coast.

Maggots Part of Reverent Burial

After the bloodletting was over, the children were allowed to mummify in the desert air for at least a month, the study concluded. Empty fly pupa were found with the kids' remains, indicating that maggots ate their flesh during natural decomposition. In ancient beliefs, the hatched fly carried deceased children's souls away and signified a reverent burial, according to Klaus.

Sacrificial Evolution: From War Captives to Children

More than 80 sacrifices from A.D. 900 to 1100 were carried out by the Muchik people, who occupied the northern coast after the fall of the Moche. The Moche were independently governed agricultural societies that ruled the region from about A.D. 100 to 800. (Read more about the Moche: "Odd Pyramid Had Rooftop Homes, Ritual Sacrifices?"). The Moche culture's political and religious ideology had started to disintegrate around A.D. 550, in the wake of a devastating El Niño, a cyclical phenomenon that can dramatically alter climate.

Muchik Left to Own Devices

The Muchik were able to develop their own rituals despite their rule by the ethnically distinct Sicán people, which began in A.D. 900. While the Sicán also conducted human sacrifice, the methods of killing and settings contrast with those of the Muchik, Klaus said.

Source: news.nationalgeographic.com...

I can't even begin to imagine what could be so terrible as to want to make you slaughter your own children so ruthlessly. WTF? You would think someone would say HEY, Maybe that isn't such a good idea, when you think about it to the final ending..... Seriously folks...

I guess the children made the most sense. They didn't and couldn't fight back much or resist them. I wonder how much of the sacrafices also included or, worse yet, focused on the sexual assualt and multilations of the victims. I sure it must have occurred along the line.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ae662e96a19.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe they were visited by UFO/Aliens and it scared the bejesus out of them. Like, maybe when the aliens cames, the earthlings-in an attempt to apease the aliens, sacraficed a child so brutally, the aliens packed up and left in a hurry thinking; Good Lord, if they are willing to do that to their own children, imagine what they would do to us if given the chance.......

To the earthlings, they think they apease the Gods and continued on with the ritual killings in hopes of keeping them away or from coming back.... Maybe?

Just as plausable as Moses getting instructions from God-speaking from a burning bush...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76defbdf3533.jpg[/atsimg]
I'm just saying....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

And people wonder why God ordered the slaughter of whole villages...they were doing horrible sacrifices like this....abusing woman...and doing horrible sins... I can only imagine what kind of suffering those children went through. These tribes were probably demon possessed.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sad thing is this formula for the blood of youth is happining today as we speak. Its just called wars and recruits the youth on all sides to kill each other.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by anon72

And people wonder why God ordered the slaughter of whole villages...they were doing horrible sacrifices like this....abusing woman...and doing horrible sins... I can only imagine what kind of suffering those children went through. These tribes were probably demon possessed.

Wow dude, you're the first i've seen so far that sees it how i do. G-d used the ancient Hebrews as His sword to cleanse the surrounding lands of it's abominable peoples who practiced child sacrifice, homosexuality, and magic.

Good post.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Binding of Isaac
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Binding of Isaac, in Genesis 22:1-24 is a story from the Hebrew Bible in which God asks Abraham to sacrifice his son, Isaac, on Mount Moriah.
The narration is referred to as the Akedah (עקדה) or Akedat Yitzchak (עקידת יצחק) in Hebrew and as the Dhabih (ذبيح) in Arabic. The sacrifice itself is called an Olah in Hebrew — for the significance of sacrifices, especially in Biblical times, see korban.
According to the narration, Abraham sets out to obey God's command without questioning; even expressing confidence in Isaac's returning alive and well (22:5 and 22:8). After Isaac is bound to an altar, the angel of God stops Abraham at the last minute, saying that "now I know you fear God". At this point Abraham sees a ram caught in some nearby bushes and sacrifices the ram in Isaac's stead.

An angel prevents the sacrifice of Isaac. Abraham and Isaac, Rembrandt, 1634

Blood sacrifices are a common denominator to most deities. A sacrifice to your God is of your best, anything less is worse than no sacrifice at all. Circumcision is also a blood and flesh sacrifice that does not deplete the breeding stock.
edit on 033131p://pm3121 by debris765nju because: remove unnecessary comment

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

I'm sorry but I still stand by what I indicated.

Aliens and God, in my book are connected someway.

Therefore, the whole alien theme is just as plausable as your verison. IMO.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have often wondered how often we get a snap shot into these moments, but fail to realize how non indicative it is of the daily norm.

For example, what if a mercury leaching happened in the local water supply and caused some level of insanity? Or a drought that deprived them of decent grains? There are hallucinogenic toxins all over the waste products of the microbial kingdom.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

God wanted Abraham to know what it's like to sacrifice your own son. God later sacrificed His own son Jesus to save the world. God blessed Abraham because of His faith. Every sacrifice the Jews did represented Jesus. And sacrificing a person was not a normal thing for old testament Jews, they always sacrificed lambs or goats.
edit on 27-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Or maybe the villages had resources that they wanted and they needed to rationalize why they just slaughtered hundreds of men.

So they relieved responsibility for their actions by saying god told them too.

This actually happens all the time.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
God is the one who wanted the blood sacrifices.

Judges 11:30-40 Jephthah killed his young daughter (his only child) by burning her alive as a burnt sacrifice to the lord for he commanded it.
I Kings 16:34 Laying the foundation for a city using your firstborn child and using your youngest son to set up the gates.

And he kills more children:
Psalms 137:8-9 Prayer/song of vengeance “0 daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

Exodus 12:29 God killed, intentionally, every first-born child of every family in Egypt, simply because he was upset at the Pharaoh. And god caused the Pharaoh’s actions in the first place. Since when is it appropriate to murder children for their ruler’s forced action?

Isaiah 13:15-18 If God can find you, he will “thrust you through,” smash your children “to pieces” before your eyes, and rape your wife.

Jeremiah 11:22-23 God will kill the young men in war and starve their children to death.

Jeremiah 19:7-9 God will make parents eat their own children, and friends eat each other.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

have you ever seen/heard the theory of the bicameral mind?

In such a theory, "god" is you.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How exactly did they come to the conclusion that they were sacrificed? Why can't they be just murdered? Nowadays people kill children too. Everytime people find killed ancients, they always assume it was a sacrifice. I have never seen any writings from ancient civilizations which say they sacrificed people to please gods or to have a good crop. Why on earth are these so called archeologists trying so desperately to make ancient civilizations look more barbaric than us? Texts or it didn't happen. Though, I can imagine some of them doing it, but it's hard to believe someone like Mayas making their awesome buildings, and at the same time messing them with blood. How could such an intelligent civilization be so stupid at the same time?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamelukkikala
How exactly did they come to the conclusion that they were sacrificed? Why can't they be just murdered?

...racial and religious bias would be my bet...

...the children couldve been slaughtered by warriors from another group and the corpses were left to mummify in the desert because the surviving adults were too injured to bury the dead...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
our ideas of self,morality,goodness and mercy are products of a postmodern ,western secular humanist revolution
if you look at any civilization prior to to that there is a social caste system that determines your role in society ,ruler priest artist farmer slave ,etc.

and for tens of thousands of years that was that ,in these societies ,compassion mercy individual value and rights were not even thought of, not even thought of,a concept they simply were not at a developmental stage to entertain

if you die as a sacrifice well the Gods wanted it. If you died building the Great Wall no big deal the wall is what they wanted not you.

even now we slip very easily back into this primitive thought pattern,look at Africa and suicide bombers,and yes war, The US's biggest export,look at the terror intimidation tactics of Druglords and other organized criminals

it is a mind control tactic and a damn effective one at that even to this day.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Are you in compliance with T&C with all of this posting -the way you did it? Seems like it should be identified as external text.

And, for me. Enough with the bible quotes. Tell us what you think. IMO.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't think we will ever know what was inside their minds, I tried to take it back as far as historical documentation would take me, but nothing definite.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by OhZone

Are you in compliance with T&C with all of this posting -the way you did it? Seems like it should be identified as external text.

And, for me. Enough with the bible quotes. Tell us what you think. IMO.

What do you mean "ALL" this posting, like I did a whole page of multiple posts quoting?
The "Way" I did it? Really - your opinion. Why don't you just stick to the subject?
My post made my point - that God is/was blood thirsty.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I don't think we will ever know what was inside their minds, I tried to take it back as far as historical documentation would take me, but nothing definite.

We may not. DNA is one possible answer. To recreate a Neandertal, for example.

Did you ever see that movie where they made a Neandertal and then kept him in a smallish, cold area to see him in a "natural environment"?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I think I remember that, but we are make huge strides in DNA evidence, I find that just fascinating, following human history through DNA.

I hope we get to know the answers before we return to the stone age.

edit on 103131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It is not my opinion, it is what the religious text and documents state. Since God Created the Earth as well as everything it is apparent that God could not be native and must by definition be ALIEN.

My opinion is that Creative Being exists in everything that is receptive and around those things that are not.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join