It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large building on Mars - this looks like the real thing to me!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

A 'mound of dirt' with right angles?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
[

Hope its OK to add to this thread with maybe another anomaly? I will link a video that brings the object into real focus. Has been suggested it is merely reflection from the Rover but looking at the bottom, where the object sits, it does not appear to be a reflection at all.

Cant get the link to work...hmmmmm.
edit on 27-12-2010 by annella because: (no reason given)

OK, above is the video and in the poster's intro is a link to the original photo at NASA that I cant post here.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I dunno, it does have quite a right angle, but after seeing the other angles of pics, i also think it is just a natural formation... unfortunately. Also, the picture of the creepy face is cool, but of course natural too. There is a cool one here on earth too.... not as scary, and more native like...

50° 0'38.20"N 110° 6'48.32"W

Nspekta

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

This is what they are covering up, you have to make your own decision about what it signifies.
edit on 013131p://am3153 by debris765nju because: to remove extraneous comment.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Here the image of this strange structure....

To me this looks as though it could pass as a well proportioned building - there is the striking right angle of the roof, with what seems like a vertical drop to make a perfect corner, a darker edge on the right hand side as the other edge of the roof. Two rectilenear style doors? or butresses? on the front edge.

Ok - it certainly does not prove anything, but if someone had told you that was an ariel photo taken in the Mohave desert - would you be thinking it was a 'rock in a mound of dirt'?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
lemme show u what I see

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4147c021256.jpg[/atsimg]

a nuclear reactor and a guard shack
like the one at Groom Lake

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
that looks exactly like a pyramid.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Is this seriously taken at Mars? Cause if it is, I'm sure surprised there are any existing buildings over there. Or perhaps we're in the Matrix?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
lemme show u what I see

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4147c021256.jpg[/atsimg]

a nuclear reactor and a guard shack
like the one at Groom Lake

The picture at the top right is not a nuclear reactor. It is a cooling tower probably used for cooling water in an industrial process system. Probably (based on the size) a nuclear reactor but not necessarily. Cooling towers are HVAC systems basically and come in a variety of shapes, sizes and capacities and are used for other things besides nuclear operations..

The cone in the photo on the left is not the same shape as your photo in the top right. It is a straight cone. I've never seen a cooling tower, on Earth, that is a straight cone. But then again, I'm sure there are differences in the physical engineering on Earth and on Mars.

Third, the "structure" of the "building" in the Mars photo does indeed look like a building to me.
edit on 28/12/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I have no idea what the rectangular shaped artifact is ... could be natural, could be artificial.

However the apparent "cone shaped" structure is nothing more than an optical illusion based on viewing angle.

There is a definitive and pronounced shadow extending from the rectangular artifact. However, if that other artifact was truly of a "cone" shape, then it also would be displaying a shadow effect ... in fact, it's shadow would be substantially bigger than the rectangular artifacts shadow.

Logic leads to the conclusion that the absence of shadow indicates the absence of a tall cone-like structure.
Therefore, just an optical illusion.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That face found one page 1 totally trumps the other silly 'mars face'. This ATS one even has nostrils!

Regarding topic.. it isn't a perfect right angle, in my books it's likely a rock. Appears to have an uneven roof like sand is on it too.

However if I wanted my buildings to not be seen, I'd make them looking like rocks.. or underground.. haha.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

A mound of dirt with right angles huh?

Rethink your ridiculous reply makes you look like a paid debunker, sure glad you didn't say a balloon or lantern that landed.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Originally posted by Blue Shift
As usual with these things, somebody with more ambition than I should try to find a more high resolution photo from someplace like HiRise, with different lighting, to see if it still looks like an artificial structure. Always best to get a second opinion.

Not sure if we are allowed to mention these people on this forum - but this video is higher resolution.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Do we allow this kind of post here? The link is somewhat below the belt. I hope the mods do something about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Very interesting image and also the shadow it casts on the ground, although it would help to know the suns location as this helps in determining the persepctive of the shadow....

Hey have you seen this structure -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is amazing

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The video with the ufo base is from a fish eye camera and from what I can see it is showing part of a shield or canopy that's on the rover, NOT a base of any kind.

Hence it looks like its up in the air...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Have any of you considered the fact that certain minerals and rocks grow in a very symmetrical way? This is an alien planet, and we don't yet know everything about it. While it's not impossible that it could be a structure of some sort, constructed by ancient humans or alien creatures, isn't it also just as likely (if not more so) that it could be a large rock/mineral growth? Just because it has what look like 90 degree angles doesn't immediately mean it couldn't be created by nature. Take for example the Giant's Causeway:

There's also Kamenicky Senov in the Czech Republic which looks similar:

Both these places look like they could be human-made, but they were constructed by nature. Depending on Martian conditions, temperature, pressure, atmosphere and all, it could just as likely be natural. All I'm saying is let's not discount this possibility instead of going straight for the man/alien-made theory.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Go to google earth, click on the saturn icon, pick mars, enter co-ordinates in the search box, zoom in.

41 57'46.61n 44 43'35.11e

way down in louisiana down to new orleans...yes i did click your coords.
but i have to warn you
my interest with mars isn't just on rocks and things but people too...)
so my feed might be very very far off...
image 1

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ab6e0d4ea8f.jpg[/atsimg]

as you can see, the right angled area (red line) and the shadow(white line) indicates the line were the shadow stops abruptly is really skewed. But you might also noticed the two blotch along the left side of the red line and zeroed on that.

image 2
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e6d66bac10e.jpg[/atsimg]

and here you can see 2 figures with the one on the right you can see the silhoutte of the whole body (follow the red line down) while the one on the left has only his head part shown and they seem to be facing towards a dark figure (the shadow part)

Image3
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20b73986bcbe.jpg[/atsimg]
and at a viewing distance of 9 meters away, i think this is the best shot of the shadow figure and one of the guys before i blow the pixels away....
but notice that the shadow has an extended image just right below the long white line, pick it up from here...
here's to your "coords" johnny, be good to 'em...cheers

edit on 28-12-2010 by alphaMegas because: typo

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

That video shows something that fools many people, it shows the underside of the rover's solar panels.

Looking at several photos from that camera you can see that the top of the image always shows the same thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Ok - it certainly does not prove anything, but if someone had told you that was an ariel photo taken in the Mohave desert - would you be thinking it was a 'rock in a mound of dirt'?
Yes, because that's what it looks like, at least to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for that! I still have a problem though with how the ' whatever' is sitting with what appears to be a hilly piece of landscape obscuring parts of the bottom. I would have expected a clear defined bottom of object.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join