It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the legendary chupacabra been found? Man shoots dead mysterious grey-skinned creature .Video and

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Why did he shot it, that's the real question.www.dailymail.co.uk...

Is this mysterious creature a fabled chupacabra, or just a follicly challenged raccoon?

The bald, grey-skinned creature was shot and killed in Lebanon Junction, Kentucky, after it emerged from woodland into the garden of a home.

But the animal, which has large ears, whiskers and a long tail, has sparked intense debate on the internet, with some claiming it is one of the mythical chupacabras.

Stories of the blood-sucking creature began circulating in Puerto Rico 15 years ago and since then tales of the havoc it causes have swept from Chile through Mexico and into southern U.S. states.Mark Cothren shot the animal as it walked into his front yard because he did not recognise it.

He told Wave3.com: 'I was like "every animal has hair, especially this time of year!".

'What puzzled me is how something like that could survive through a winter with no hair.

'Everybody is getting very curious, you know. The phone is ringing off the hook. It's kind of a mystery right now.'

The animal was the size of a house cat, but some people have speculated it could even be a legendary chupacabra.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 27-12-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It looks like a hairless dog, that's sick or something.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This appears to be a Hairless Raccoon

Not Chupacabra.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Honestly why the hell did he shot it.Hardly very threatening.How would it survive the winter with no hair. Poor thing. Mind you if it were eating my goats ( if I had any) maybe I would break out the big guns and light it up.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
This appears to be a Hairless Raccoon

Not Chupacabra.

For comparison.

It is certainly similar, if its a relatively well known hairless raccoon whats all the fuss about. Why did this make the news in the first place.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Raccoons are vermin and they spread disease. I'd have shot this thing too. I know that sounds cruel, but they really do pose a danger to household pets, children, and livestock. They're also awfully good at destroying expensive property.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Sensationalism.

Whoever the "journalist" was who wrote the story apparently hasn't heard of google.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Raccoons are vermin and they spread disease. I'd have shot this thing too. I know that sounds cruel, but they really do pose a danger to household pets, children, and livestock. They're also awfully good at destroying expensive property.

In the UK we don't have raccoons however when I fitted a cat-flap into a back door a few years ago I was amused to read that in the instruction its said that it was Not Raccoon Proof. I acknowledged then that they must be a formidable animal.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I will say this, I don't go out of my way to hurt these animals. The Coons in my neighborhood are all alive and well. They don't mess with the animals and they are pretty good about leaving property alone.

We have well-behaved, decent coons here.

If I were out in the middle of the country it would be a different story. But here they are happy if you just leave them scraps. Which I do.

Edit:

Also, I would get into a lot of trouble for discharging firearms in my neighborhood...
edit on 27-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The nearest thing we have to raccoons are foxes, they can also cause damage and pull your bins about, Although since the introduction of the wheelie bin they are disappearing from the towns back to the countryside where they are now relatively safe from the fox hunts which of course are now illegal.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yep...Several hundred year old British tradition...Lost to to the machinations of stupid legislators.

It's not like the UK is running out of foxes...Maybe we can make the Fox Hunt legal again by introducing several hundred breeding pairs of raccoons...

These animals aren't Foxes. They have thumbs for god sake. They don't care if your bins have wheels, they'll figure it out...They kill your cats and small dogs, and spread rabies if they're that kind of coon. They'd be organizing hunting parties in 3 months after initial introduction.
edit on 27-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Still foxes can be pretty vicious themselves even without thumbs. Mother's 'nightmare' after baby twins 'mauled' by fox www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Yep...Coons have been known to do the same thing here. Baby Attacked By Raccoons In Crib

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Glad to see there are still f-in morons out there that will kill something unknown before thinking to trap it for scientific study.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I really dislike how the mainstream media has turne the Chupacabra into a hairles dog creature or in this case a racoon.

I made a thread about it a little while ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers
edit on 27-12-2010 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

yeah uh that looks like a mutation of X(fox, dog, or other).

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Those are just a hairless type of dog,maybe not classified by the human race.
That is also the cover up of the true chupacabra.
The real chupacabra,has a cloacking device,looks half man half alien,sucks the blood of things through a straw built into its face.
And a few more characteristics,if it does not have those,it is not chupacabra.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Poor hairless raccoon, shot dead by a human. It looked like a female, a mommy with family, no doubt.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me and this mix of boredom and whiskey but this thing looks a lot like Mickey Mouse.

From all the reading I've done on "chupacabras" they usually make me think more along the lines of "Wendigos" than racoons or dogs.

www.lexpublib.org...

edit on 27-12-2010 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
until people can tell the difference between an animal with a really bad case of mange and something really weird we are going to get 100's of pics of the goat sucker posted on the web every week.

If a person is really interested in Cryptozoology I'd advise that they first get acquainted with known animals and their diseases.

I knew an old lady once that had adopted a dog that she found in her garden, the 'dog' that would spend hours sat on her lap was actually a rat, just a common or garden rat that she'd enticed into her living room from her garden.

This is the problem with cryptozoology, most people wouldn't know a bat from a barn owl or a rat from an otter or even a dog and when it comes to a known animal with a disease..... Well then we enter the realms of chupacabra and others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join