It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did first humans come out of Middle East and not Africa? Israeli discovery forces scientists to re-e

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

This is absolutely incredible. 400,000 year old human remains have been found in Israel and could force scientists to revise evolution altogether. Add to that humans may not even have originated in Africa but rather in the Middle East.

They could possibly be cousins of the neanderthals that lived in Europe thousands of years back.

Please add anything you have found.

www.d ailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

San Francisco Gate
edit on 12/27/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

But, but, but...the mitochondrial DNA proves that there was an "eve" in Africa, and the out of Africa theory MUST be true!

And so it goes...more science being shown to be not quite so scientific.

It is my firm belief that science should not be able to teach as "fact" (or, as they call it, "theory") any information that is not a direct observation, or once removed from a direct observation. So much of what we "know" is based on things that have been extrapolated upon through so many iterations, that if one brick falls there will be untold other bricks that will be based on that first brick, but the connection will not be made.

Does that make sense? How many seemingly minor things will need revision yet be completely missed because of such a basic and fundamental change?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Other news sources say they're still not sure it's homo-sapien. It might be Neanderthal, so I'm still not sure yet.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Archeologists from Tel Aviv University say eight human-like teeth found in the Qesem cave near Rosh Ha’Ayin - 10 miles from Israel’s international airport - are 400,000 years old, from the Middle Pleistocene Age, making them the earliest remains of homo sapiens yet discovered anywhere in the world.

Wow, amazing find! Trust the Israelis to "find" this and prove that they were created by God?
They must be the chosen ones.... because God gave them American made weaponry!

BTW - 8 teeth? that's the basis! WOW, if we based paleontology off 8 teeth, we'd have a problem.

Firstly, yes I read the article. There is no evidence of a second such specimen in the area. If that doesn't ring a bell, then what does?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

A scientist, deeply passionate and convinced he/she is right, making a bold, unsubstantiated claim. I have to agree with some of the other posters here, the conclusion seems very premature. However, that is not a new thing. A lot of the early archeologists headed to the filed with a pick ax in one hand and the Bible in the other, looking for connections. Needless to say, one generally finds what one looks for.

I agree early human evolution is far from a done deal. There is a lot of theory and conjecture. But like all science, I am not going to throw the baby out with the bath water but take it as a moving target for now.

...of course I could be cold on this and imply said scientist is looking for yet another lump of cash to continue the dig. A bold, newsworthy story sure fires up would-be financial supporters.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

8 teeth is a veritable skeleton in this extrapolation happy world.

From those 8 teeth you will get a drawing of a creature with all manner of strange appendages.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by alphaphysics
I'm an not surprised by this, i've been studying the sumerian tablets for some time now and this discovery makes them even more valid, not only is almost every religious text based on these 6,000 year old documents but now there is evidence to support their claims

Maybe if the tooth was found between tigris and the euphrates
but not Israel

But at the end of the day... at least we can all agree that the below is:

Proof That Men Have Not Evolved All That Much

edit on 27-12-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

that ape on the left looks like it has down syndrome.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The landmass isn't a sphere. Rotate the Earth 30 degrees and it's still the center of landmass.
It's a stupid argument anyway, I don't think that's what he was implying. Not everything is political.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
IF these teeth really are 400,000 years old, and IF they really are Homo sapiens, that does in NO WAY discount the Out of Africa theory. All the Out of Africa theory says is that modern humans can be traced back to Africa through their DNA.

There's nothing in that theory that would prevent modern humans, i.e.: Homo sapiens, from coming out of Africa several times or even, perish the thought, originate on a continent other than Africa. It's just that they did not survive. There's no evidence for that, but it is technocally possible. The Sahara has been called a "Great Pump" because when it turns into grasslands, people move out of Africa. When it turns to desert, they don't. There have been successive waves of migration. If you're interested in that sort of thing, here's a cool site that expresses current theory.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join