It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did first humans come out of Middle East and not Africa? Israeli discovery forces scientists to re-e

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Did first humans come out of Middle East and not Africa? Israeli discovery forces scientists to re-examine evolution of modern man

www.d ailymail.co.uk

Scientists could be forced to re-write the history of the evolution of modern man after the discovery of 400,000-year-old human remains.
Until now, researchers believed that homo sapiens, the direct descendants of modern man, evolved in Africa about 200,000 years ago and gradually migrated north, through the Middle East, to Europe and Asia.
Recently, discoveries of early human remains in China and Spain have cast doubt on the 'Out of Africa' theory, but no-one was certain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
macedoniaonline.eu

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is absolutely incredible. 400,000 year old human remains have been found in Israel and could force scientists to revise evolution altogether. Add to that humans may not even have originated in Africa but rather in the Middle East.

They could possibly be cousins of the neanderthals that lived in Europe thousands of years back.

Please add anything you have found.

www.d ailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

San Francisco Gate
edit on 12/27/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm an not surprised by this, i've been studying the sumerian tablets for some time now and this discovery makes them even more valid, not only is almost every religious text based on these 6,000 year old documents but now there is evidence to support their claims.
edit on 27-12-2010 by alphaphysics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaphysics

Could you please elaborate on how this makes their religion and civilization correct?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
wow, talk about this archeologist jumping the gun
This could just be the teeth a Neanderthal and not necessarily modern man.
in fact it's most likely that of a Neanderthal.

Interesting article nonetheless
But no this does not change the evolutionary picture

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaphysics

I'm in agreement with you, alphaphysics.

While I would have to research this further, Misoir Suave, I have *always felt* that the beginnings of humankind were born in Persian, Babylonian areas. Maybe falsely, due to religious texts, cultural shaping, or by the evidence of observing the areas (self-evidence)....

My bet is the find in Israel would be "shrunken" if the finds in modern-day Iraq and Iran are allowed to be exposed and/or haven't been destroyed....[
edit on 27-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: Modus Operandi

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me how they determined the age of the teeth and flint fragments?

If they were dug up I would understand how they could be associated with the age of the surrounding material. As they were found in a cave, how do you know when they were left there? Surely the items in the cave arrived there "after" the cave was created and so are not the same age as the cave.

They could even be fairly recent, no?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Look back in time at landlock plan view of Earth land masses. It helps see the migration pattern for some within that region. I think the more we dig the more shall be uncovered. As long as it is not related to BLUEBEAM (reporting lost geological findings to um give power to those related to finds) then we should be cool in our findings. S&F interesting

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

So the Enki experimented on several hominids thousands of years ago. They might have accelerated our change into modern humans.

The giant bones and broken/junk DNA being found are more evidence of ancient ET experiments.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Im not saying that I completely agree with this , however it is interesting. If you were to reconnect the continents like a puzzle guess where the center would be? www.icr.org...

edit on 27-12-2010 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaphysics
I'm an not surprised by this, i've been studying the sumerian tablets for some time now and this discovery makes them even more valid, not only is almost every religious text based on these 6,000 year old documents but now there is evidence to support their claims

Maybe if the tooth was found between tigris and the euphrates
but not Israel

But at the end of the day... at least we can all agree that the below is:

Proof That Men Have Not Evolved All That Much

edit on 27-12-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Can someone explain to me how they determined the age of the teeth and flint fragments?

The article doesn't say, but it is likely through stratigraphy. At this point I don't think this is much to get excited about. One tooth is not going to cut it. About all this will do is act as corroboration of more material is found elsewhere. It's an interesting find and needs to be recorded, but it does not by itself disprove the Out of Africa theory.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dantanna
first up, if its anywhere, its going to be persia, not izreal.

just another chance to glorify the already 'chozen' members of our esteemed race.

That is a 100% political statement and has NOTHING to do with teh science of the issue.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
That is a 100% political statement and has NOTHING to do with teh science of the issue.

More often than not these days science related news is often filtered by a political process
So it's not irrelevant, i'm not saying I agree with him though

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
wow, talk about this archeologist jumping the gun
This could just be the teeth a Neanderthal and not necessarily modern man.
in fact it's most likely that of a Neanderthal.

Interesting article nonetheless
But no this does not change the evolutionary picture

If the conclusions drawn from the data are correct, then of course it changes the evolutionary picture.

The morphological analysis on the permanent and deciduous teeth (CT scans and X-rays) indicates that the size and shape of the teeth are very similar to those of modern man. They are also very similar to teeth (of modern man) dated to around 100,000 years ago that have previously been discovered in the Skhul Cave on Mount Carmel and the Qafzeh Cave in the Lower Galilee near Nazareth, so there's an established extremely old presence of Homo Sapiens in this region that gives credence to this data. None of the Qesem teeth resemble those of pre-Homo sapiens Neanderthals.
Prof. Avi Gopher and Dr. Ran Barkai claim that the findings that characterize the culture of those who dwelled in the Qesem Cave – systematic production of flint blades, habitual use of fire, evidence of hunting, cutting and sharing of animal meat, mining raw materials to produce flint tools from subsurface sources - indicate Homo Sapiens rather than Neanderthal.

Now we're waiting for the reaction of the archaeological establishment, which will no doubt be merciless. However, if Gopher and Barkai's findings stand up to scrutiny, rather than destroying the 'out of Africa' theory it shows that man's origins are more complex than previously thought - which other similar findings in the Middle East and Asia already have.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just a thought here. Is there a connection to Project blue Beam? I mean this is kind of freaky. One of the first steps was to prove religions wrong, i believe. I don't know about you people, but I have been noticing there is a rise going on in the religous sector, almost like they are trying to make something happen.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

By the way, being a conspiracy site, I cannot believe somebody hasn't noticed this already. Come on people were slacking.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I still havn't found out where any modern humans came from.

Archaic Homo Sapiens are not modern humans.

So called "Early modern humans", such as the Omo, Skhul, and Cro Magnon still have archaic features and Cro Magnon had a brain size around 1600cm, compared to modern humans who have brains around 1200cm.

I would like to know where did the first true human emerged from?

That I'm willing to bet is probably in the Middle East.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Im not saying that I completely agree with this , however it is interesting. If you were to reconnect the continents like a puzzle guess where the center would be? www.icr.org...

edit on 27-12-2010 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

There is no center in a sphere
Fine earth is not a perfect sphere but still it's not flat

Rotate earth 30 degrees and Isarel is not in the center anymore
Also being in the center doesn't mean anything either

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join