It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Emerges From WikiLeaks As A Key Player On Global Scene

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Dated material...the Archbishop of New York City is Rev. Timothy Dolan.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Fair enough, Christianity only started with the HRCC and has branched off into tens of thousands of a varriety. They are the majority though, the pope being accepted as the champion of Christianty, The Vicar of Christ.

I only know I know nothing, I am just simply opening minds to different ways of thinking.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

Yes, again I agree with you and think that even many Protestant churches have failed in the
sense they have become tools of the political machine. Its tempting, for sure. But a trap nonetheless.

Even so, we can remain in our individual relationship with God apart from The Church.
We have a High Preist apart from The Pope, no matter what The Church may claim.
edit on 27-12-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is really nothing new. The Vatican has always had significant world influence. In my opinion, the Vatican has more influence in world affairs than many smaller countries. The Illuminati have been closely tied with the Vatican. There is an informative document called "The Anti-Christ Identity" that closely ties Vatican to many world events and world affairs.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The church is not charged with bringing peace...only Christ can do that. Jesus said we will always have war and the poor. We are charged as the church to know God, Love God and serve God and in doing so love our neighbor.

Peace will only come after the final judgment. The church (Catholic means Universal) is for everyone and only seeks to help bring each and every person who chooses to believe to salvation. I am appalled by the crass assumptions and allegations in this thread...judge not lest you be judged. I have no problem when you choose for yourself to believe these lies...but when you spread them I find it heartbreaking. The article in the original post (if you read the whole thing) even explains how the diplomatic efforts of both parties seem to truly be thoughtful and beneficial to our world. Really the Vatican was promoting an end to human trafficking, end to the war in Iraq, and end to the death penalty. Noble. shame on all who posted here for trying to turn the virtuous life work of so many people who dedicate their lives to making the world a better place into something sinister.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

No one needs to accept shame, only those who are engaged in wrong doing.

Again, I will clarify that The Vatican is not The Church.

It is a political power.
www.nationsencyclopedia.com...
And as to The Church even scripture makes the clarification.

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

bible.cc...

edit on 27-12-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What I find unusual is that a couple of years ago, Henry Kissenger was hired by the Pope to be his personal political advisor. Henry Kissenger..?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think the biggest joke is that schools keep talking of how Rome fell.

They never fell, they simply changed the names of deities and decided to run the world from behind the scenes...
They learned a valueable lesson...its easier to control everything when they play behind the scenes and let nations feel like they are independent verses a giant empire.

Welcome to the very old world order.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky

The church is not charged with bringing peace...only Christ can do that. Jesus said we will always have war and the poor. We are charged as the church to know God, Love God and serve God and in doing so love our neighbor.

Peace will only come after the final judgment. The church (Catholic means Universal) is for everyone and only seeks to help bring each and every person who chooses to believe to salvation. I am appalled by the crass assumptions and allegations in this thread...judge not lest you be judged. I have no problem when you choose for yourself to believe these lies...but when you spread them I find it heartbreaking. The article in the original post (if you read the whole thing) even explains how the diplomatic efforts of both parties seem to truly be thoughtful and beneficial to our world. Really the Vatican was promoting an end to human trafficking, end to the war in Iraq, and end to the death penalty. Noble. shame on all who posted here for trying to turn the virtuous life work of so many people who dedicate their lives to making the world a better place into something sinister.

-Did Christ not charge Peter with the task of building his Church and spreading the word? Peace and Love
-To serve God as stated in the Bible is a charge, task, duty or whatever you wish to call it.
-Does the peace that will come only in final judgement mean that one should not spread peace in the meantime?
-Is not calling the words of another a lie, a judgement?
-Has God not directed humanity to resort to war to win the cause?
-Did Jesus or God ever state there would be a righteous and pure organization of any sort established?

Please read over your tag at the bottom. How is one to truly know who knows and who knows not?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The pope's modern day job is to claim righteousness for the sins of the powerful.

We are now with our last pope. There will be no more after this. That may sound grim, but truthfully it is not.

After this pope, righteousness will be restored, for all - not just the powerful.

(Think about the church's power throughout history - the crusades, etc. all for power and control.)

If there is any Pope after this one, it will be the antichrist.

A.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

In my humble opinion, wrongdoing could be information spread that may not have merit and might falsely incriminate a whole group of people for the errors of just a few.

The Church and the Vatican are the same in my life view, because in my paradigm, Jesus gave the keys of the kingdom to Peter. "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18) In my paradigm the people who do the work of the Roman Catholic Church and the Vatican do so in an effort to dedicate their lives to God. In my effort to defend them, I apologize if I disparaged any of you outside of this experience. Forgive me for using the word shame....judge not lest ye be judged ...right?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyzing

I fear what you write may be very true (except the first line)...hopefully fullness of God's judgment will come quickly.
edit on 12/27/2010 by Missing Blue Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Stephen Greer in Hidden Truth states that the Vatican is as much a world power now as it ever was, and that there were certain factions within the Jesuit community that were into Satan worship and it was this group that were in the inside of the ET knowledge.

Before any Catholics take offense, understand it was a Jesuit Priest who turned me onto this book and who also confirmed that Greer was correct on the involvment of Satanism of some of the Jesuits.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

Thats understandable. Thanks for the clarification.
It is not my intent to disparage The Church, even further The Vatican.

The OP article is from The Catholic News Service itself.

The mission of Catholic News Service is the mission of the Church itself -- to spread the Gospel through contemporary means of communication.

Our mission is to perform this task by reporting the news which affects Catholics in their everyday lives

I however must question the power that The Vatican holds, and continues to seek out and even emphasize, as it has done with this "bit of news".

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
reply to post by Analyzing

I fear what you write may be very true (except the first line)...hopefully fullness of God's judgment will come quickly.
edit on 12/27/2010 by Missing Blue Sky because: (no reason given)

Oh sure...I imagine any day now God will come

Considering this is how things have been going since the rise of Rome...yep, aaaaanyday now.

if not him, then perhaps Jupiter (zeus) will wake up and banish Rome.

Or maybe the world can stop being soo damn reliant on religion and religious leaders to give them all this flipping power to begin with!!!

Naa, we need our space ghost chatters to lead society and tell us how to organize.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Replied earlier, but it's not here. ...Guess I forgot to hit the button.

...Yeah Wikileaks.

Old news. Ancient news. New proof.

S&F btw

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I think the biggest joke is that schools keep talking of how Rome fell.

They never fell, they simply changed the names of deities and decided to run the world from behind the scenes...
They learned a valueable lesson...its easier to control everything when they play behind the scenes and let nations feel like they are independent verses a giant empire.

Welcome to the very old world order.

It is an interesting perspective however it's incomplete
All religions are based on Sumerian mythology, so how do you throw that into the mix?

And apparently the Annunaki were also controlling the masses and using them as slaves

So how does you theory work with that?
Proto?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

What I meant is the peace we can bring to each other is very human, very one on one, neighbor to neighbor. That we are called to do through the Golden rule (Do unto others as you would have them do unto you). World Peace will only come at the final judgment (based on my understanding). Free Will and negative influences and temptations will cause so many of to create strife and discord daily. So we wait for Jesus to come and purge the earth of all negativity and selfishness and for peace to reign.

False prophets will be those who try to promise world peace (for example . nuclear nonproliferation, temporary treaties, etc. )

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Thinking on what you said...

It's as if one PTB is duking it out with another PTB....

Like the new blood elite globalists are battling the vatican!!!

I think we'll see a bit more of this. Whoever is powerful enough to challenge the existing powers and coming up powers will attempt to make their mark and stake the throne as ruler of the globe. Integration or collapse of humanities ability to have order will happen soon enough, relatively speaking.
edit on 27-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

There was some maintenence going on earlier. Happened to me too.

Yes, as you highlight, new proof. I find it ironic its from the Catholic News Service.
I realize as many of us have pointed out, this is not "new news".

Just the woman changing clothes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join