It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians: Obama No Longer Backs Palestinian State Within 1967 Borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Palestinians: Obama No Longer Backs Palestinian State Within 1967 Borders

www.debka.com

Palestinian leaders in Ramallah, including Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Minister Salam Fayad, are sunk in gloom over what they perceive as US President Barak Obama repudiation of his promises to them and greater sympathy for the Netanyahu government's side of the Middle East dispute.

This development drew forth Abbas' unequivocal statement in Bethlehem Saturday, Dec. 25: "There will be no Israeli presence in the Palestinian state."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The Palestinian beef is not only with the Americans. In recent weeks, Saudi voices, having criticized the Abbas-Fayyad tactics on peace diplomacy with Israel as inept, have advised them to go for an interim deal as their only realistic option. Moscow too has joined the chorus jarring on Palestinian ears in Ramallah since the senior Russian emissary and lawmaker and close associate of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, Mikhail Margelov held talks with Israeli political and military officials in Tel Aviv last week.
Following those interviews, Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman once again declared that the only possible and desirable deal with the Palestinians as things stand to day was an interim accord.

Once again, it seems that political forces prevent a long term peace prospect in The Middle East.

So close, and yet so far.

debkafile's sources report the Palestinians believe the tide turned against them in US thinking 10 days earlier on Dec. 15-16 when two senior White House advisers and David Haie arrived for visits to the region.

Most of the Israeli media are still highlighting as comment by Infrastructure Minister Binyamin Ben Eliezer Sunday at the weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem Sunday. He said he wouldn't be surprised if the United States recognized a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders before the end of the coming year.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I think it is quite obvious that the whole peace process is a scam and was never meant to work. Obama's actions speak louder than words. He criticizes Israel but never actually does anything about it. He may try to portray a neutral stance, but it is clear that he favors Israel. If he really cared about Palestine or it's citizens he would have done more to stop the settlement expansions. If he really cared about Americans he would have spoke out against the illegal raid on the Floatilla that landed one American dead execution style. He went to that site in Israel and wore the head peace, but would not visit a holy site in India because it would require that he puts on a different head peace. I think it is painfully obvious who's corner he is in.

It is sad to say, but Palestinians will never get their land back. The peace process will never work. As long as the people continue electing corrupt officials on the Israeli pay roll, there is no use to even try to make this situation any better.

These are just my opinions based on factual events. I am sure many will disagree, but the facts do not lie. I wonder what would happen if there was an agreement to restore the 1967 borders. I imagine it would be quite the mess. I am hesitant to say what I really feel about the settlers, but they are human as well, and they would have to then find another place to live. But the truth is that that land belongs to Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I agree with you, with a small caveat. I think that eventually there will be a peace accord.
And all will agree, and be happy for a time.

I see the game for the political process being this "he said" "she said" type of ploy,
there will be a power that will initiate the final peace process.

I think that this will play into it big time.
Vatican Body Asks UN To 'End Israeli Occupation'

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This makes no sense whatsoever. I thought Obama was Muslim, so how could he possibly back Israel more than Palestine?
Either he's no Muslim, or someone else calls the shots.

On a serious note, this isn't very surprising.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I truly hope you are right, it would be nice for some type of deal that both sides agree upon to be reached. I am just pessimistic from all these years of BS that I cannot help and be a skeptic. But I sure hope you are right...your outcome is better than the outcome I have predicted.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I think you also made a very good point. I believe Obama is not a real Muslim, and I also believe that Obama is not calling the shots. I have no proof of what Obama's religion is, and it does not matter to me, but I am very confident that he is not the decision maker in his administration. Who makes the decision? Sorry but I do not have a clue

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I think you also made a very good point. I believe Obama is not a real Muslim, and I also believe that Obama is not calling the shots. I have no proof of what Obama's religion is, and it does not matter to me, but I am very confident that he is not the decision maker in his administration. Who makes the decision? Sorry but I do not have a clue

Who makes the decisions for Obama? The Zionists make the decisions for him.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Perhaps. Nice post, and vid.

Maybe The Vatican has a monstrous weight, and is perhaps even more
a power. Or, even more so, perhaps at the top of all of the powers, are men holding hands
for the ultimate agenda.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

There is no way on Planet Earth that Israel is going back to 1967.

Right or wrong (we talked about this yesterday) why should they need to?

Israel is the main player in the Eastern Mediterranean.

Israel is the only regional state that can defend itself by pressing a couple of nuke responsive buttons.

Israel is basically untouchable.

So the Palestinians speak it as it is and it is so obvious to the rest of us.

They are not going back to 1967.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

They are not going back to 1967.

Hence there is never going to be a peaceful solution.

While israel coincidently keeps expanding according to the two lines on it's flag.

Israel owns US so US has no choice on backing away from israel.

The most interesting part is the Al-Aqsa mosque.The day it gets destroyed so that israelis could revive the solomon temple, that's when the real war starts.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I agree, and appreciate your comments.

I do think there is coming a time when Israel will make a deal for a different future.
They wont go back, but change is coming.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The most interesting part is the Al-Aqsa mosque.The day it gets destroyed so that israelis could revive the solomon temple, that's when the real war starts.

Too true but the high point is sacred to all the Abrahamics. Israel will never destroy the Mosque. It is as sacred to Israel as it is to the rest.

Israel is untouchable as it is technologically on another planet.

Syria is the only local real enemy and can be taken out in two days minimum.

Iran is far away and is surrounded by Israeli proxies/friends Brits and Yanks on two fronts.

Israel (at this moment in time) is as safe as houses.

It's every other nation in that region that we should be (honestly) concerned about.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
How does this work with the increasing number of countries recognising Palestine within the 67 borders ?

Maybe it's because of the growing support for Palestine that USA feels it's time to try and get a lesser agreement from the Pals before international opinion makes them look backward.

I don't think it will work. America has lost credibility from other countries for it's slavish backing of Isreal. They continually hold talks and make out they are for each side, but in reality it's all bs.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I agree, and appreciate your comments.

I do think there is coming a time when Israel will make a deal for a different future.
They wont go back, but change is coming.

Yes Israel must make peace. It's just like when?

I was out there two months ago and as sick as this sounds I do not believe peace is coming soon.

Israelis have been hardened. They now trust nobody at all, just their leaders. They have got to the point where they have lived their entire lives (most are now born in Israel) and know nothing but being attacked by Arabs/neighbours.

They know (rightly or wrongly) that the one thing that makes them safe is guns and bombs and in actual reality it works.

Israel will not now go back on the settlements and even more so the Golan.

Too much history in so little a period of time.

Too many wars.

Now Israel is safe and properly safe Brits and Yanks doing at least half their work for them.

Fact is they know they are hated by the native Arabs in the region. Why give their potential foe any advantage?

edit on 27-12-2010 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
How does this work with the increasing number of countries recognising Palestine within the 67 borders ?

Other countries?

What do they count for?

The only countries that count are the big five in the UN.

China messed up in Korea.

Russia (economically) has very big connections with (Jewish) Israel, they are one and the same, Jewish influence over both is so deep and historical................ It counts.

France, Britain, USA.................. Jewish influence in politics and economics is scary.

Big five count pure and simple.............

The rest make up the numbers

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

And all those countries apart from the USA support Israel retreating back to their legally defined pre june 1967 borders, every year at the UN...although it is more likely that the USA and the handful of random countries who vote against the resolution vs the rest of the world is nothing but an attempt at turning the USA in to a giant lightning rod to attract all the negative attention from doing so.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

And all those countries apart from the USA support Israel retreating back to their legally defined pre june 1967 borders, every year at the UN...although it is more likely that the USA and the handful of random countries who vote against the resolution vs the rest of the world is nothing but an attempt at turning the USA in to a giant lightning rod to attract all the negative attention from doing so.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

The big five count.

Rest make up the numbers.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's funny that only a little over two years ago that the entire interantional community rejoiced in the 2008 election results. The entire world looking at America with Obamas win to the presidency. He was "The MAN!"

He's just laughing at the world, especially at his supporters here in the United States, because he knew himself he couldn't do what he promised. He played y'all!

Here's a video dedicated to all of his supporters here in the United States and worldwide.

edit on 27/12/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join