It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexuality is a Bell Curve

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by ChaosMagician

This makes me wonder where I would be placed in all this.
What an unusual thought.

OK, youngster, fess up!

Well, I'm not gay. Only kissed a girl when I was young... I don't foresee a lesbian experience in my future but it's not that I haven't ever consider this. I did somewhat early and think if I was gay I wouldn't hide it at all... so I'm not gay.
I'm not really attracted to men anymore either. Well, I guess I always see myself with someone who is taking on the male role but I guess I'm just not attracted to *these* men.
I think about sex a lot though... have had a fair share of it... I'm not asexual. I think about it often.

So I'm straight but I don't exhibit a lot of straight female behaviors... although i have... you know, chasing them mens around, but # all that #. I could get a man. I don't want one though. I do but i don't. I'm not interested in fulfilling the needs of any man I know but I think about it all the time.

I'm going to become terribly senile at an early age.
edit on 27-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Maybe there is a difference between "physical homosexuality" and "emotional homosexuality?"

No. homosexuality is JUST like heterosexuality, except with the same gender instead of the opposite one. You're straight. Of course you can't imagine cuddling with a man. But a gay guy can't imagine cuddling with a woman. It's the same exact thing as being straight.

As you said, you'd do just about anything to be with a woman (or something like that). Even if you would consider having relations with a transvestite, the end result is being with a 'woman'. She's a woman in your mind. That doesn't mean that you're a little gay, it means you love women.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

What an unusual thought.

OK, youngster, fess up!

Well, I'm not gay. Only kissed a girl when I was young...

So you explored your options when you were young.

I don't foresee a lesbian experience in my future but it's not that I haven't ever consider this.

So basically you are not pursuing it but would not turn it down if it came to you?

I did somewhat early and think if I was gay I wouldn't hide it at all... so I'm not gay.

Maybe you are just Bisexual?

I'm not really attracted to men anymore either. Well, I guess I always see myself with someone who is taking on the male role but I guess I'm just not attracted to *these* men.

So you are not necessarily attracted to men but rather someone who has very male characteristics.

I think about sex a lot though... have had a fair share of it... I'm not asexual. I think about it often.

I am going to guess you mean you think of and have had sex involving you and a male, not a female?

So I'm straight but I don't exhibit a lot of straight female behaviors... although i have... you know, chasing them mens around, but # all that #.

Sounds like you are confused on your sexuality.

I could get a man. I don't want one though. I do but i don't. I'm not interested in fulfilling the needs of any man I know but I think about it all the time.

So you are a feminist of sorts. You have a complex view of a future relationship which you want but you also do not want. It's like a war in your mind for control and cannot make up your final decision?

I think you are bisexual with little desire for a long-term committed relationship to anyone.

Just my opinion though...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

What an unusual thought.

OK, youngster, fess up!

Well, I'm not gay. Only kissed a girl when I was young...

So you explored your options when you were young.

I don't foresee a lesbian experience in my future but it's not that I haven't ever consider this.

So basically you are not pursuing it but would not turn it down if it came to you?

I did somewhat early and think if I was gay I wouldn't hide it at all... so I'm not gay.

Maybe you are just Bisexual?

So you are not necessarily attracted to men but rather someone who has very male characteristics.

I am going to guess you mean you think of and have had sex involving you and a male, not a female?

So I'm straight but I don't exhibit a lot of straight female behaviors... although i have... you know, chasing them mens around, but # all that #.

Sounds like you are confused on your sexuality.

I could get a man. I don't want one though. I do but i don't. I'm not interested in fulfilling the needs of any man I know but I think about it all the time.

So you are a feminist of sorts. You have a complex view of a future relationship which you want but you also do not want. It's like a war in your mind for control and cannot make up your final decision?

I think you are bisexual with little desire for a long-term committed relationship to anyone.

Just my opinion though...

No, i would not consider having sex with a female. that is why i said I don't foresee it... as in it's not going to happen, period.

I'm not confused about my sexuality. i have a feminine roll. I entertain the heterosexual thought keeping company with a male but I'm not interested in any men i know. I look at men now... of all sorts and I'm not interested in what i see. I don't think of them as ugly, I'm just not interested in them anymore. I used to be.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Maybe you need a good soul, braniac, suave-looking type....like Misoir....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I do not know how much I am. Maybe another person could say more from the outside.

I would certainly be turned off by a tranny discovered.
Nothing wrong with it but it's just not my taste... Like some people desire cherry brandy, some would only clean their boots with it.
Only women for me, sorry.
I guess I am too extreme.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

I guess I am an extremist, too...for being a one-woman man?!

A REAL MAN is finally in the house, ATS!

Kokatsi, much love, peace, and regards to you....

You, I'm afraid, are a dying breed among us.....

Kudos, and a star!

edit on 27-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I just realized that people were giving their personal experiences for a reason. Duh!

I'm what I consider "mostly straight".
I am a female married to a man and I'm very happy.
Most of my sexual relationships have been with men. During my 20s, I had several casual relationships with women and then later, before I met my husband, I had one serious relationship with a woman. I would say we were in love.

Visually, I'm more attracted to women. I just think they're more appealing to look at. And they're soft and sweet. What's not to like? But emotionally, I am more drawn to men. My husband could have been a woman and frankly, I still would have fallen in love with him because of the PERSON he is. To me, the package isn't so important as the person that's inside.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks BH! I totally agree with you. My love for women is overwhelming to the point that I might act a little crazy to get the end result. I have always said that I will eventually turn gay, but not until I have had ALL THE WOMEN!

By the way, women are softer and sweeter, and much more visually appealing. I know it is a double standard, but I totally understand why two women can be intimate without it getting too weird or gross. Women grow up holding hands, and hugging and kissing and dressing one another. You show your emotions often. Men typically don't grow up doing any of those things, so it seems odd to suddenly decide to be intimate with a man. "Emotionally" I think opposite sexes compliment each other better, but as you say, it depends on the individuals. I suppose any two individuals can be a yin and a yang. I just happen to prefer being a yang!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Changed my mind, not worth asking questions that will never be answered. I just do not understand why people click on threads and then only post to complain about what that thread is about when the title is pretty damn clear. Thats all.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Sexuality is a Bell Curve is not the clearest title, ya know?

Or do you even know what a bell curve is?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm a bit of a romantic and tend to be drawn to the mental dynamics of opposite sex relationships. I feel it's good for a man and woman to understand and regard each other. However, the physical side of the relationship has always been a huge hassle for me. It's not that I or the other doesn't know what they are doing. It just doesn't seem like my kind of thing. They seem to be perfectly content with it while it lasts but it feels very dominant and uncomfortable to me. I try to adapt to make the other person happy but no way am I going to do that for someone who takes it for granted, expects it, then act like the world is falling apart when they don't get it. Making out with a woman has never seemed like my kind of thing either. This on top of the fact that I think about sex often.

ooo...If I don't watch out I'm going to make myself really grumpy.
Some days I look around at what I don't have and don't feel so regarded.
It's not such a good thing to lose sight of.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

From what I gathered and observed, there is straight male types and females types, then there are bisexual's who go both ways, and there are gay females and males. What I seen to surmise, is that the majority of females are bisexual and just sexual by nature, but go straight when biological and social pressure ensues. And the gay females usually stay withing that range of being with other females and would probably be in the minority, and I'm not sure what lesbians really are but I think it's another word or phase for bisexuals females, and off-course there are the straight females that are attracted to males only. But social pressures play a big role in all that, and in all roles.

I'm not sure what the majority of males are, because society and civilization and stigma and dogma and peer pressure and conditioning, was and is more stringent in males. But if you would to remove all that away I would guess it would probably be that straight and bisexual would be about 50/50, and gay would be in a minority.

So I don't think its all that complicated, the only reason why it would be complicated is because of the social engineering that goes on in whatever civilization your in. So yes if you were to remove all the programing in humanity, then you would find out that without the labels and social strings attached they would be just "sexual" and the majority would probably go both ways hence the norm would be bisexual's.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wow there dude, hold your horses to much information.... If you even considered on doing as you say you would with a tranny, then I'm pretty sure your bisexual, as well as one of them sexual males who likes to have sex a lot and often, don't know what there called, but I think they call the female version nymphs or sluts, and you have just been conditioned to stick to the straight path by society and peer-pressure.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I agree with the bell curve to a point but there is a lot more to it.

Most people are sexuality repressed to the point that even there partners don't know everything. They may think they do but if both were asked in a completely anonymous setting i bet there would be things that the other did not know.

I bet 90% of the people out there have hidden sexual fetish's or kinks that they would never admit to.

Others go so far that they take business trips just so they can go someplace no one know them so they can have time to have fun..

The 50 or 100 mile rule.
Many peoples sexuality changes if they are away from anyone that would know them.
I am a life long nudist and over the years traveled to many nudist areas around the state i have meet a few people that every one they knew in there home town believed were str8 with no kinks but have been seen at nude beaches in the gay section.

I know a private investigator that tracks people like wives wanting to know if there husbons are cheating while he is on the road. or companies that want to know is there sales or merchandise employees are logging in there time at right.
he is not suprised any more when he finds the married guys he tracks bar hopping on there off hours to gay bars around a town they are in for the night, Or married guys that stop at adult book store as they travel.
He can put a GPS unit or a car or truck and see just where people go without having to fallow them and some times is tracking up to 40 people at a time all by GPS and computer. Some people he even tracks by there company cell phones.
www.brickhousesecurity.com...

I had one nudist hot springs i went to that other people i knew from the local area played str8 but a the same time the gays would joke about how these people were really gay or Bi.

I have had other times gays when they found out where i was from would ask if i knew there friends from were i lived. before asking my sexual orientation.
Many times these gays would "out" people i knew.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Exactly, it's a bell curve of perversions and most people are just not honest or mature enough to be able to talk about it. That's why you'll see so many people just run to the shelter of either opposing group and start waving a banner because that's where they feel socially comfortable. By proclaiming that they are either this or that just highlights their actually level of insecurity with their own sexuality.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You're missing the whole point with your propensity to attach labels. You seem to be trying to pinpoint a label such as bisexuality when the main point is simply you are either 'sexual' or you are not. And if you are a sexual being then the way that you have sex on any particular occasion could fall anywhere along the curve - depending on your state of mind at that exact time.

Being a sexual being means that the way a person has sex at any particular time could be gay sex, or straight sex, or bondage, or S&M, or whatever fetish and any combination of the above - because they are a sexual being. And in doing so does not require them to be, or necessitate, any particular label.

This is my point that the label itself is the banner of insecurity. By saying that I'm this or I'm that a person is doing nothing more then running for cover under some groups banner because they are not mature enough to realize that what they really are is a sexual being capable of many different sexual expressions along the 'Actions' curve depending on the given situation.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

This might be what he's saying...
Lets say someone is watching adult movies.. We'll say it's a young male. Now, this young male might not want to see other naked men, because well, that would literally be kind of gay.

But lets say it's a man and a woman in this adult video. The existence of a woman in this picture makes things better. But he's still seeing another guy isn't he?

I don't know maybe that's what he's on about.

Hoping I managed to get through this post without violating T/C lmao

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Great post man.... I agree with most of it.

I think most guys are probably the same, we like to get our rocks off... but not many will admit what you said but most would just "finish the deed" I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Good analysis but even bisexual doesn't really cover it. If I had to define a label that defied any labeling it would be 'Situational Omnisexual'. Depending on the exact circumstances of any given situation, is how we will express our sexuality, if we are to engage in sex. Hence, we are either sexual or we are not.

Hot T-Girl, bisexual orgy, farm boy with sheep (i think that's wrong but just to give an example), gay for the stay sex, S&M, Bondage, or perfect monogamy being thrown out the window when you're stuck on an island with only one other person. Whatever the given situation, if you are a sexual being and determined to engage in sex, will determine the way that you have sex, and by doing so it does not make you this, that, or the other and certainly doesn't lock you in to any particular label.

As every group is trying to improve their numbers or claim that their way is more natural then the others this will probably piss a few people off. But in my opinion the only true and natural sexuality is - you either have sex, or you don't.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join