It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This China’s First Stealth Fighter? (Picture)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

That is the PLA star.

english.people.com.cn...

Note Chinese Air Force J-7s carryng it on the tail?

www2.airliners.net...

www2.airliners.net...

J-10s carrying the star on the nose-wheel door.

img257.imageshack.us...

Close up image of J-20 at Chengdu. Note standard PLAAF marking on top of wing?

img52.imageshack.us...

TJ

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yeh whatever, one image is sufficient, no need to be an arrogant tool about it.
I really don't care what insignia their demo teams carry. The combat jet you posted has the insignia I posted.

Anyway, I take back what I said. Seems this is real.
Still, the question remains is it a mock up or the real thing.
According to Chinese sources, it will make it's first flight in a few weeks.
If it is the real thing, props to China. So far it looks like a hell of a plane.
Hopefully we see more photos, of better quality and angle.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

These are called facts. It isn't my fault that you initially believed that the images are faked or that it is some sort of Chinese hoax?

Video footage filmed from the public road on the western side of the airfield. Either a landing or a high-speed taxi tests with chute?

Link to image of chute being deployed.

i737.photobucket.com...

TJ

edit on 5-1-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Interesting article.

China Stealth Fighter? Photos Released Online Raise Speculations

But the U.S. Defense Department said it wasn't worried about the reports.

"It is not of concern that they are working on a fifth-generation fighter," Marine Col. Dave Lapan, a Pentagon spokesman, said, since the Chinese are "still having difficulties with their fourth-generation fighter."

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here is a Chinese release on the apparent leak of their aircraft.

Should be no surprise, any nation who wishes to have a relevant military is going to have state of the art, or as close to such as can be for their forces.

Chinese source

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, I just saw that. Good point-if it's true. Can't argue that one. lol

The thing I was talking about in my last reply to you about a post someone made in referrence to the "main" difference between the US vs. China model:

Forward Canards is what I was trying to indicate. A nice ATS member posted it shortly after mine.

I love it when the Air Tech/Experts people get going on these topics. One can learn a lot.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I see that The DRUDGE Report now has a story on (far right lane) and the British press is now reporting it.

Remember, you heard it here first----last week.

Want to make a bet on how many other ATS threads are started over this one? I say.... 3.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think that there are so many photos now that it is almost impossible to make such a perfect fake. It was for sure that China is developing its fifth (fourth) generation fighter since the late 90s, however judging from the first three images it looked as a fake (as a combination of Berkut and F-22). Now we can be sure, how the first technology demonstrator of the future chinese 5th generation fighter look like. I made some analysis already with the development background:

www.hitechweb.genezis.eu...

google translation
edit on 5-1-2011 by matej because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Remember, you heard it here first----last week.

Well, the first image leaked to the internet on 21. December and it was made reportedly on 7. December.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by matej

It's a joke.... relax.

So, I posted it on 12.27.10. Did you hear it/read it before then?

If you hadn't, then you hear/read it here first?

(for the record, I could have posted it on the 22nd but I had to run it up the chain of command to ensure I didn't violate anything....)

(another joke..)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well, I saw the first photo only a few hours after it leaked but it doesnt matter
In fact I was very suspicious that it is just another fake/PS/fan-art, as usual from China.

I wrote my post also for the reference - someone would want to track all the story so this dates can be usefull.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

well it's certainly making enough noise for a mock up

i wonder what the unit cost would be for these if they made say 200 of them

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
THis weeks AWST has a 3 page article on it.

Based on measurments of known ground vehicles its much larger than the T-50 or the F-22. Its about the same size as a F-111(about 75 feet)

There appears to be f-22 style side weapons bays

In intakes use DSI technology current being used on the F-35

Higher ground clearance than on a F-22

(above taken from AWST January 3, 2011)

Given the size of this sucker it seems ideal for a stealthy long range maritime strike platform.

KUDOS to the PLA's esbionage efforts
edit on 1/5/11 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Looks like a PS version of an F-22 with a few mods in emblem and positioning.

Of course, I can't say for certain. The Red Chinese are sucking the west for technology like a free-basing skeeter.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hope they make a bunch of those so they can fall apart like the rest of the junk they're pushing on the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright
reply to post by tommyjo

well it's certainly making enough noise for a mock up

i wonder what the unit cost would be for these if they made say 200 of them

Lots of debate on the engine over on the following aviation enthusiast forum. Possibly the second aircraft has been out on test or the first one has changed engines? The vegetation is masking the serial. So far aircraft number 2001 has been the only aircraft identified. Defence media press have serials 2001 and 2002 having been built.

forum.keypublishing.com...

TJ

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

So are you trying to say that what I posted wasn't factual?

The first two images I claimed were CGI/Photoshop, are indeed exactly that.

The rest that I claimed were possibly mock ups, could still be mock ups. There is no official word yet from Beijing. Until there is, cool you jets little one.

Or are you saying that the PLAAF insignia I posted is not PLAAF insignia?

And, based on the secrecy and security that surrounds China's advanced military projects, assuming that something is fishy like I did, is pretty normal and understandable. However, upon further reading in actual military forums around the place, it appeared my initial beliefs were wrong which I admitted. What's your problem?

I actually hope it is legit, and that in a few weeks they do start flight trials.
Because between this and the PAK-FA, it's going to be interesting to see what the Americans do.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

BLV12 wrote

The first two images I claimed were CGI/Photoshop, are indeed exactly that.

Correct. I never challenged you on that issue.

See my earlier post on that first image presented as real by others.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The rest that I claimed were possibly mock ups, could still be mock ups. There is no official word yet from Beijing. Until there is, cool you jets little one.

Little one?
Mock-ups that people outside Chengdu have witnessed under power conducting taxi tests? You seem to be unaware that these people outside were describing what they saw and heard on the Chinese military aviation forums along with posting their images.

Or are you saying that the PLAAF insignia I posted is not PLAAF insignia?

Apologies if I misread. The PLA star route has been used by others on the web in an attempt to discredit the images. Their reasoning was that if it didn't carry standard PLAAF insignia on the tail then it was evidence of it being fake/photoshop.

And, based on the secrecy and security that surrounds China's advanced military projects, assuming that something is fishy like I did, is pretty normal and understandable. However, upon further reading in actual military forums around the place, it appeared my initial beliefs were wrong which I admitted. What's your problem?

No problem from me. I was simply challenging your initial perception of China hiding from view such military projects. Images taken from outside the perimeter flowed out of Chengdu and other airfields of all their other advanced projects from the late 1990s onwards.

Another video of J-20 at Chengdu.

TJ

edit on 5-1-2011 by tommyjo because: Video link added

edit on 5-1-2011 by tommyjo because: Video link changed to You Tube

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Quit your trolling. Your not impressing anyone.
Keep beating a dead horse if thats your thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Story in todays Telegraph in the uk: link

Interesting slant on the story being Chinas intent to 'leak' the existence of the plane and the reason for their theory:

The Global Times did not comment on the authenticity of the pictures, but since the government wields extensive control over state media, the report's appearance and the fact that censors have not removed images from websites suggest a calculated move to leak the information into the public sphere.

Another piccy:

another:

Wonder who they are trying to impress by flopping their n*ts on the table? Korea?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join